Supply Drop - is a KD paradise

Comments

• Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Chainlink for BF1 pls then....

I actually enjoyed that game mode very much in BF4 so yeah it's got my vote.
  • vasilisdim1
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just another game mode which is going to die in one month from now...
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice, maybe the Conquest camping kd-junks can finally **** off now...

AMEN!
    Nice, maybe the Conquest camping kd-junks can finally **** off now...

AMEN!

Yes because all of us conquest lovers only camp on the largest maps where you run to everything...../sarcasm
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^^This. Running into an opposing team full of platoon mates is usually a nightmare unless they are all terrible(which I assume is rare). I ran into a good platoon and lost 4 straight matches where we didn't even reach 100 tickets. They secured the supply drop area with what I assume was communication between them and then dominated with the Flame trooper/Sentry. Finally I just had to bail on the server. No point in continuing on in that match at that point.

Platoons deserve being able to stomp teams if they play the game well together. This series is about teamwork after all, and the developers have given solo players almost every tool necessary to use teamwork without saying a word.

OG-N2rock wrote: »
    Yeah, I had one of those this morning. 500-67, I was on the losing side. My entire team was sniping :(

Kills are completely irrelevant in this game. The score is completely based on being on the objective. Having a couple competent snipers on the team is helpful, as that is needed to keep the enemy snipers from picking off the players that are on the objective. But when you have an entire team of snipers, or people out playing off the objective.

I wouldn't say that they are irrelevant, but just like with conquest or any of the other objective focuses modes in this game. Kills don't really mean much if the team killing doesn't have the objectives under control. Well...if people are trying to win. They don't.

• OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »
    ^^^^This. Running into an opposing team full of platoon mates is usually a nightmare unless they are all terrible(which I assume is rare). I ran into a good platoon and lost 4 straight matches where we didn't even reach 100 tickets. They secured the supply drop area with what I assume was communication between them and then dominated with the Flame trooper/Sentry. Finally I just had to bail on the server. No point in continuing on in that match at that point.

Platoons deserve being able to stomp teams if they play the game well together. This series is about teamwork after all, and the developers have given solo players almost every tool necessary to use teamwork without saying a word.

Yeah, I had one of those this morning. 500-67, I was on the losing side. My entire team was sniping :(

Kills are completely irrelevant in this game. The score is completely based on being on the objective. Having a couple competent snipers on the team is helpful, as that is needed to keep the enemy snipers from picking off the players that are on the objective. But when you have an entire team of snipers, or people out playing off the objective.

I wouldn't say that they are irrelevant, but just like with conquest or any of the other objective focuses modes in this game. Kills don't really mean much if the team killing doesn't have the objectives under control. Well...if people are trying to win. They don't.

Well of course they are not irrelevant in the pure sense- I mean, this is an FPS and killing is the idea. But as far as scoring goes, the kills do not help the score at all.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well of course they are not irrelevant in the pure sense- I mean, this is an FPS and killing is the idea. But as far as scoring goes, the kills do not help the score at all.

Id have to disagree with that? As a medic I've had matches with 300 heals/ revives yet still didn't place in the top ten in the team for lack of kills. (I was obviously on objectives and in the thick of things or never would've gotten that many!) This game has put the most emphasis on k/d and killing....
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

Id have to disagree with that? As a medic I've had matches with 300 heals/ revives yet still didn't place in the top ten in the team for lack of kills. (I was obviously on objectives and in the thick of things or never would've gotten that many!) This game has put the most emphasis on k/d and killing....

There is an emphasis on killing and not dying while playing the objective. Pure PTFO players and Pure KD players lose out to those that do both. Being effective at both should be the goal of any player.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017

And I had a game once where I went 3-18, and was the #1 score simply from heals, revives, and capping flags.

But that is irrelevant in this discussion, as this is a discussion on playing Supply Drop, where the ONLY way to win is to be capping the supply drops. If the entire team is focused purely on getting kills, and no one is capping, then that team will lose because the GAME score is based entirely on cap points
  • jmgargoyle
    edited September 2017
    I've never gotten an MVP as medic(1 of 3 ribbons I'm missing) even on 300+ games. Then again I usually only play conquest so it's a bit harder as I don't focus on kills, just healing/revives for squad mates as well as blueberries.....
  • OG-N2rock
    edited September 2017
    I've never gotten an MVP as medic(1 of 3 ribbons I'm missing) even on 300+ games. Then again I usually only play conquest so it's a bit harder as I don't focus on kills, just healing/revives for squad mates as well as blueberries.....

The game I reference (where I was #1) was Conquest on Suez. Conquest is the mode I play most. But I also jump into Ops and Frontline from time to time. Attacking on Ops is where a good medic can really shine. Since the attacking team is limited, reviving people is imperative.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is possible to do both effectively and once you can the MVPs will be rolling in.
  • OG-N2rock
    edited September 2017

You're doing better on ribbons than me ;) I'm lacking 5 (but the MVP is not one of them). The 5 I don't have are ones that I will never have.
  • jmgargoyle

You're doing better on ribbons than me ;) I'm lacking 5 (but the MVP is not one of them). The 5 I don't have are ones that I will never have.

I understand that! My other two are taking out 5 kills by plane and 3 kills from horseback k....I suck at flying and hate the horse...
  • OG-N2rock

I understand that! My other two are taking out 5 kills by plane and 3 kills from horseback k....I suck at flying and hate the horse...

Ha! One of mine is also the 5 kills by plane. The others are game modes I don't play (Rush, pigeons, dom), and one for getting 5 kills with revolvers- I might get that someday, but not counting on it.
  • FeedYourHead420
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't even understand the point of the drops existing. You don't add to the team score by winning them. You add to the team score with kills. I completely ignore the drops and take the easy kills on ppl trying to get to them. I've played a few games now where we've won one maybe two drops and absolutely slaughtered the other team. It doesn't matter that the drop gives the other team a single elite class when half my team is 20 and 10 at least by ignoring it. It seems broken to me at the most basic level, makes you wonder whether dice actually played their own game mode before releasing and charging ppl money for it
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like a great mode to get your airburst mortars completed
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even understand the point of the drops existing. You don't add to the team score by winning them. You add to the team score with kills. I completely ignore the drops and take the easy kills on ppl trying to get to them. I've played a few games now where we've won one maybe two drops and absolutely slaughtered the other team. It doesn't matter that the drop gives the other team a single elite class when half my team is 20 and 10 at least by ignoring it. It seems broken to me at the most basic level, makes you wonder whether dice actually played their own game mode before releasing and charging ppl money for it

I don't think that a team can generate enough points (500) to win with control of only two supply drops. I was in a match yesterday where almost everyone on my team had a negative K/D with under 10 kills. While the other team had very good K/D ratios, and were killing us a ton, but we still won the match because we were getting points from the supply drops more than they were.

If your team can deny the other access to the supply drops for the rest of the game until time runs out. Then I can see it happening that way, but two supply drops isn't enough to get the max score required to win, and I don't think that the difference can be made up with kills.

• H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When I get my 50 wins on this game mode I will never play it again. Annoying that the ribbons for a win aren't out yet.
  • MW_Turned
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Right now Supply Drop is used 90% to unlock assignments. Everything that has to do with grenades/mortars can be unlocked extremely easy in this mode. The tiny open capture zones make it nearly impossible to play the objective. Also, it takes forever to empty the supplies and get the sentry kit.
    If this mode doesn't get a major update that makes it easier to play the objective, it will die as soon as most players have unlocked their weapon assignments in my opinion.
  • dbibby1988
    421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From my experience I just find it frustrating to play. You can die very easily, even when you spawn on someone. Both team spawns can be very close together. Ive found out it makes a huge difference to your team winning if you actually flank the enemy first, rather than running straight to the drop. When the game first loads, I run around the edge of the map (easiest to do on Albion because of the water) and then when youre behind the enemy its much easier to spot/take out the enemy. I got my 30 frag grenade kills by doing this, as it was getting 2-3 kills everytime and then it meant the team could crowd in and get the valuable points.