Server Performance Since September DLC

Teh_Next
1528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 5
It's real bad, doesn't matter what server I play on it's a micro stutter and lag party.
The icons have gone but performance is worse.
Checked my line and Grade A Bufferbloat and quality on DSL reports.

What gives?
I can't be the only one, this has to be widespread, hasn't it?

*edited title to remove the EU part as it seems to be global.

Comments

• Jumpy-B-L
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »
    It's real bad, doesn't matter what server I play on it's a micro stutter and lag party.
    The icons have gone but performance is worse.
    Checked my line and Grade A Bufferbloat and quality on DSL reports.

What gives?
    I can't be the only one, this has to be widespread, hasn't it?

Not just EU servers. Game feels like crap here in East US.
  • Teh_Next
    1528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So something has b0rked at a common level!
  • SCOLANATOR
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just came here to voice my complaint. I love the new DLC but the lag is horrific. Playing on a 300/20Mb connection with a 34ms ping on a very high end system. It feels like I'm running through treacle and keep getting stuck. Planes are unusable. What has happened with this DLC? Before the game was fine for me?

Every single player online in complaining as well, guess most haven't bothered to come to the forums.
  • Teh_Next
    Just gave it another try.
    Repairing planes and it before the repair completed it would reset the repair.
    Repairing tanks with the wrench as support same thing was happening.
  • JT_I23I
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so im not the only one lagging like crazy all of a sudden
  • Teh_Next
    Nope, seems to be widespread.
  • HardAimedKid
    10234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Strange, the game played extremely smooth for me, it normally does, but updates always scare me. Especially when I see the word netcode in patch notes
  • Teh_Next
    Strange, the game played extremely smooth for me, it normally does, but updates always scare me. Especially when I see the word netcode in patch notes

Where about a are you?
  • HardAimedKid
    10234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Where about a are you?

Ohio
  • Teh_Next
    You have to forgive my geographic ignorance.
    Is that eastern US?
  • Jumpy-B-L
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Mid West
  • Wandereru
    310 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's lagging badly. It says I have 34ms lag but I can see it how my shots are not registered and when I get kills, revive, cap or just about anything that pops up to tell me I earned points is done so with a large delay, I mean like brapping someone down getting the kill and it tells me his name 7 seconds later.
  • HardAimedKid
    You have to forgive my geographic ignorance.
    Is that eastern US?

Midwest, I do have a server in my state though I believe lol
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yep, played a few rounds tonight and though I did enjoy the new maps the servers were pretty awful. PS4, EU my ping is a stable 20-30ms on an uncontended/unshaped line. I actually took a clip of me putting three headshots into a guy with the AL8.35 from ~10 and he didn't die. Shot round corners. The usual nonsense.
  • bran1986
    2842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The new maps are a lot of fun but the lag and hit detection is real bad. Kill someone and the information takes 5+ seconds to register. Put half a mag into someone and do 60 damage or no damage at all. You can do 80 or 90 damage to someone, someone else kills the player and you don't get the assist counts as kill.
  • Leonardo_1966
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    serious delay
  • azelenkin0306
    190 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same here. I live in Poland and have ping 50. Operations and Conquest are lagging as hell. I tried new Operations and I was running like in syrup, sound crackling and delays in hit registration all the time.
  • SetheusIX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Massive server lag here in the UK as well
  • Teh_Next
    I wonder if this will be recognised officially.
  • Gun51ing3r
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Terrible lag and jitter, every game I played last night was like this, lots of complaints in chat!