Weekly BF

What is KPM automatic ban?

tokrot
53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Just wanna ask is this a cheat ban?

Comments

• CPU_UK
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE are saying they have a bit of a ban problem at the moment.
  • spitfiresiemion
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    KPM automatic ban is given to people who exceed a certain value in Kills Per Minute (when it comes to their overall stats). It's a server plugin. Usually used by server owners who don't want people with a certain performance level to join and singlehandedly throw server balance into disarray (and whether this is a good approach or not is a totally different story...). At certain value it can also weed out the most blatant cheaters with aimbot/damage modifier combo (and often few extra cheats), although, if you ask me, it's not really a good stat for that unless you set it to a somewhat ridiculous value like 10 or 15 KPM...
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    KPM automatic ban is given to people who exceed a certain value in Kills Per Minute (when it comes to their overall stats). It's a server plugin. Usually used by server owners who don't want people with a certain performance level to join and singlehandedly throw server balance into disarray (and whether this is a good approach or not is a totally different story...). At certain value it can also weed out the most blatant cheaters with aimbot/damage modifier combo (and often few extra cheats), although, if you ask me, it's not really a good stat for that unless you set it to a somewhat ridiculous value like 10 or 15 KPM...

But I've also seen this value said as well as 4 and my tank that's completely possible in the right hands
  • spitfiresiemion
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    I meant overall stats during the entire career... I don't really see a career 10 KPM being a thing. KDR? Sure, 10 over the entire career is perfectly doable. KPM? Uhhhh, I have my doubts. Still, it's not exactly the most reliable tool, to put it mildly... call me behind the times, but I still believe that in majority of cases nothing beats a good, long look in spectator mode.
  • Frogtooth
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's part of a Procon plugin and is intended to catch cheaters, but depending how it is set, sure, it can snag legitimate players.