Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Glacia, possibly the worst map in bf history? (or just misunderstood)

INCUBA3E-BF
1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 8
so I really don't understand who thought this was a good idea for a map

flat with no cover at all, every flag looks the same apart from the train flag, just a brown mess for camping vehicles, and planes to dominate, with a side order of snipers everywhete

it truly is the boring map Ive ever played, who every thought this was a good concept for a map, needs to step away from game design

now if it was a tank superiority map......I can see how it would be decent, but it just doesn't work, flow at all in conquest

EDIT: so after reading some of posts I decided to replay this map and adjust, used nothing but the trenches and played more of a AA role with my lmg against planes, was actually pretty fun. also used the bipod a lot more on the sides of trenches to mow down enemies in no man's land

map actually feels bit like verdun (if you've played that game) and more ww1 in style

in short perhaps I was to quick to criticise, or perhaps the first 2 game's I had on this map were just awful, so I'll reserve judgement on this map

Comments

• Chillmatik_86
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, out of all maps this one i think is definately the worst to play on, feels like they felt the need to cater the camping snipers some more to me....

I do really like Albion and Wolga tho'
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    volga river and albion are great, I don't mind any of them, glacia is a waste of hard drive space
  • Prep768
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It is very open but the trench/river network helps you travel round the map. It may be vehicle/sniper friendly but had a couple of good rounds on it last night.

Only bad thing is when the enemy behemoth is parked at C and there's no other flags to take - that thingvhas a huge arc off fire, so stay well clear
  • TankGewehr1917
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's like they took everything wrong with Golmud in BF4 then turned it up to eleven then took away all the tanks and 90% of the buildings.
  • Gaming_SMK
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can understand that in all maps Dice have tried to base them on real places and encounters. However, if that place turns out like this map, they should change it around a bit and add something to make it more interesting. The map is dire, and the only reason people are playing it is to get those plane kills with an LMG, which is another stupid decision to include
  • JesseA421
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    real bf map, go play cod if u like those runny gunny tdm maps
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    JesseA421 wrote: »

what?!!

so because a map is badly designed, that makes me a cod tdm player

you are a special kind of special
  • JesseA421
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 6
    its trench warfare. adapt instead of complaining u cant do good on it, special boi. just mentioning "flow" and "conquest" in the same sentence is nonsense. every CQ match is a giant circle jerk. if its boring you are doing it wrong.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    OK boi
  • BaronVonGoon
    2898 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In my opinion it's the worst map ive ever played.
  • Chillmatik_86
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    It is very open but the trench/river network helps you travel round the map. It may be vehicle/sniper friendly but had a couple of good rounds on it last night.

Only bad thing is when the enemy behemoth is parked at C and there's no other flags to take - that thingvhas a huge arc off fire, so stay well clear

I've played it twice now, 2 wins, 2 mvps, still not a big fan of it, the amount of deaths by campers is just, wow... Watched a death cam today, failed to capture it, it looked like the ArtyTruckers were having a teaparty between A and E flag...

Playing this map makes me think of a new kind of matchmaking: PTFO-based, put all campers on one side and the objective players on the other, maybe then some people will learn what Conquest and teamplay is about...
  • rocco1455
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Worst map in my view
  • fisknyllet17
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    its trench warfare. adapt instead of complaining u cant do good on it, special boi. just mentioning "flow" and "conquest" in the same sentence is nonsense. every CQ match is a giant circle jerk. if its boring you are doing it wrong.
    Classic Jesse :smile:
  • JPBF3PT
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Playing Battlefield for years now, BF2, Bad Company, Vietnam, BF3, BF4, BF1 ... this is BY FAR the worst map ever made by DICE. Was it DICE?!? can´t believe that ... it´s just plain awfull. Open, no cover, tons of vehicles (specially planes), tons of snipers, completely unplayable.

I´d rather have a 5 map expansion than 6 ... this way i have the trouble of skipping this one ALL THE TIME!
  • Excoriar
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought in WW1 no man's lands were barren, devoid of cover, open? Just have everyone one on the team go over the top and bayonet charge across.
  • GuN_sLiNgErXD15
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah if you can aim your GuN it's amusing for a while watching your kd fly.
    But yeah far too open, golmund railway should have been a great template for a vehicle centric map that gives infi some good options.
    Honestly not a massive fan of the dlc maps so far, vanilla maps play a lot better even the "poorer" ones.
  • widdy2
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Play CoD with it's very weak aim assist! No thanks, I'll stick to BF1 and trust the aim assist to get me kills.
  • vasilisdim1
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I find it a really different map than all the other maps on bf1. I mean infantry based are the best, but it's something different. If you are PTFOing theres a lot of cover on the trenches and lot's of vehicles to use. Also, a good tip that i'm cetrain that work is that finally people need to understand the use of the smoke grenade. I barely see a smoking area on bf1, just because most players only care to throw first their grenades and then fire with their primary weapon. You can't imagine how many times a choking point, a grenade spam or even a big area with no cover, like this map has been fixed just by throwing a single smoke grenade.