Glacia, possibly the worst map in bf history? (or just misunderstood)

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I spent even less time, you were already warned not to be salty because others don't like something. I suggest you watch it or you will be banned again.

Lol as if, I got petty banned because I called a guy a name - nothing more. I suggest you actually read responses and comment on topic before this quote becomes ironic.

You are acting like in a random match with random players that you can actually move well on these maps. Of course people in ELITE squads with an 85% win percentage are going to like everything they do. They never struggle, and mostly mop up noobs all day.

People that actually have to play with tankers that run away from your wrench and others that refuse to revive you are less fortunate.

I never once said that all the maps are terrible. I basically have said that without friends these maps are insanely hard to manage at times, and yes a few of them are actually terrible.

Tsaritsyn is purely garbage. You can try and defend a poor map all you want, but at this point no map is poor to you. You'll defend any and every map ever made. Congratulations at having no critical faculties. The whole game is the greatest thing, and Tsar is even greater than that! YAY, go cheerleader go!

I don't care that open fields are what WW1 was all about. That is BS anyway. Half the time that is NOT even the case as stalemates IN trenches were a big problem. In other places there was plenty of open combat in many different places. People were not just fighting in open fields with tanks coming at them all the time lol.

I don't mind a Tsar map now and then. But if it is not Volga well chances are I really don't even want to play it. Have not played Albion enough on decent teams to have any clue if it is fair and balanced. The rest are okay to mediocre to straight up bottom of the barrel.

Where is most of this even coming from?

First off, I play alone 99.9% of the time. Out of all my games played, MAYBE 40~ of them are with friends, and even then some of them were in CQL with maybe one friend in my squad. I'm not "elite" nor do I run with a squad, and I never claimed to do/be either.

CQL is what I play the vast majority of the time, and I play it solo maining Medic. It's not like I'm somehow having an "easier time" than anyone else. Where you're getting this idea or why you're even bringing it up in this thread is beyond me.

Secondly, even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand (Galicia), you have called the maps terrible. You've made multiple posts saying the DLC in general is bad and that you can't understand how people are praising it.

I don't know why you're bringing up Tsaritsyn, as it has nothing to do with this thread at all. I haven't "defended" that map at all apart from saying it's not "wide open". This thread is about Galicia and I've mainly been defending that map and why it's a more "open" map. But congratulations on making baseless, petty, and underhanded prods at me for being a "cheerleader". I don't even remotely praise everything DICE does. I absolutely hated the majority of the TSNP maps and I barely played the DLC at all, I absolutely hate how they have bolt-action rifles balanced and how ineffective the Scout class is becoming at contributing to objective play, I hate a ton about the current balance pass being tested in the CTE and have commented extensively about it on this forum.

Please, get a grip on reality and post on topic.

It doesn't matter if there's one map that's completely open and is focused on smarter movement instead of a huge obj marathon, and that you don't like that type of map. So what - there are maps that you, personally, don't enjoy. Cool. DICE isn't going to redesign nearly an entire expansion to the game just because you and a few others don't like the maps, it's merely your opinion.

I don't have to "defend" the maps against your opinion. At the end of the day that's all anyone's comments about the maps are, it's entirely subjective.

The fact is that people have been asking for a map like this since day 1 and DICE delivered, and there are still many in this community who actually enjoy the map.

You don't like it? Deal with it. You know what people in past games did when Metro came up in rotation? They quit if they didn't like it and joined a different server. If you don't like a map/maps, don't play them - there's no point in vehemently spamming about how bad you think they are in multiple threads, beyond a rework of objectives on Tsaritsyn I don't see many of the maps changing at all because people don't like them.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I spent even less time, you were already warned not to be salty because others don't like something. I suggest you watch it or you will be banned again.

Lol as if, I got petty banned because I called a guy a name - nothing more. I suggest you actually read responses and comment on topic before this quote becomes ironic.

You are acting like in a random match with random players that you can actually move well on these maps. Of course people in ELITE squads with an 85% win percentage are going to like everything they do. They never struggle, and mostly mop up noobs all day.

People that actually have to play with tankers that run away from your wrench and others that refuse to revive you are less fortunate.

I never once said that all the maps are terrible. I basically have said that without friends these maps are insanely hard to manage at times, and yes a few of them are actually terrible.

Tsaritsyn is purely garbage. You can try and defend a poor map all you want, but at this point no map is poor to you. You'll defend any and every map ever made. Congratulations at having no critical faculties. The whole game is the greatest thing, and Tsar is even greater than that! YAY, go cheerleader go!

I don't care that open fields are what WW1 was all about. That is BS anyway. Half the time that is NOT even the case as stalemates IN trenches were a big problem. In other places there was plenty of open combat in many different places. People were not just fighting in open fields with tanks coming at them all the time lol.

I don't mind a Tsar map now and then. But if it is not Volga well chances are I really don't even want to play it. Have not played Albion enough on decent teams to have any clue if it is fair and balanced. The rest are okay to mediocre to straight up bottom of the barrel.

Where is most of this even coming from?

First off, I play alone 99.9% of the time. Out of all my games played, MAYBE 40~ of them are with friends, and even then some of them were in CQL with maybe one friend in my squad. I'm not "elite" nor do I run with a squad, and I never claimed to do/be either.

CQL is what I play the vast majority of the time, and I play it solo maining Medic. It's not like I'm somehow having an "easier time" than anyone else. Where you're getting this idea or why you're even bringing it up in this thread is beyond me.

Secondly, even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand (Galicia), you have called the maps terrible. You've made multiple posts saying the DLC in general is bad and that you can't understand how people are praising it.

I don't know why you're bringing up Tsaritsyn, as it has nothing to do with this thread at all. I haven't "defended" that map at all apart from saying it's not "wide open". This thread is about Galicia and I've mainly been defending that map and why it's a more "open" map. But congratulations on making baseless, petty, and underhanded prods at me for being a "cheerleader". I don't even remotely praise everything DICE does. I absolutely hated the majority of the TSNP maps and I barely played the DLC at all, I absolutely hate how they have bolt-action rifles balanced and how ineffective the Scout class is becoming at contributing to objective play, I hate a ton about the current balance pass being tested in the CTE and have commented extensively about it on this forum.

Please, get a grip on reality and post on topic.

It doesn't matter if there's one map that's completely open and is focused on smarter movement instead of a huge obj marathon, and that you don't like that type of map. So what - there are maps that you, personally, don't enjoy. Cool. DICE isn't going to redesign nearly an entire expansion to the game just because you and a few others don't like the maps, it's merely your opinion.

I don't have to "defend" the maps against your opinion. At the end of the day that's all anyone's comments about the maps are, it's entirely subjective.

The fact is that people have been asking for a map like this since day 1 and DICE delivered, and there are still many in this community who actually enjoy the map.

You don't like it? Deal with it. You know what people in past games did when Metro came up in rotation? They quit if they didn't like it and joined a different server. If you don't like a map/maps, don't play them - there's no point in vehemently spamming about how bad you think they are in multiple threads, beyond a rework of objectives on Tsaritsyn I don't see many of the maps changing at all because people don't like them.

So it's ok that you didn't like a dlc but not ok if he expresses his dislike for this one? Everyones entitled to their opinion and the expression of it. You like the map? Then go play it!?
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

So it's ok that you didn't like a dlc but not ok if he expresses his dislike for this one? Everyones entitled to their opinion and the expression of it. You like the map? Then go play it!?

No - the problem is how he reacts to people with opposing opinions. He doesn't like the DLC overall, so not only does he tout his negative opinion about it around the forum as if it's more objective than subjective, but he calls anyone who defends the DLC "apologists" and insists that they'll praise DICE no matter what they put out.

He literally came out of nowhere responding to me (much like you did) calling me a cheerleader for DICE and implying one of the only reasons I think the maps are good is because, and I quote, I "play with an elite squad with over an 85% win percentage". That's the second time in this very thread where someone has come out of nowhere responding to me with BS and things I never said/talked about.

He's bringing up crap like me "defending Tsaritsyn", when not only have I NOT defended Tsartitsyn, but the thread isn't about Tsaritsyn AT ALL.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - but that opinion shouldn't be touted around as if it's fact, and that opinion has nothing to do with me, how I play the game, or whether or not I enjoy maps. This is the second thread where he's brought up me specifically in his responses SOLELY based on the fact that my opinion of the maps was opposite of his.

It's about time people actually respond on-topic, instead of responding to me about HOW or WHY I post what I post simply because I'm here defending a map.

He came out of nowhere and brought up me being a "cheerleader", implied I play in some "elite squad", and falsely claimed I was defending a map that the topic isn't even about. I even pointed that out in my response to him and told him to get a grip and get back on topic.

You came out of nowhere earlier in the thread and implied I was talking about "people like you", when I clearly and blatantly wasn't and you literally inserted yourself into my comments out of nowhere just to disagree with me.

Now you're here again, completely ignoring my actual response to the guy and just insisting that I'm somehow claiming his opinion doesn't matter and only mine does, even though I never said or implied anything like that.

SO - in saying that - if both of you could kindly hop off of the subject of you not agreeing with what specifically Loqtrall is saying and having a BURNING desire to express that disagreement, maybe this thread could actually continue.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No - the problem is how he reacts to people with opposing opinions. He doesn't like the DLC overall, so not only does he tout his negative opinion about it around the forum as if it's more objective than subjective, but he calls anyone who defends the DLC "apologists" and insists that they'll praise DICE no matter what they put out.

He literally came out of nowhere responding to me (much like you did) calling me a cheerleader for DICE and implying one of the only reasons I think the maps are good is because, and I quote, I "play with an elite squad with over an 85% win percentage". That's the second time in this very thread where someone has come out of nowhere responding to me with BS and things I never said/talked about.

He's bringing up crap like me "defending Tsaritsyn", when not only have I NOT defended Tsartitsyn, but the thread isn't about Tsaritsyn AT ALL.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - but that opinion shouldn't be touted around as if it's fact, and that opinion has nothing to do with me, how I play the game, or whether or not I enjoy maps. This is the second thread where he's brought up me specifically in his responses SOLELY based on the fact that my opinion of the maps was opposite of his.

It's about time people actually respond on-topic, instead of responding to me about HOW or WHY I post what I post simply because I'm here defending a map.

He came out of nowhere and brought up me being a "cheerleader", implied I play in some "elite squad", and falsely claimed I was defending a map that the topic isn't even about. I even pointed that out in my response to him and told him to get a grip and get back on topic.

You came out of nowhere earlier in the thread and implied I was talking about "people like you", when I clearly and blatantly wasn't and you literally inserted yourself into my comments out of nowhere just to disagree with me.

Now you're here again, completely ignoring my actual response to the guy and just insisting that I'm somehow claiming his opinion doesn't matter and only mine does, even though I never said or implied anything like that.

SO - in saying that - if both of you could kindly hop off of the subject of you not agreeing with what specifically Loqtrall is saying and having a BURNING desire to express that disagreement, maybe this thread could actually continue.

You brought up the other maps not him in the first place? He responded. In a post talking about one map, it usually leads to comments on Others as well. We all know this...and like I said before, I didn't "come out of nowhere as I had already posted I didn't like th e map. You came after that saying most people that were complaining didn't know how to play it or whatnot. So technically, you came out of nowhere being derogative to those of us who don't like it. You also stated you don't like the weapon changes and have posted EXTENSIVELY in th e forum abo it it, yet you turn around and try to tell him not to post negatively about his argument? Pot calling the kettle black. Thanks for posting books and derailing everything though! This threads gone at this point...
  • Loqtrall
    edited September 2017

You brought up the other maps not him in the first place? He responded. In a post talking about one map, it usually leads to comments on Others as well. We all know this...and like I said before, I didn't "come out of nowhere as I had already posted I didn't like th e map. You came after that saying most people that were complaining didn't know how to play it or whatnot. So technically, you came out of nowhere being derogative to those of us who don't like it. You also stated you don't like the weapon changes and have posted EXTENSIVELY in th e forum abo it it, yet you turn around and try to tell him not to post negatively about his argument? Pot calling the kettle black. Thanks for posting books and derailing everything though! This threads gone at this point...

No - I didn't bring up the other maps in the first place. He responded to ME first, I literally hadn't said a word to him in this thread, and he told me "all of these maps are basically open fields, me personally I think the DLC sucks". Here's the actual quote if you really can't even bother to go back and read the thread before commenting some assuming and false stuff like that:
    These maps are almost all wide open maps. Me personally I think this DLC mostly sucks. It's okay for a break, but no way in hell is this going to be where I put my playtime. I can't name one map I truly love yet from the entire DLC. That is never a good sign.

I don't mind a couple of them, but 2 of them I completely despise. Galicia is just another random open field map. These maps are much easier to make than say Amiens and require almost no strategic research.

He brought up Galicia two times in that entire response, the rest was about all the maps and the DLC as a whole being "bad wide open maps".

I didn't bring up the other maps - he literally responded to me out of nowhere, I didn't initially respond to him.

And no, "we don't all know" that talking about one maps leads to others - this is literally a thread about ONE map. Maybe bring it up in comparison to others, but he literally just responded to me bringing up how awful every map in the DLC is, and explained THAT'S why people "dislike it".

And like I said before, you DID come out of nowhere. You literally responded to me that I was "talking about people like you" when I wasn't. Again - here's the quote if you really can't go back and read:

Sorry but I didn't "come out of nowhere" as I was one of the people that posted that I didn't like the map.... but your comment was basically people like me were "mad be cuz bad"

I bolded and underlined the part you got blatantly WRONG. I was not talking about people like you.

Sorry, I'm not sure how your reading comprehension is, but if you did well on the map and still disliked it, and I'm talking about people who did horrible on the map and disliked it - I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU. I was literally talking about people who disliked the map because they PROBABLY had horrible matches - and you literally came out of nowhere and INSERTED YOURSELF into that response AS IF I was talking about you.

Despite me telling you that before and AFTER I got banned for a petty reason, you're STILL here claiming I was "talking about people like you".

I didn't "come out of nowhere being derogatory to you", there were literal examples of people I was talking about in the thread. I wasn't being derogatory, I was telling the truth - and that truth had literally ZERO to do with you.

And lastly - I never told anyone to "not post" their disagreements or opinions. This is the SECOND time on this very page of this thread you've implied I've somehow told people or claimed people should not post their negative comments about these maps.

I simply told him that if he doesn't like a map, cool - but people ASKED for Galicia (I brought that up because despite people asking for it, he still continued to say things like "well so what, I didn't ask for it"), and he's acting like the fact that HE PERSONALLY dislikes this DLC means that it's ruining the game. He overreacts to people who disagree with him about the maps. Sorry, but just because HE doesn't like the maps doesn't make people who do enjoy them and defend them "DICE apologists" or "cheerleaders" that praise everything DICE does.

Sorry - but telling someone "If you don't like a map? Cool - don't play it" does not equate to "So what if you don't like a map, you shouldn't post what you're posting on the forum".

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now again - and this is for any moderators that might be reading this - I'd REALLY enjoy it if you (because it seems the other guy has stopped) would get off the topic of ME and get back on the topic of the actual thread.

I have a feeling if I don't write things like this, that the mods are going to come in here and accuse ME of derailing the thread simply because they won't read through the full conversation and see that there are two people in here that seemingly can't get off the topic of ME and what I'M DOING IN THE THREAD PERSONALLY.

I'm sitting here wanting and willing to have a conversation on topic, and I'm repeatedly having to defend myself in the thread against two guys who seemingly can't let the topic of Me go, despite me requesting/telling them multiple times to get back on topic.

But I'm not just going to sit idly by as two people either tell blatant lies about me or misconstrue what I'm saying and are sitting there acting like I'm some troll. I'm not going to have people sitting there talking smack about me when neither of them probably truly read through my responses in this thread (OBVIOUSLY).

I mean really - you're sitting here saying I'M the one who has derailed the thread when I've told you AND the other guy multiple times at this point to stop talking ABOUT ME and to get back on topic. I was never the one that brought all this up in the first place - both of you came into this thread of your own free will and have been commenting directly to me about MY personal performance in this thread. Why? Who the hell knows.

So I'm gonna tell you like I told the other guy - get a grip, and get back on topic. This topic isn't about how you feel about me, it's about Galicia.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Choo Choo! And the next train will be stopping at Caresville.

Please get off here if you think the train has been derailed.
  • jmgargoyle
    edited September 2017
    HuwJarz wrote: »

I am. He's just trolling at this point. Didn't even bother to read his last book...
  • CosmicStriker
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it , it's a total sniper map.
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I like it too. I get to hunt snipers all day :)
    I've got most of my HEtripwire kills trolling snipers on this map just like someone else posted video doing in one of the HE tripwire threads
  • Loqtrall
    edited September 2017
    HuwJarz wrote: »

I am. He's just trolling at this point. Didn't even bother to read his last book...

Dude, really? Let it go. You're hypocritically saying "I am" while continuing to respond solely about me instead of the topic. My "last book" ended with a request that you stop talking about me and start talking on topic, so don't attempt to claim I'm trolling - you're the one over here that claims I'm derailing while simultaneously making comments only about me.

Your unwillingness to read what I've written only matches your inability to see that you and Khronikos started derailing the thread by making comments about ME and how I was responding to the topic instead of just continuing the discussion - and you both did so unprovoked by me altogether, and without me initially responding to either of you directly in the thread beforehand.

I'm sure I could call the very same moderator in here that banned me a few days ago, and he would agree.

For the last time - let it go, get a grip, get on topic.
    llIBertIll wrote: »

I like it too. I get to hunt snipers all day :)
    I've got most of my HEtripwire kills trolling snipers on this map just like someone else posted video doing in one of the HE tripwire threads

Now that you mention it, I got quite a few tripwire bomb kills on the train at C earlier today - people run right in to them if you plant them inbetween the train cars, and it's a pretty high-traffic area. Good for completing that specialization assignment for anybody having trouble.
    Post edited by Loqtrall on
  • AriffK_88
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I personally think it's a cracking map!!
  • ThePackman627
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I actually love the map and more especially the flag layout. Its in a wedge and because of that, at least when I've played on it, there have been NO baseraping and most games are pretty even. I hope DICE keeps the wedge design
  • Godhates1234
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tsaritsyn is the worst map. If a team got B, they win the match. There should be more flags.
  • rafa_outro89
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Best map of TSNP in my opinion.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    so after multiple plays it's not the worst

it's just different, I just stick to trenches and river bed, one of the few maps where the bipod on lmg''s makes a huge difference

shame it doesn't have a few more bits of cover, like destroyed tanks etc

6/10
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    so after multiple plays it's not the worst

it's just different, I just stick to trenches and river bed, one of the few maps where the bipod on lmg''s makes a huge difference

shame it doesn't have a few more bits of cover, like destroyed tanks etc

6/10

I agree, tho' whenever i play galicia after tsaritsyn it feels like at least a 7/10
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought I would sit on this one for a while.

Galicia - I HATED it for the first few rounds, but I think that as you play it more and more you come to learn that it has some good flags and some depth of strategy - how to move and flank etc etc. Some interesting and a variety of flag zones. Yes, there could be more cover. Everyone seems to be either sniper or medic.

On the other hand, I liked Tsaritsyn on the first play, and am fast learning to hate it. It's not like flanking around A & C flags is much fun - just a trench fest. C flag is almost impossible to hold due to the openness, whereas if you are flanking to A, you have a massive advantage in terms of cover. The church itself is just a a clusterf. There is no semblance of skill in there. There are so many entry points that if you try to hold the flag, the only option is to go up top. Once there, its too hard to shift the dynamic. It results in boring gameplay if you are defending from the balcony, and frustrating gameplay if you are trying to take the church as it is hard to shift the defenders.

I'm really snuggling to understand why Lucknow pass is struggling to get a map vote, and I really like Brusilov Keep and Albion.
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the problem is you all spend the majority of the time playing on trash conquest. play these maps on real battlefield modes like rush and operations and you will see they are all playable, each different in their own ways.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12018 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    the problem is you all spend the majority of the time playing on trash conquest.

How is Conquest "trash" ?

It is the staple game mode of every battlefield game ever released.

Rush was only introduced in the Bad company series, Conquest has been a thing since BF 1942.
  • HuwJarz
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    the problem is you all spend the majority of the time playing on trash conquest. play these maps on real battlefield modes like rush and operations and you will see they are all playable, each different in their own ways.

Lol.

'Trash conquest' is the game mode preferred by 83% of players.

Perhaps Jessie could comment on his own playing choices given that given that he has spent 82% of his own time playing conquest and nearly 10 times as much time playing conquest as his next nearest game mode. Of the 'real battlefield modes' that he has played, he has managed a 7 games of operations and 22 games of rush. Staying with these 'real battlefield game modes', they represent 3.3% of his gaming time.

@massivecredibilityfail.