Glacia, possibly the worst map in bf history? (or just misunderstood)

12346»

Comments

• Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JesseA421 wrote: »
    the problem is you all spend the majority of the time playing on trash conquest.

You mean the primary game mode of every BF game in existence?
  • JesseA421
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    i play what my clanm8s prefer. im not complaining about it being trash, i am stating it is due to the fact that 80% of the BF community prefer it due to its circle jerk least contested flag to least contested flag merry go round of capping, therefore this 80% of the community want an easy game with least resistance. which is also where i fit into 80% of the time as u can see when im playing with an entire party chat of m8s, drinking and bantering for the lols. when we do want to play serious and try and try hard, we will play a proper game mode that takes a certain amount of strategy between a squad or multiple squads, such as rush or frontlines.

all i see in this thread is generalized opinions that people should somehow play strategy based on described maps on conquest when 80% of the described playerbase is randos playing alone and clans playing for the lols.
  • HuwJarz
    3470 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Reverse gear being found at 30kph........

When you 'play serious and hard and try hard' you knocked out 7 games of operations. 7 out of nearly 1000 games played.

I smell BS.

All I see are opinions labelled as facts when they are entirely baseless.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    the problem is you all spend the majority of the time playing on trash conquest. play these maps on real battlefield modes like rush and operations and you will see they are all playable, each different in their own ways.

aww that's cute, you're newbie to the franchise

bf is conquest
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i when we do want to play serious and try and try hard, we will play a proper game mode that takes a certain amount of strategy between a squad or multiple squads, such as rush or frontlines.

Yes, because rushing and holding two objectives in rush Is so much more difficult than controlling 3 or more objectives on a full size map...ridiculous. makes me laugh. And how are you trying hard playing tug of war (frontlines)? Not like you have a choice what objective to go to? And you pretty much know where the enemies going to be as well!? The ultimate challenging game modes in bf1 would be conquest and operations. You know, maps where you have to make tactical decisions on where to go instead of it being spelled out for you.....
  • ARingdal
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not gonna write a long post about this subject because the thread owner already changed his mind about it, but there's a interesting reason why complaints like this show up from time to time. Battlefield is a BIG game for many reasons, maps, players count, expansions, classes, weapons, missions etc etc.... After playing the base game for a while many players find their favorite class, map, playstyle and so on, and like to stick to it because it gives them the pleasure they hunt for..., but then the expansions arrive... Different maps, weapons, layout..., something new and challenging. Your favourite map is Argon Forrest but now you have to play on a big open map, and it kills you. This doesn't make the game or map bad! Battlefield is a game where you have to adapt and be able to play all classes to become a good player, it's not the game or developers fault, it's awesome and challenging maps different from what you're used to. How boring would it be if all maps where made for CQB like COD? The game would die..., and this is what makes Battlefield different from other war/fps games, and thank god for that.
  • Ploodovic
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I quite like this map in Conquest, but I’d imagine it would be awesome in Frontlines.
  • TylymiezWelho
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have a sort of on-off relationship with this map in Conquest.

For the first two games I was sure only snipers and carpet bombers loved this map. Then I found the connecting ditches and craters, smartly placed stationary weapons and some conveniently located indestructible log piles and suddenly I fell in love with this map.

However, this week I also played a game where we had lost the A flag as Russians and the opposing team had a full squad and an armored car there. Tried to get to the flag a few times (before one of us took a horse to C and we could spawn there) and noticed that there is pretty much no cover from home base to A. Even worse, the hills near A are higher than the home flag so crawling in a ditch was not really an option. I cursed that part of the map design every time I died, but otherwise the match was rather enjoyable.

I've also had games where capping the B flag is pure hell because of snipers, at rockets and mortars, but then I usually just die and respawn until the flag turns.
  • Excoriar
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I quite like to play the different maps and experience different things. Unlike this other game that uses Frostbite... damn game has only 1 map!!!
  • DeadAgain210
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2017
    Played this map in operations several times. Sweet baby Jesus, help me. i hate this map. I always feel like saving private ryan opening sceen towards the end of this map.. Open field? Little to no cover. Planes, swooping in taking a bite outta my sandwich. Horrible. Then the last section they are nested down in good cover,then when the attackers get killed they spawn in Egypt back @ the beginning, while the defense player only spawns a couple meters back. Sweet baby jesus. Help me. The behemoth? What genius, said lets put houses next to the behemoth and let 20 assualt guys nest around the houses. But only 4 houses in the middle of the map. Personally i don't think this map is finished. They got dirt to meet the deadline, and said 'galacia. Raise please' oh, they gave us crators to hide in? Well they should've let me unlock an umbrella so i can use it when the pilot passes by. Maybe he won't know that its me hidden under it. Shout out to ricky bobby
    Post edited by DeadAgain210 on
  • ahxe45
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Played this map in operations several times. Sweet baby Jesus, help me. i hate this map. I always feel like saving private ryan opening sceen towards the end of this map.. Open field? Little to no cover. Planes, swooping in taking a bite outta my sandwich. Horrible. Then the last section they are nested down in good cover,then when the attackers get killed they spawn in Egypt back @ the beginning, while the defense player only spawns a couple meters back. Sweet baby jesus. Help me. The behemoth? What genius, said lets put houses next to the behemoth and let 20 assualt guys nest around the houses. But only 4 houses in the middle of the map. Personally i don't think this map is finished. They got dirt to meet the deadline, and said 'galacia. Raise please' oh, they gave us crators to hide in? Well they should've let me unlock an umbrella so i can use it when the pilot passes by. Maybe he won't know that its me hidden under it. Shout out to ricky bobby

You are talking about operations on this map right? If you are I completely agree with what you said about it being extremely in favor of the defenders. I played this operation twice last night as an attacker and was beyond frustrated. I played every class i could and my squad was actually all sticking together and reviving/resupplying like a real squad but we still could not make a dent in that last flag capture. I really don't know what they were thinking for the operation on this map because like you said the defenders spawn almost back on the flags letting them have a constant flow of soldiers and allowing them to hunker down in the houses or behind the hill line. Meanwhile everytime an attacker is killed they spawn all the way back across the other side of the field that has no cover or trenches. No matter how much smoke me and my squad used more than half of us wouldnt make it across that field to cover. Conquest on this map though is a completely different game and I actually like it a lot but the operation seems like it was an afterthought.