Parabellum MG14 LW 2 plane requirement needs to be redone.

A_Rustled_Kaiser
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
After multiple rounds in Operations and Conquest, the requirement to kill 2 planes with LMG's is nearly impossible. After using every LMG including the Perino and Hout, iv only managed to deal 30-60 damage to planes including damage done by destroying parts on the new heavy bomber, yet the pilot either gets killed by a friendly fighter leading to them getting the kill, crashing or bailing out, 2 people iv seen bail on low HP have admitted to doing this to prevent people from getting a kill (Basically your every day troll).

Honestly the requirement should be swapped from 2 planes to deal a total amount of damage to planes, like 2000 or so, if not then really i see no point in even trying to get the low weight version.

Comments

• BaconRebellion
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agreed. Its too much based on luck (which ive been saying since the beginning) but you know you cant so this solo, and have to do this that and the other to acccomplish it. Its easy says many on these boards.

I also think the k bullet and tripwires are also a bit luck based.
  • Syzzix
    3638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its not that hard to do, just use a good LMG like the MG14 instead of a lewis. I didn't have an issue with it. Also pick on the heavy bomber, its slow and has no health.
  • A_Rustled_Kaiser
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Syzzix wrote: »
    Its not that hard to do, just use a good LMG like the MG14 instead of a lewis. I didn't have an issue with it. Also pick on the heavy bomber, its slow and has no health.

With the LMG's, you do nothing to heavy bombers unless you damage a part, which even then they will pull off and repair. And like i said, when i do end up getting people low, they bail out or crash to prevent the kill, which there either the requirement needs to be redone, or add some sort of punishment for repetitive bailing. Fighters and attack planes are easy, if they strafe once i can do about 28-34 damage or 40=48 damage with the MG-15 and extra if they pull off and are still in my range, but you have to kill them while they're in
    the plane, which then either they do the 2 i stated earlier or an allied plane dives in and takes the kill. From what i know so far, the "Assist counted as a kill" doesn't happen when attacking planes, which that actually helped me with the Chauchat telescopic while i was using the Hotchkiss M1909 when you needed to get 15 kills with it in a single round, but after multiple Operations and Conquest games, iv yet to even land a single kill.
  • TG_JAZZY
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 8
    And to think they wanted us to use Madsen trench LMG, I know players say ' its easy just use the aa to deal damage first ' but it needs changing. Support is more useful repairing and giving out ammo and when thats done suppress some enemies already.
    I would rather try and kill the pilot as a scout.
  • realkelach
    245 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the parabellum* and it is definitely worth grinding... think support automatico.

*DICE this gun is average and does not need nerfing honest ;)
  • baroncrovax
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I really thought this was impossible at first. Good pilots would just turn around and annihilate you.

However, I got this done yesterday and here's a few notes:
    1) You must be in monte grappa or maybe sinai. There are lots of AAs and the planes tend to fly over certain areas. Don't do this on the Russian maps. They are terrible for this assignment.

2) Don't use the lewis and huot. Those don't damage the bombers at range and have slow bullet velocity. You want the MG15 or higher. Preferrably a large mag one. Just a note that MG15 does no damage to the Russian bomber at range.

3) Don't be at the frontlines. Stay back in a capped point preferrably where there is cover and access to an AA or fixed MG. You don't want someone to shoot you while you are looking up. You should not be helping your team cap while doing doing this assignment. Likewise don't do the mortar or crossbow assignments simultaneously either. Focus on the planes and not your k/d or score.

4) If the plane is approaching at full health and not being chased by a friendly plane, soften it up with some AA/MG. Try to do at least 50 damage.

5) Be careful about reloads and cooldowns. You don't want to be caught doing that when the plane is clearly smoking.

The rest is just luck but the above should give you the best chances of compeleting it.
  • Saucee_Spartan
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Go for damaged planes. You'll find more success doing that.
  • Rhygarth
    47 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    On Monte grappa this is easy to do, unlock the para suppressive first and you will just shred the planes at D or B.
  • Lykosia
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    After multiple rounds in Operations and Conquest, the requirement to kill 2 planes with LMG's is nearly impossible. After using every LMG including the Perino and Hout, iv only managed to deal 30-60 damage to planes including damage done by destroying parts on the new heavy bomber, yet the pilot either gets killed by a friendly fighter leading to them getting the kill, crashing or bailing out, 2 people iv seen bail on low HP have admitted to doing this to prevent people from getting a kill (Basically your every day troll).

Honestly the requirement should be swapped from 2 planes to deal a total amount of damage to planes, like 2000 or so, if not then really i see no point in even trying to get the low weight version.

You can still destroy empty plane after the pilot bails. It still counts.
  • Danz_RS
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nah, took me 1 and half hour to complete, and it was damn worth it.

The parabellum is just genius, it is the epitome of WW1 guns. It is fabulous, maybe a cheese gun, but so fun to use.
  • thekiller199365
    2936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 7
    I did it in one game on Empire's Edge with MG15 suppressive. Taking down bombers is way easier.
  • Motafied
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did it in one round. Use the MG15 suppresive. Ez
  • MachoFantast1c0
    389 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would not call it easy, but it wasn't that hard either. Perino worked well, as well as Albion, since you have plenty of cover from snipers. Soloed a heavy bomber and an attack plane, oh man it was very satisfying.
    I think I've only died once from the Parabellum, so its not like there's an abundance of those around just yet.
  • MurfCr
    626 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I knocked down the new heavy bomber on one of the Russian maps with the MG15 LW fast. The second one is proving to be a little harder, I have been getting my destroys taken from pilots or the dudes crashing to avoid giving it up. I did get the two other LMGs unlocked and the suppressive Para. Might try unlocking others for a bit.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did it on day one with the Lewis LW.
  • V2Face
    1803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 7
    Was the easiest challenge that I've done destroyed both planes in one round on monte grappa ops. You just need a case of git gud and the MG15 suppressive and you are done.