Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Film grain on console Russian Dlc maps

TheXBOXFan
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Has anyone playing on the Russian DLC maps for the XBOX 1 noticed a film grain on the screen when playing on the new maps,I noticed this in the CTE and I can't see why it was not fixed before they released the maps to the full public.

If you do not know what I'm talking about a film grain looks like a layer of static over the screen. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Comments

• UNKNOWN5NIP3R
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's the same on PC too. It's like old war footage, doesn't help gameplay at all.
  • Zooboid
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Chromatic aberration. Dice forced it. Now they are looking into an option to turn it off. Can't wait, it really messed up several maps for me. Mainly ITNOTT ones. So grainy and fuzzy I can't see beggar all.
  • r_christman1286
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think this is part of the update adding HDR10 compatibility.
  • iano1978
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zooboid wrote: »
    Chromatic aberration.

^This.
    What were they thinking, after 30 - 40 mins it starts to hurt the eyes!
  • Jayremie570
    756 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I notice a difference also. Looks like a weird pixel overlay to me.
  • DuBzNY
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I thought I was the only one who noticed. It makes it difficult to play.
  • r_christman1286
    Devs: any plans to address?
  • crabman169
    9652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They can also fix the blurry sights and skins of the ITNOTT weapons
  • r_christman1286
    Bumping for devs
  • creepNpeep
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 11
    Actually yes. I noticed this straight away.
    It's most noticable against the snow.
    If you slowly pan across snow, you'll see a film or layer.

Another thing I noticed since the HDR update is that the screen dims very slightly when you move.

Good example is Neville Nights.
    Join an empty server and look at the ground. Somewhere that has a lot of moon light reflecting off it.

Stand still and look at the ground.
    Then pan very slowly.
    You'll notice dimming as you pan.
    When you stop panning, the screen brightens.
  • TheXBOXFan
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This dlc is off to a poor start
  • MonkBottle
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No wa
    bleachee wrote: »
    The Tsar maps are definitely visually inferior to vanilla and TSNP. Blurry and low resolution. I hope something can be done.

No way. I won't hear that. Perhaps Galicia is a bit low-res but that will surely be fixed once we're playing on the One X, come November.
    The snowy graveyard on Volga river is genuinly sublime and all the Russian maps have the best graphical representation of snow I've ever seen.

Overall I'm still impressed by how high the resolution is on Xbox one for any map on this game; considering the demoralising 720p I put up with on B4. I was always going to buy B1 but I presumed the resolution would let the game down again. Thankfully it didn't.

• HardAimedKid
    9865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was just saying last night that the textures feel off. Was actually hurting my eyes a bit. I love the maps though
  • bleachee
    628 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MonkBottle wrote: »
    No wa
    bleachee wrote: »
    The Tsar maps are definitely visually inferior to vanilla and TSNP. Blurry and low resolution. I hope something can be done.

No way. I won't hear that. Perhaps Galicia is a bit low-res but that will surely be fixed once we're playing on the One X, come November.
    The snowy graveyard on Volga river is genuinly sublime and all the Russian maps have the best graphical representation of snow I've ever seen.

Overall I'm still impressed by how high the resolution is on Xbox one for any map on this game; considering the demoralising 720p I put up with on B4. I was always going to buy B1 but I presumed the resolution would let the game down again. Thankfully it didn't.

Brusilov is the worst. The buildings, rocks and trees just look off and blurry at mid range and longer. Albion and Volga are ok. The rest have issues. I like these maps, except for Tsaritsyn (3 flags are bad, umkay). But visually they do not look as good as base and TSNP.
  • Bossman1794
    870 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Has anyone been having performance issues as well since the DLC? I've been having fairly serious framerate issues since it went live, especially in hightraffic areas where lots of explosions are happening. I swear it drops to like 15fps or something like that when it gets really heavy.

Can't say I'm too happy with that as the rest of the DLC is actually pretty good IMO.