This Week in Battlefield V

volga river

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
absolute single worst map , played 3 times ,will not ever play this map again.

Comments

• huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    sure if you enjoy getting spawn sniped, albion is another map i won't play again.
  • Claymore512
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I think it is the best map in the expansion.

• JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    sure if you enjoy getting spawn sniped, albion is another map i won't play again.

It's not the map. It's the matchmaking.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Volga River, Brusilov Keep and Albion are fantastic maps imo.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Djoenz wrote: »

I think they're all fantastic maps, though Tsaritsyn has a balance issue. I think they should slightly expand the boundaries of the map and add in a 4th flag. That will help counter taking and holding B that usually wins that round. All the maps offer a diversity in game style and environments. I think Dice nailed it on the head with this DLC pack.
  • Djoenz
    726 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I think they're all fantastic maps, though Tsaritsyn has a balance issue. I think they should slightly expand the boundaries of the map and add in a 4th flag. That will help counter taking and holding B that usually wins that round. All the maps offer a diversity in game style and environments. I think Dice nailed it on the head with this DLC pack.

Yeah I totally agree. I like Tsaritsyn, but the balancing issues are insane. That map is not in equilibrium and inside the cathedral it's a campfest. Galicia is dreadful imo too open and vast. Lupkow Pass I do like, but the behemoth does not have a solid impact at all. Hard to traverse with horse. New guns are absolutely lovely. I do love the dlc.
  • DukeSan27
    1163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Played plenty of games, no way anyone is getting spawn camped on this map, too wide.
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Still better than Fort de Vaux.
  • richiebroad
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutely brilliant map in my opinion.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hated Volga at first, I honestly like all of the maps now
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tsaritsyn is fine. If the team has B you simply go around and go to the objective closer to the enemy base. I have lost a few games here where our team was obsessed with B and would not fall back and reclaim the objective closer to home base. What I have found is that some of these maps are just an absolute nightmare to play in if your team is out matched. More so than any map so far in BF1.
  • Noodlesocks
    2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    I like almost all of the maps. Galicia being my favourite so far.

Tsaritsyn is just flat bad though. I suspect it will get the Suez treatment soon enough.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are 6 maps? I thought it was 4...
  • bran1986
    5690 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    There are 6 maps? I thought it was 4...

Volga river
    Tsaryitsan
    Albion
    Galicia
    Brusilov Keep
    Lupkow Pass
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I always like snowy maps
  • Claypole1
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't know what Volga River is like, it keeps getting voted out...
  • zwolseballetjes
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice cant make all players happy with the maps they design. Some players like the new DLC very much but for me its a big disater so i seldom play this DLC i think
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    When someone starts a thread like this, can you at least go into some detail of why, and what type of maps you like. Otherwise you sound like you had a bad go on said map, and just come here to cry about it.

I love all the maps, they may not be balanced, but the action and atmosphere is second to none.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yea I really like all the maps as well, and like the change of play style in order to play them. They could tweak Tsaritsyn some, like slow down the rate that a team gains tickets when they're holding all 3 flags. I think because the flags are so far apart it is hard to recover once your team is spawn trapped.