slowly getting to really love the perino.

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
during the CTE , i didn't really take much of a liking to the perino LW , i didn't hate it by any means ,i just felt it was a bit of a situational gun. but there more i use the more it's growing on me , the accuracy makes it a near perfect counter sniper , and the high overheat threshold(65 rounds)make it great for taking down planes/suppression.however it could use a damage buff.

Comments

• Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried it briefly, do feel a little slow for my liking. Enlight me what it does better than say BM or mg15, I haven't a clue as I haven't seen any stats
  • TheFropp
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The accuracy is its main advantage, excellent for mid range where the low damage and RPM are not such a problem
  • huricanechuck
    Just tried it briefly, do feel a little slow for my liking. Enlight me what it does better than say BM or mg15, I haven't a clue as I haven't seen any stats

obviously the MG15 has a fire rate advantage , but the perino is deadly accurate and has far less recoil , at close range the MG15 will often win . it's pretty much on par with the BM , but has 120 round mag (well,actually a strip fed hopper) doesn't overheat until 65 rounds of constant fire. it's not an all around gun , but very good within its role.
  • huricanechuck
    if they implement the damage buff to LMGs that are currently being tested in the CTE ,this gun will be a montser. as will all LMGs.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of recoil and amount of bullets you can fire non-stop is actually quite nice. I long ago found that the iron sites variant LMGs (Lewis Low Weight, Benoit-Mercie Storm, Madsen Storm) work quite well for me despite their low damage (well, Madsen has decent damage) due to their accuracy so this fits with my play style quite well when running support. I actually like it better than the Parebellum as I hate having to go prone or brace a gun in a window to shoot without having crazy recoil.
  • AaronTheZombie
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought the Mg14 would be my favorite gun in this dlc but it is the Perino for sure. It is amazing for mid-long range (75m-150m) and I've found it is actually decent at hip firing at close range too. And the reload animations for it are just so satisfying to me for some reason.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was the first gun I unlocked and I have a lot of fun with it. It is crazy stable with a lot of rounds at your disposal. Once on Tsaritsyn I even counter-sniped a guy with it who was shooting at us into the cathedral. The weapon has a heavy feel to it. Find somewhere to set up shop and hold the trigger.
  • huricanechuck
    I thought the Mg14 would be my favorite gun in this dlc but it is the Perino for sure. It is amazing for mid-long range (75m-150m) and I've found it is actually decent at hip firing at close range too. And the reload animations for it are just so satisfying to me for some reason.
    thank you , i forgot to mention this gun has pretty decent hipfire.
  • ChaiFox
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love the fact that it has a load of rounds but its low rof & INCREDIBLY low damage are my only issue, if either of those(but not both) are fixed it would be perfect.
    And imo the defensive variant is pretty useless since all you get is a sight but you lose the accuracy recovery
  • huricanechuck
    ChaiFox wrote: »
    I love the fact that it has a load of rounds but its low rof & INCREDIBLY low damage are my only issue, if either of those(but not both) are fixed it would be perfect.
    And imo the defensive variant is pretty useless since all you get is a sight but you lose the accuracy recovery

agreed , if it gets the damge buff that's in the CTE , this gun has incredible potential.