Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Be Careful What You Wish for Premium Haters

lethaalhawk
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
With these latest ridiculous sets of weapon and specialization assignments, I think we can see what DICE/EA have in stock for the next BF game which is all but confirmed to have no premium (based off of the SWBF news).

DLC's will give maps for free in the next installments, but will have ridiculous assignments for post-launch content which can be justified to not split the community (i.e weapons and perks). If players don't want to kill with syringes or take out tanks with a Crossbow Launcher, they will need to pay for guns a la carte as a microtransaction.

I can see it in DICE's WWII game next when the Italians and French are DLC. Want the Carcano or MAS 38 SMG? Try getting 5 headshots in one mag as a sniper or kill 10 infantry with AT Rockets in one round.

And to think, you guys couldn't stop complaining about a 50 dollar pass which lets you get more than double the launch content... is 110 bucks for a game that you have already put 100+ hours into a ripoff? A lot more expensive hobbies than that.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So exactly the same as it is now but free?
  • guinness54321
    60 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Even better, things will be locked behind rng.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As well as cosmetic itema will now cost, in Bf3 and BF4 we got Camos, for free no there going to charge real money, video games are basically now mobile games, spend money to get the good stuff, or suck **** with your basically weapons..
    Bf1 is a good game tho
  • LOLGotYerTags
    5561 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Moderator
    @HawkeyeAM47
    Do not swear.

• smokethadro
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fine with me. I'll take free dlc and unlock weapons by doing challenges. And camos....i scrap mine anyway :)
  • trip1ex
    1071 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 11
    I'll be fine with it. UNless it is a night and day difference on what I get for my money.

They got too many maps as it is.How many DLC maps already seem lost in the shuffle already? WE have to choose vanilla or French DLC server or Tsar server still don't we? ...unless you find the few rented servers out there at least on pc. The player experience would be better if they didn't have this segregated by DLC server mess.

There's just only so many cool new things you can do on a map to make it different enough to be more than a novelty.

This game already has 22 maps. That's a lot. They still going to another 10 or so aren't they?

• BigF33t_13
    5269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Of course they will add p2w rng.

Potty mouth
  • bleachee
    628 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nothing is free. EA is not going to just give content away. I worry for the future of the franchise.
  • RicMagnum
    57 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I feel like in the future installments, maps will be free but new weapons and vehicles will probably require an additional purchase. Just me speculating, though.
  • rock1obsta
    3025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    With these latest ridiculous sets of weapon and specialization assignments, I think we can see what DICE/EA have in stock for the next BF game which is all but confirmed to have no premium (based off of the SWBF news).

DLC's will give maps for free in the next installments, but will have ridiculous assignments for post-launch content which can be justified to not split the community (i.e weapons and perks). If players don't want to kill with syringes or take out tanks with a Crossbow Launcher, they will need to pay for guns a la carte as a microtransaction.

I can see it in DICE's WWII game next when the Italians and French are DLC. Want the Carcano or MAS 38 SMG? Try getting 5 headshots in one mag as a sniper or kill 10 infantry with AT Rockets in one round.

And to think, you guys couldn't stop complaining about a 50 dollar pass which lets you get more than double the launch content... is 110 bucks for a game that you have already put 100+ hours into a ripoff? A lot more expensive hobbies than that.

If it goes freemium, the maps are gonna suck. Just like every other free dlc model.
    I hope it stays exactly the same. I'm not willing to sacrifice quality just because people wanna be penny pinching misers.