Really strong pull on all weapons when zooming in even with aim assist rotation off?

IIRogueMachineII
1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Ever since ITNOTT dropped I've experienced very strong drag and insta pull on most weapons whilst ADSing. I've switched off rotation months ago is this really down to just slowdown? If so i might have to turn that off.

Comments

• Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion, the naming is confusing. Auto rotation is the snap-to-body, when you press to aim down sight. Slowdown is the "stickiness" that will keep your sight on target, while you ADS, even if they move.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But I've never noticed slowdown having such a drag pull as it is for me now. Even if an enemy player runs behind cover the gun follows them. That didn't happen before at least not so drastic and not when I'm not actually moving the crosshairs so why now?
  • MrWenting040
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you ADS after sprinting you get a accuracy penalty for a moment. Removing your bayonet will reduce this a bit.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    But it happens when I'm standing still? No idea why.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I was trying to unlock the weapon that requires 20 kills with the Repetierpistole, and struggled with it. After two or three days of halfhearted trying, I had only 13 kills. I haven't played with any of the aim assists for quite some time, but it occurred to me, that I could use the extra help of the slowdown, while I was going for the pistol kills.

After I turned slowdown on, I got the remaining 7 kills in the first ten minutes of a round of supply drop. Wow, that's a powerful mechanic! Too powerful for my liking, but I'm not going to get on some high horse here; use whatever you like. When I got my weapon, I turned slowdown back off.

Yesterday, I was playing Frontlines on Monte Grappa, when I suddenly felt the pull of the slowdown. "Didn't I turn that back off, days ago?", I thought. Went to settings, and sure enough, both aim assists were off. It was only that one time, but my weapon definitely tracked that enemy, without my input.
  • Ecaidian
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I personally feel the Auto-Rotation should 100% be removed from the game, and the Slow Down needs to be tweaked a bit (it shouldn't override the player's input, nor should it track through smoke/fog/walls...but it does). I've personally had Auto-Rotation off for quite a while and spent time playing with just the Slow Down. For ITNOTT I turned the Slow Down off as well and have been doing alright...you do feel the absence of it, especially in a 1v1 with someone running both Auto and Slow, but against a group of players you are more likely to get a kill or two instead of peppering 4-5 players due to the Slow Down changing your aim between targets.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    It's gotten better yesterday. The pull and movement was back to normal. Tried slowdown off on BF4 a few weeks ago, it feels different. I personally don't think there should any aim assist on console. As A) It's not like we're competing against PC players on line. B) would stop all the auto aiming that occurs. This is coming from someone who's pretty terrible at aiming and has never intentionally used and abused auto rotation.
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Ecaidian wrote: »
    I personally feel the Auto-Rotation should 100% be removed from the game, and the Slow Down needs to be tweaked a bit (it shouldn't override the player's input, nor should it track through smoke/fog/walls...but it does). I've personally had Auto-Rotation off for quite a while and spent time playing with just the Slow Down. For ITNOTT I turned the Slow Down off as well and have been doing alright...you do feel the absence of it, especially in a 1v1 with someone running both Auto and Slow, but against a group of players you are more likely to get a kill or two instead of peppering 4-5 players due to the Slow Down changing your aim between targets.

100 % agree. No one should to get to aim at me, or vice versa if they werent going too
  • Meloku
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've had this happen as OP describes before the Russian DLC released. I play with Auto Rotation off, Slowdown on.

It comes and goes and as of recent I haven't noticed it. However sometimes I will notice my crosshair get dragged by an enemy even if I haven't input any movements.
  • Ecaidian
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Meloku wrote: »
    I've had this happen as OP describes before the Russian DLC released. I play with Auto Rotation off, Slowdown on.

It comes and goes and as of recent I haven't noticed it. However sometimes I will notice my crosshair get dragged by an enemy even if I haven't input any movements.

The Slow Down is what has that magnetic pull towards targets and lightly follows them (even if they are obscured or take cover). Auto Rotation is what snaps your point of aim to the target's chest if you were looking in their direction and went to ADS. Slow Down is very strong for SMG/LMG for any other full-auto weapon. Auto-Rotation is cheese mode for bolt-action rifles...will let you start to engage ADS, pull the trigger, and stop ADS without ever really aiming...and pick up a ton of kills via the sweet spot mechanic. As I stated before, I feel Auto-Rotation needs to go, and Slow Down needs some tweaking.

There are times even with BOTH of these features disengaged, the game will still attempt to track a target (as if it forgot you opted to turn Slow Down off). It's rare, but it does occur.