Weekly BF

The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

  • trm6
    278 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wish we could limit "sniper cap" threads because we really don't need this nonsense clogging up forums every week.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheXBOXFan wrote: »
    I wish they would remove the sweet spot mechanic. How does a bullet do 80 damage to the chest at 10 meters but then will do 100 at 75 meters? I would result in rushing snipers but I would rather be rushed by a sniper than sniped by him across the map 15 time in 1 game.

    I doing so they'd have to balance all the other weapons, might I suggest jamming every other time you shoot, to reflect how unstable and hard to manage those platforms were in their infancy.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Snipers are the poster child for lazy campers who don't ptfo. But really you can mix medics in with them along with Support and tankers... And just call them all campers. The people that camp the flags, don't advance and let the enemy respawn.

    Assault the only class that is pretty much forced to advance to be effective. And advancing to flags (especially when you are behind) is what is generally lacking on teams.

    Lol no, most cornersitters I come across are camping Assault, the same lowlives who spend all day hiding near spawn, not to cap but to mine the tank spawn repeatedly, those are worse than any sniper out there.

    The only thing bad about Scouts is most don't use the spot flare to support the team even. Them being good or bad at capping or killing is second to that.

    Yeah you're talking about that 1 Assault guy that you encoutner every 10 or 20 rounds that mines the tank spawn. And at least he's moving all the way across the map to get there.

    I'm talking about the 20+ campers on my team every round that are Sniper or medic or Support or sitting in a tank.

    Well mister, you won!
    You are wxtremely well at exaggarating!

    Play scout the way i play it and let me know what you find easiest?
    The spray and pray or the 1 bullet every 1.2 secs....

    I play both guy. Sniper is easy.

    You can't fool anyone that has played the game for a year. We all can see how the game is designed. Sniper is good long distance. Assault good up close. Support and Medic are good at medium range.

    Play your class outside its optimal range and things get more difficult unless you fighting an enemy in the same class as you.



    Your stats reveal you kinda struggle as scout class...compared to the other classes.

    Nope.

    You just like every other guy on the internets that proclaims the class/weapon he uses as difficult and the other classes and guns that kill him as easy.

    Sniper just as easy in its range as assault in its. And as was said, you can get more kills with Assault but you diemore while it's easier to get a higher kdr with sniper because you can just sit back and camp and be under cover from most of the map most of the time.

    And as sniper I get a ton of "best" for the number of handgun kills. Meaning I'm not just camping long range to boost my kdr.

    Maybe i should have told you i play the scout class in the assault's range since thats where the flags are... in the middle of the crowd.

    Sure you do. And then you whine that assaults kill you. And say sniper is hard. But never say sniper is easy when you peg off guys from 200m away that can't shoot back. Because that's your skillz talking lolol. That's what every joe schmoe says.

    You might want to compare both our captured flags to see who is most of the times on the objective and who is most of the time 200 meters away from it...

    Flag Scouts. We do exist... My hand holds flares more than anything. And I get kills. With the M.95. Assaults too. At any range. Anytime. And I dont cry as assaults do asking for caps everywhere... forums this days...
  • Kanhe
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The problem is that this game is teaching new players that picked up recon/sniper kit all the wrong habits and playstyles... Just look at assignments... Do 15 headshots with this weapon, then do even more headshots with another weapon, kill people with trip wire, kill 15 people form behind sniper shield...

    And then new player picks that up and thinks: "Hey, I guess that's the way I'm supposed to play this class" - because he doesn't know any better and goes 3-20 with lowest score on the team.

    Why isn't there more assignments focusing on spotting, flare spotting, flag capturing, anything really, apart from... get xx headshots...

    Medics running with noobtubes trying to complete their assignments, support trying to down planes, assault running around with dynamites... Everybody doing those god damn challenges are playing like some trolls for the lulz. And I blame DICE.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kanhe wrote: »
    The problem is that this game is teaching new players that picked up recon/sniper kit all the wrong habits and playstyles... Just look at assignments... Do 15 headshots with this weapon, then do even more headshots with another weapon, kill people with trip wire, kill 15 people form behind sniper shield...

    And then new player picks that up and thinks: "Hey, I guess that's the way I'm supposed to play this class" - because he doesn't know any better and goes 3-20 with lowest score on the team.

    Why isn't there more assignments focusing on spotting, flare spotting, flag capturing, anything really, apart from... get xx headshots...

    Medics running with noobtubes trying to complete their assignments, support trying to down planes, assault running around with dynamites... Everybody doing those god damn challenges are playing like some trolls for the lulz. And I blame DICE.

    And.... you are right.
  • CostanzaStan
    220 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    people play sniper because they see it as a high skill/ninja class. it's fun, people are gonna play it. I get annoyed when 2/3 of the team is recon because I know that means a loss is imminent but capping it would be lame.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Snipers are the poster child for lazy campers who don't ptfo. But really you can mix medics in with them along with Support and tankers... And just call them all campers. The people that camp the flags, don't advance and let the enemy respawn.

    Assault the only class that is pretty much forced to advance to be effective. And advancing to flags (especially when you are behind) is what is generally lacking on teams.

    Lol no, most cornersitters I come across are camping Assault, the same lowlives who spend all day hiding near spawn, not to cap but to mine the tank spawn repeatedly, those are worse than any sniper out there.

    The only thing bad about Scouts is most don't use the spot flare to support the team even. Them being good or bad at capping or killing is second to that.

    Yeah you're talking about that 1 Assault guy that you encoutner every 10 or 20 rounds that mines the tank spawn. And at least he's moving all the way across the map to get there.

    I'm talking about the 20+ campers on my team every round that are Sniper or medic or Support or sitting in a tank.

    Well mister, you won!
    You are wxtremely well at exaggarating!

    Play scout the way i play it and let me know what you find easiest?
    The spray and pray or the 1 bullet every 1.2 secs....

    I play both guy. Sniper is easy.

    You can't fool anyone that has played the game for a year. We all can see how the game is designed. Sniper is good long distance. Assault good up close. Support and Medic are good at medium range.

    Play your class outside its optimal range and things get more difficult unless you fighting an enemy in the same class as you.



    Your stats reveal you kinda struggle as scout class...compared to the other classes.

    Nope.

    You just like every other guy on the internets that proclaims the class/weapon he uses as difficult and the other classes and guns that kill him as easy.

    Sniper just as easy in its range as assault in its. And as was said, you can get more kills with Assault but you diemore while it's easier to get a higher kdr with sniper because you can just sit back and camp and be under cover from most of the map most of the time.

    And as sniper I get a ton of "best" for the number of handgun kills. Meaning I'm not just camping long range to boost my kdr.

    Maybe i should have told you i play the scout class in the assault's range since thats where the flags are... in the middle of the crowd.

    Sure you do. And then you whine that assaults kill you. And say sniper is hard. But never say sniper is easy when you peg off guys from 200m away that can't shoot back. Because that's your skillz talking lolol. That's what every joe schmoe says.

    You might want to compare both our captured flags to see who is most of the times on the objective and who is most of the time 200 meters away from it...

    I'm sure you run from flag to flag like a chicken with its head cut off. Losing a flag for every one you gain.


  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh and don't forget some of us want sniper limits for different reasons. I don't want 15 on my team. I don't care how many the enemy has.

    The more snipers the enemy has the better as far I'm concerned.

    But those who say sniping is hard or other classes are so much easier I will beg to differ.

  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Oh and don't forget some of us want sniper limits for different reasons. I don't want 15 on my team. I don't care how many the enemy has.

    The more snipers the enemy has the better as far I'm concerned.

    But those who say sniping is hard or other classes are so much easier I will beg to differ.

    Every class has its Up and Downs. I particularlly love the Scout class in BF1. Is the only class I play, almost. I have identified its strong points and I am capable of positioning myself in perfect enemy blocking spots changing the flow of the Flag... and I enjoy it. Making artificial caps wont change the way people plays it would only let less slots for those who want to help the team. Some core mechanics should be revisited to have some significant play style change.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    TEams don't need the kind of help a sniper provides because they already have too many snipers. That's the point of having a cap.

    If we had commanders again and the commander could choose how many snipers they wanted for their team then they wouldn't choose to have 16 snipers. AT least any reasonable commander wouldn't.

    That's why there should be a limit.

    Someone had a decent idea of giving less and less points to snipers the more and more snipers on a team above a certain ideal range. And vice versa too. More points to snipers the farther their number drops below the ideal range. The idea being to use points to motivate players to not play sniper when there are too many on the team and motivate them to try sniper when there are too few.

    Another riff on sniper limits is to only limit them when your team is behind and needs flags. The idea being you need to push into flag zones and take flags and sniper is arguably the least effective class at that. Assault the most effective.
  • trip1ex
    4877 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    And sniper to me is really just the poster child for too many campers. They are the face of it. Like Bid Laden was the face of All-Kayda. They get the blame but it's not just them, it's the Support guys and the medics and tanks too.

    IT's not good to rush in blindly, but that doesn't mean the opposite (camping) is good either.
  • Loqtrall
    12024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    trip1ex wrote: »

    Someone had a decent idea of giving less and less points to snipers the more and more snipers on a team above a certain ideal range. And vice versa too. More points to snipers the farther their number drops below the ideal range. The idea being to use points to motivate players to not play sniper when there are too many on the team and motivate them to try sniper when there are too few.

    You mean like how they removed the marksman bonus in BF4 and prevented snipers from scoring even as much as mediocre PTFO players - which also did nothing to stop snipers from playing how they want?
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »

    Someone had a decent idea of giving less and less points to snipers the more and more snipers on a team above a certain ideal range. And vice versa too. More points to snipers the farther their number drops below the ideal range. The idea being to use points to motivate players to not play sniper when there are too many on the team and motivate them to try sniper when there are too few.

    You mean like how they removed the marksman bonus in BF4 and prevented snipers from scoring even as much as mediocre PTFO players - which also did nothing to stop snipers from playing how they want?

    Preciselly. It is not easy to play as a Scout in Conquest, end with good numbers and up in the scoreboard. Say what you want.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    any new arguments or the same ones as before?
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    any new arguments or the same ones as before?

    Everything has already been said mutiple times.
  • Loqtrall
    12024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    any new arguments or the same ones as before?

    Everything has already been said mutiple times.

    Not only that, but essentially the same things have been said about the topic for nearly 5-6 years in this (and BL, but they're basically the same) community.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was hoping some revolutionary balance idea came out of it.

    what about hybrid kits? maybe its more than just the scoped rifle keeping scouts off objectives.

    or give scouts a perk that let's them pick up a primary off a dead body. let them have two primary weapons or just swap out the main in play.

    or a 5th class that is like ww1 special forces that can pic and choose thier loadout from the other four classes' available there gear. there were elite groups , can't remember what they were called at the moment

    do these ideas sound better than a cap? instead of limiting, I've tried to come up with an idea that expands a scouts options.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    full951 wrote: »
    I was hoping some revolutionary balance idea came out of it.

    what about hybrid kits? maybe its more than just the scoped rifle keeping scouts off objectives.

    or give scouts a perk that let's them pick up a primary off a dead body. let them have two primary weapons or just swap out the main in play.

    or a 5th class that is like ww1 special forces that can pic and choose thier loadout from the other four classes' available there gear. there were elite groups , can't remember what they were called at the moment

    do these ideas sound better than a cap? instead of limiting, I've tried to come up with an idea that expands a scouts options.

    The Scout class just needs movility gadgets. Only the flares (and you can only take one type at a time) and K bullets encourage moving around.
    But as allways. As if only Scouts were the camping guys...
    Post edited by XXxx_ABH_xxXX on
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know. there's a camping support in this clip too.



  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I know. there's a camping support in this clip too.



    It is imposible not to camp sometimes. Here I am in shame... wait...
Sign In or Register to comment.