The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

Been there before, man. I cut my online teeth on MW3. Going to Battlefield was quite the jump in difficulty. I don't regret it for a second.

Oh yeah I completely forgot I played some CoD on both PC and console somewhere before Bf3 IIRC, was a total quickscoper, huhu.
  • DingoKillr
    3421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Soon after the new balance pass hits the full game (has to be next month), we're only going to see a lot of snipers back off, and the campers will start to camp even harder. It seems DICE is essentially trying to erase Scout from objective zones aside from those who have way too much time to put into a game in order to practice one of the most abysmally un-fun playstyles to be just starting out at.

Don't count on it being next month. Pistol and a few other things need to be adjusted first.
    You have things like will planes keep the new bullet damage or not? Cavalry(horse and man) to get a new damage modifier.
  • SJGLimpalot
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A class limiting system works very well in other games. Dice should give it a shot for the next BF game but I'm sure they won't.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A class limiting system works very well in other games. Dice should give it a shot for the next BF game but I'm sure they won't.

Other games are different...
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2017

Yesterday I had 16 Assaults on my team, out of 32 players. That's half of the team.
    Should we limit that too?

You all here saying "Scout is overused, limiting it will make the other classes more relevant".
    Well, if I have matches with 16 Assaults and 2 Supports, shouldn't we limit Assault, so Support is more relevant?
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017

Yesterday I had 16 Assaults on my team, out of 32 players. That's half of the team.
    Should we limit that too?

You all here saying "Scout is overused, limiting it will make the other classes more relevant".
    Well, if I have matches with 16 Assaults and 2 Supports, shouldn't we limit Assault, so Support is more relevant?

No limit to anything, but a buff to some players wouldn't go a miss ;)
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Of course. I'm not in favour of any limitations, actually. It's just a counter argument to make them look from another perspective. But they won't.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Of course. I'm not in favour of any limitations, actually. It's just a counter argument to make them look from another perspective. But they won't.

Yes but, yes but, scouts everywhere, how will we cope ;)
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't stand scouts, hellriegel for life
  • full951
    2364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have suggested, just suggested. that a 33% cap on all classes be tested out in cte. and this would be 33% of the total number of players on any given team at the moment. so if a 64 player server only has half the people the percentage is maintained. not sqaud based because then single person locked sqauds will increase.

the desired effect of this suggestion is to keep the flow of the game moving forward. and to help bring more of your team on objective with shorter ranged weapons. and to bring more class diversity to a round . if it's all assaults and scouts with just few medics/supports, the team play mechanics suffer.

if adopted I suggest this be a standard setting on all dice servers. on rented servers the cap may be disabled or tweeked to the renters delight. hopefully this will have a side effect of making rented servers more popular if so many people really don't like the cap. but I doubt it.

based on cte testers responses we can experience if it's a crap idea, or perfect or if tweeking to the % cap is needed.

the % cap mechanic is already in the game to limited extent. for example on calvary, all vehicles and sorta the elite classes.

I understand the idea is already not popular because of course no one likes to limited or forced to play a specific way (as we see with the weapon unlock assignments) but that's why we have cte to try this stuff out.

and because this is the Internet , I am contractually required to state I personally do not think scout class is OP. and I play hc almost exclusively. I just want to see more cooperation out there if not more consistent objective based gameplay .

here is some reference material
    not an uncommon sight:

• Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just played a round of Fao, around 30 snipers. Kind of fantastic considering there are vehicles in it to, and a behemoth. We won, got like 50000 points in medic score, was bored as, well, a ban word and they ban me for anyting so I just leave it at that.
  • GRIZZ11283
    You just can't cap any class, its essentially forcing players to play a way they dont want.

Now think about the downside to your suggestion.

People will enter a server, the class they want isn't available, left for another server.
    The servers will struggle to fill up imo.

It is what it is, its not even an issue so why are people trying to find a solution for something that's not broken?
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it is broken if half the teams snipe....and why do they snipe, because it is the easy way and it is now so much easier than in earlier games, and people like to play Enemies at the gates..

It would be super neat to see stats for the classes on each of the maps, now it is just well "assault is most played". It is most played because it is the primary anti-vehicle class, in a game filled with vehicles, and the moment a map turns into a cramped one, few snipers, open mapo, HUGE numbers. But frankly, on PC I feel that lately there are usually a lot of supports to so it would be neat to now exactly how the classes are distributed over different "versions" of the game, console/PC.
  • Danebrain
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As a server option i think its cool for private servers, but i dont really miss it. But yes sometimes can the amount of snipers or good snipers annoying if you're in a badspot. But then its time to do something about the snipers. Bring mortar, shoot them from the roofs, rocket guns, smoke, take a plane, take a lmg with scope, and supress them as hell.
  • GRIZZ11283
    it is broken if half the teams snipe....and why do they snipe, because it is the easy way and it is now so much easier than in earlier games, and people like to play Enemies at the gates..

It would be super neat to see stats for the classes on each of the maps, now it is just well "assault is most played". It is most played because it is the primary anti-vehicle class, in a game filled with vehicles, and the moment a map turns into a cramped one, few snipers, open mapo, HUGE numbers. But frankly, on PC I feel that lately there are usually a lot of supports to so it would be neat to now exactly how the classes are distributed over different "versions" of the game, console/PC.

How is it broken? Because you said it is?
    I'm pretty sure people are playing the class they want, to me the games playing how it should, that's not broken.

Just because you dont like a playstyle, that doesn't make it broken.
    If people want to run scout, so what.

People need to get over themselves.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I have suggested, just suggested. that a 33% cap on all classes be tested out in cte. and this would be 33% of the total number of players on any given team at the moment. so if a 64 player server only has half the people the percentage is maintained. not sqaud based because then single person locked sqauds will increase.

the desired effect of this suggestion is to keep the flow of the game moving forward. and to help bring more of your team on objective with shorter ranged weapons. and to bring more class diversity to a round . if it's all assaults and scouts with just few medics/supports, the team play mechanics suffer.

if adopted I suggest this be a standard setting on all dice servers. on rented servers the cap may be disabled or tweeked to the renters delight. hopefully this will have a side effect of making rented servers more popular if so many people really don't like the cap. but I doubt it.

based on cte testers responses we can experience if it's a crap idea, or perfect or if tweeking to the % cap is needed.

the % cap mechanic is already in the game to limited extent. for example on calvary, all vehicles and sorta the elite classes.

I understand the idea is already not popular because of course no one likes to limited or forced to play a specific way (as we see with the weapon unlock assignments) but that's why we have cte to try this stuff out.

and because this is the Internet , I am contractually required to state I personally do not think scout class is OP. and I play hc almost exclusively. I just want to see more cooperation out there if not more consistent objective based gameplay .

I agree with idea of 33% class limit per side of conflict. Before Battlefield I played Rising Storm 2. This game has hard cap on any class that's not the most basic guy with M16 /AK47 + 2 grenades. And you can believe me that DOES NOT destroy the game.

x240-Ed4.jpg

This is how it loooks there. You have TWO snipers in 32 people team. And TWO machine gunners. And people are not complaining about limits, they are only complaining about difficulty of claiming certain roles when limit is so... brutal. 33% is actually VERY flexible and liberal one, I don't know how can anyone be so childlish crybaby to whine about it.

People whine because somewhere in the future they may want to be 13th sniper in the team because they want to farm n000bz with sniper rifle so badly that they will just not accept being unable to do this, and they will leave server with tears dropping from their cheeks and go straight to the forums to create new thread named "DICE YOU COMPLETELY RUINED GAME WITH CLASS LIMITS, IT'S UNPLAYABLE NOW". These whining people are the sole reason for these limits to be instituted. They will camp with sniper rifle in ANY game EVER, because they are not willing to do ANYTHING else. And they don't care that they destroy the game for other players when there are just too many players doing the same thing, it's THEM who count, and god damn don't DARE to take their holy right to farm n000bz with sniper rifle when there are 15 other snipers in the team because... they... they will leave the game! Yeah, BOTH OF THEM! Take that DICE!
  • Major_Pungspark
    I played, or started playing like six rounds today. Completed half I think. I think EVERY round I played, not counting Argonne that I didn´t really like to play...again...there have been 12-16 snipers on every team. It is not my kind of fun, probably will play a couple of rounds more until I am gone for a couple of months again. You cant revolve a game around sniping if you dont give everyone sniper rifles and call it Sniper elite 14(?), or you can, I just don´t want to play it. Sadly I think we where winning most of them, but, fun, no, not for me.

If you have 15 snipers in both teams, you will probably have 12-13 guys left on foot. And how much fun is it to play a game where you cant even shoot back at large part of players without taking a trek. I sometimes think DICE only look at the played % of the class and weapons, and want everything to be used equally much, and buffs and nerfs after that. The really sad thing is that those stats will be so bad because like just a FEW plays sniper on the really cramped maps, while a LOT play on the open maps. The stats then say, well, it is 20-25% that snipe, "woho, we did it!", while the open maps could be in a different sniper only game mode.

I am talking PC now and CQ.

• full951
    2364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    yeah, now that I think about it 33% cap is very liberal. especially now that I think about how most maps also take two to four boots off the ground with planes and the solo tanker guys too. we gotta come at it soft. those guys didn't just make their player name a variant of xxX sniper pro Xxx for nothing .

my suggestion would also allow for you to pick up a sniper kit. so if you and your hh friends really wanna, you can redeploy and stack past the 33%. so I hope that helps the suggestion gain traction.
  • Major_Pungspark
    Just noticed a map with windmills that are my all favorite sniping map so far, they didn´t even dig most trenches deep enough....just played it a little and it made Fao feel like sniper free heaven.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If a cap was introduced, 6 snipers as you say, then the first 6 people to get that class would sit on it for the whole match. Then you'd have people leaving the server if they felt like going Scout but were denied the option.