The game need a sniper cap pls....

145791019

Comments

  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Granathar wrote: »

    33% of single class is a pathological situation, WHO CARES that some hillhumper will have to hillhump on another server? Why care about single guy when there are 64 people on the server?

    The irony in this comment :lol:
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Granathar wrote: »

    33% of single class is a pathological situation, WHO CARES that some hillhumper will have to hillhump on another server? Why care about single guy when there are 64 people on the server?

    The irony in this comment :lol:

    So much it hurts. But wait, you are wrong because 57.45% of players play as Scouts all the time.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

    The irony in this comment :lol:

    I don't see irony in here. People are leaving the game for many reasons, one of them are constant ragequits induced by being instantly killed by someone camping in sweetspot range several times in one match. And suddenly nobody cares about these people. Nobody cares about "their way of playing". Game being destroyed for them is fine, isn't it? If you don't like being killed by compulsive campers then just quit. How is that different from "if you can't handle class limits that will actually do anything in like 5% of games then quit the game"? This is hypocrisy.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

    The irony in this comment :lol:

    I don't see irony in here. People are leaving the game for many reasons, one of them are constant ragequits induced by being instantly killed by someone camping in sweetspot range several times in one match. And suddenly nobody cares about these people. Nobody cares about "their way of playing". Game being destroyed for them is fine, isn't it? If you don't like being killed by compulsive campers then just quit. How is that different from "if you can't handle class limits that will actually do anything in like 5% of games then quit the game"? This is hypocrisy.

    What you do is demagogy.

    Battlefield is a sandbox. Each player does what he likes...
    People rage quit because they are killed constantly by... whatever?? Are we crazy?
    Learn and adapat. Get better and keep going.
    And then there we have the usuall co tradiccion... "limit snipers because they are too good a class... but limit snipers because too many of them in MY team makes PTFO imposible and my team will loose..."
    I am not very experienced in the series historically. Started playing with BF3. Great game. But I have put tones of hours all around and I have never find myself quitting because another player, just for Lag in BF4. In fact, the crazy ideas players have to kill you, the posibilities Battelfield gives them and the freedom to pull them out is what I love about Battlefield. A sandbox shooter.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm not about limiting snipers only. We are talking about 33% class limit per side. So you can actually have only 3 classess in game anyway. But situations like 20/32 + 18/32 would be impossible. You couldnt' have more than 11 players playing the same class on the same side of conflict. I take a look at team composition from time to time and this limit would not affect most of the games. But there are some maps or game modes that are being destroyed by hillhumping maniacs. I see people with like 70 lvl and 50 lvl scout, which makes me think that this guy probably played other classess maybe twice? And I see such people from time to time.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    I'm not about limiting snipers only. We are talking about 33% class limit per side. So you can actually have only 3 classess in game anyway. But situations like 20/32 + 18/32 would be impossible. You couldnt' have more than 11 players playing the same class on the same side of conflict. I take a look at team composition from time to time and this limit would not affect most of the games. But there are some maps or game modes that are being destroyed by hillhumping maniacs. I see people with like 70 lvl and 50 lvl scout, which makes me think that this guy probably played other classess maybe twice? And I see such people from time to time.

    I am one of those guys. I only find fun playing as a Scout in BF1. If the team needs it, however, I adapt to the situation.
    Puting any limit will make players who are actually good not have a sllt to play tbe class they have mastered.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    did you read my suggestion of 33% cap...for all classes?

    They don't even read what we write and they don't even try to understand that 33% cap is only limiting pathologic situations, because in 95% of games nobody would even notice that there is any cap. This is interesting how irrationally frightened of any change can human being be. And the argument "BF is popular because you can play however you want!" is simply untrue. Can I use tank on ALL maps? Can I use them ALL the time? Can I use heavy tank on Volga River? No, I can't. DICE PLZ FIX I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME THE WAY I WANT BUUUUU!!!11 RULES are part of ANY game. When we get to the point that players on the server would hit 33% class limits then they are destroying the game for the others for the sake of their selfishness.

    THIS GAME IS TEAMPLAY BASED. If there is too much of anything - you should have to deal with it and choose other role, YOUR TEAM DOESN'T NEED MORE, or just go to different server. What gives you the right to be ANOTHER annoying hillhumping KDR fairy when 70% of other players don't want you there, because you ruin the game? If there was votekick these guys would just fly away from servers much faster than bullet travels through the air.

    33% of single class is a pathological situation, WHO CARES that some hillhumper will have to hillhump on another server? Why care about single guy when there are 64 people on the server?

    I can't be a driver in ANY vehicle in 90% of games because there is just no place for me left, It's always occupied by someone else. And do you see that anyone cares about me? Nobody cares about it and I shouldn't, and nobody shouldn't care about any individual who has "his own way of playing the game". You are not special snowflakes people, you are just like everyone else and if general opinion of community states "too much of something ruins the game", then it's YOUR problem that you are too stubborn to adapt.

    let's not throw in the tank cap.
    If you need an explanation why tanks are limited then you have no right to discuss bf1 balance system.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

    The irony in this comment :lol:

    I don't see irony in here. People are leaving the game for many reasons, one of them are constant ragequits induced by being instantly killed by someone camping in sweetspot range several times in one match. And suddenly nobody cares about these people. Nobody cares about "their way of playing". Game being destroyed for them is fine, isn't it? If you don't like being killed by compulsive campers then just quit. How is that different from "if you can't handle class limits that will actually do anything in like 5% of games then quit the game"? This is hypocrisy.

    Alot of that doesn't really make much sense, just sounds like rambling.
    I dont like dying to anything, but guess what, its fps, its inevitable we all will die.
    You're trying to push the point about limiting all classes, but you only seem to have a problem with snipers and that's the agenda for you, sniper limits.
    If you have such issues with snipers, then change your own playstyle instead of trying to change the game so you're happy.
    I have no issues whatsoever with scouts, hence nothing needs changing.
  • full951
    2364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    well. that's why i suggest a 33% cap on all classes. it's both generous and "fair". I keep getting mixed feedback on this specific cap idea. all valid. and that's why I hope it gets experimented with in cte.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    full951 wrote: »
    well. that's why i suggest a 33% cap on all classes. it's both generous and "fair". I keep getting mixed feedback on this specific cap idea. all valid. and that's why I hope it gets experimented with in cte.

    You want a cap on all just so the scout class is limited, that's the reason for the suggestion.

    Its already fair, everyone gets to play the class they want, you dont get any fairer than that.
  • full951
    2364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    well. that's why i suggest a 33% cap on all classes. it's both generous and "fair". I keep getting mixed feedback on this specific cap idea. all valid. and that's why I hope it gets experimented with in cte.

    You want a cap on all just so the scout class is limited, that's the reason for the suggestion.
    .

    your statement is completely false.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    You're trying to push the point about limiting all classes, but you only seem to have a problem with snipers and that's the agenda for you, sniper limits.

    Because most of the times they are the ones being overused. On some maps it would be Assault probably, maybe Support if you can hillhump with LMG.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    If you have such issues with snipers, then change your own playstyle instead of trying to change the game so you're happy.

    Yeah, that's why people are massively complaining about sniperfest everywhere since the release of the game. Meanwhile playerbase drops lower and lower. Yup, it looks like I'm the only one being annoyed with this. Some maps are completely unplayable when there are too many snipers. No matter what class you have, there are like 10 snipers looking in the same direction. Even if you are a scout yourself you will kill one of them and the rest will just rip you apart. There is no "adapting" at this point. At this point the only thing you can do is to leave the game. And that means it's plainly broken.

    Playing frontlines on some maps lacking cover is a complete chore. When there are only few snipers these maps are perfectly playable and provide loads of fun. But sometimes over half of enemy team will be sniping and camping in their own point. They don't even care about moving further, they only care about pumping their KDR and to annoy other players. Opposite team finally surrenders to this unbreakable wall of snipers (because there is no tank to make a breakthrough) and they start sniping too. And this is how game dies. Some players that refuse playing scout ragequit (maybe to never come back to BF1), some just take their own sniper rifles.

    And all of this because there were abundance of camping snipers on one side of the conflict. ONLY thing you can do to prevent this is to issue limits OR nerfing sniping to the ground (sniping is actually okay, but adding more sway to the scope would make hitting a bit harder - it's far too easy to snipe while standing) OR redo maps with more cover. In Rising Storm 2 sniping is actually pretty hard. Bullets have the same ballistics as we see in BF1 but if you are not lying on the ground (or stabilize breath) your scope sways like hell and it's not easy to "quickscope" someone. Reducing ADS times with scoped rifles would also help a bit. But damage and ballistics is OK.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    I have no issues whatsoever with scouts, hence nothing needs changing.

    Yes it does. Why do you think there is a big patch being cooked in CTE that buffs EVERYTHING beside sniper rifles? Even DICE cannot ignore this issue anymore and you still insist that this problem is imaginary. I think that maybe some weapons need rebalance, but mostly SCOPES need a nerf. More sway, harder to use them with zoom. No matter if it's SMG, LMG, SLR or bolt action rifle. Full auto with scope without bi/tripod is something that should not even exist. Full-auto = ironsights or collimator. Also scope x6 being used while standing without breath control? You should get motion sickness from looking at it.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    You're trying to push the point about limiting all classes, but you only seem to have a problem with snipers and that's the agenda for you, sniper limits.

    Because most of the times they are the ones being overused. On some maps it would be Assault probably, maybe Support if you can hillhump with LMG.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    If you have such issues with snipers, then change your own playstyle instead of trying to change the game so you're happy.

    Yeah, that's why people are massively complaining about sniperfest everywhere since the release of the game. Meanwhile playerbase drops lower and lower. Yup, it looks like I'm the only one being annoyed with this. Some maps are completely unplayable when there are too many snipers. No matter what class you have, there are like 10 snipers looking in the same direction. Even if you are a scout yourself you will kill one of them and the rest will just rip you apart. There is no "adapting" at this point. At this point the only thing you can do is to leave the game. And that means it's plainly broken.

    Playing frontlines on some maps lacking cover is a complete chore. When there are only few snipers these maps are perfectly playable and provide loads of fun. But sometimes over half of enemy team will be sniping and camping in their own point. They don't even care about moving further, they only care about pumping their KDR and to annoy other players. Opposite team finally surrenders to this unbreakable wall of snipers (because there is no tank to make a breakthrough) and they start sniping too. And this is how game dies. Some players that refuse playing scout ragequit (maybe to never come back to BF1), some just take their own sniper rifles.

    And all of this because there were abundance of camping snipers on one side of the conflict. ONLY thing you can do to prevent this is to issue limits OR nerfing sniping to the ground (sniping is actually okay, but adding more sway to the scope would make hitting a bit harder - it's far too easy to snipe while standing) OR redo maps with more cover. In Rising Storm 2 sniping is actually pretty hard. Bullets have the same ballistics as we see in BF1 but if you are not lying on the ground (or stabilize breath) your scope sways like hell and it's not easy to "quickscope" someone. Reducing ADS times with scoped rifles would also help a bit. But damage and ballistics is OK.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    I have no issues whatsoever with scouts, hence nothing needs changing.

    Yes it does. Why do you think there is a big patch being cooked in CTE that buffs EVERYTHING beside sniper rifles? Even DICE cannot ignore this issue anymore and you still insist that this problem is imaginary. I think that maybe some weapons need rebalance, but mostly SCOPES need a nerf. More sway, harder to use them with zoom. No matter if it's SMG, LMG, SLR or bolt action rifle. Full auto with scope without bi/tripod is something that should not even exist. Full-auto = ironsights or collimator. Also scope x6 being used while standing without breath control? You should get motion sickness from looking at it.

    You have different accounts for BF1? Because the one with the name you show here shows very little hours played to be clayming some of the things yoy say...
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    Granathar wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    You're trying to push the point about limiting all classes, but you only seem to have a problem with snipers and that's the agenda for you, sniper limits.

    Because most of the times they are the ones being overused. On some maps it would be Assault probably, maybe Support if you can hillhump with LMG.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    If you have such issues with snipers, then change your own playstyle instead of trying to change the game so you're happy.

    Yeah, that's why people are massively complaining about sniperfest everywhere since the release of the game. Meanwhile playerbase drops lower and lower. Yup, it looks like I'm the only one being annoyed with this. Some maps are completely unplayable when there are too many snipers. No matter what class you have, there are like 10 snipers looking in the same direction. Even if you are a scout yourself you will kill one of them and the rest will just rip you apart. There is no "adapting" at this point. At this point the only thing you can do is to leave the game. And that means it's plainly broken.

    Playing frontlines on some maps lacking cover is a complete chore. When there are only few snipers these maps are perfectly playable and provide loads of fun. But sometimes over half of enemy team will be sniping and camping in their own point. They don't even care about moving further, they only care about pumping their KDR and to annoy other players. Opposite team finally surrenders to this unbreakable wall of snipers (because there is no tank to make a breakthrough) and they start sniping too. And this is how game dies. Some players that refuse playing scout ragequit (maybe to never come back to BF1), some just take their own sniper rifles.

    And all of this because there were abundance of camping snipers on one side of the conflict. ONLY thing you can do to prevent this is to issue limits OR nerfing sniping to the ground (sniping is actually okay, but adding more sway to the scope would make hitting a bit harder - it's far too easy to snipe while standing) OR redo maps with more cover. In Rising Storm 2 sniping is actually pretty hard. Bullets have the same ballistics as we see in BF1 but if you are not lying on the ground (or stabilize breath) your scope sways like hell and it's not easy to "quickscope" someone. Reducing ADS times with scoped rifles would also help a bit. But damage and ballistics is OK.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    I have no issues whatsoever with scouts, hence nothing needs changing.

    Yes it does. Why do you think there is a big patch being cooked in CTE that buffs EVERYTHING beside sniper rifles? Even DICE cannot ignore this issue anymore and you still insist that this problem is imaginary. I think that maybe some weapons need rebalance, but mostly SCOPES need a nerf. More sway, harder to use them with zoom. No matter if it's SMG, LMG, SLR or bolt action rifle. Full auto with scope without bi/tripod is something that should not even exist. Full-auto = ironsights or collimator. Also scope x6 being used while standing without breath control? You should get motion sickness from looking at it.

    I dont even know where to start with this.

    You're making out scouts are to blame for everything wrong with the game :smile:
    Just not the case at all.
    I will add though, what you seem to find so bad on frontlines isn't the case on conquest.
    I dont really play frontlines, so my comments are based on my experience in conquest.

    The numbers getting lower has no correlation to scouts, unless you have facts to prove such a claim?

    You also claim the weapon changes are because of scouts, just because they're not getting a buff.
    How the hell can you a buff a one shot kill anyway? Hence the reason they dont need a damage buff.
    Again do you any prove that's the reason it's being changed?

    Its all just your opinion in the matter, you're entitled to it, but I don't agree.

    There needs to be no limits.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You have different accounts for BF1? Because the one with the name you show here shows very little hours played to be clayming some of the things yoy say...

    Yeah, this is probably my account. And also one of my favourite arguments of all "I have more hours played than you, therefore I'm right and you are not". Players that are playing this way for a year now are used to these issues and learned to ignore them, that's obvious. If they weren't, they would just stop playing - and yet they are playing, so they like things as they are now. It's the new players and medium-level players who are suffering from these issues and who STILL perceive them as a problem, because they are not used to them. It's my first BF game, I came from other shooters and I see problems immediately. Problems that you are used to. And if you think sniperfield is my only issue - damn, I have many of them. Issues non existant in any other game I played, but in this topic we discuss this one.

    And now this is what new player sees when he comes to the game. He starts playing BF1 through Origin Access. Tries a few maps. And what he sees? He sees snipers instakilling him. When 20% of your deaths are delivered by snipers it's ok. But when it's like 80% of deaths... it's not going to be fun anymore. When you are spawnkilled by the same guy 4th time in a row... well, that's actually ragequit.

    Looks like you don't care about new players. When someone says "well, this game should get some serious rebalance" you go to their profile, see that he has "only" like 60 hours played and then come back saying that he is wrong only because he has too few hours played to prove his point valid? Point is valid or it's not. Argumentum ad personam is only proving that you have no better ideas how to prove that you're right.
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    You're making out scouts are to blame for everything wrong with the game :smile:

    No, this is only one issue. There are few others.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    I will add though, what you seem to find so bad on frontlines isn't the case on conquest.

    Not only frontlines. Supply drop is sniperfield too on some maps. Also people say about snipers being a problem in Operations - now this is something that I don't play and don't know anything about it. But I can imagine that defending side will be swarmed with snipers.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    The numbers getting lower has no correlation to scouts, unless you have facts to prove such a claim?

    Ragequit posts that mention too high number of snipers? Don't pretend that you don't see them so you can prove your point.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    How the hell can you a buff a one shot kill anyway? Hence the reason they dont need a damage buff.

    OTHER weapons are being buffed because they are too weak compared to sniper rifles and that's why scouts are being overused. At least that's how DICE sees the problem. Medic rifles will have higher max dmg distance and better accuracy, why? So they can countersnipe better (guess who are they going to countersnipe hmm? maybe Assaults? I don't know). This rebalance is supposed to be indirect nerf for scouts.
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Again do you any prove that's the reason it's being changed?

    It's one of the reasons. And I can prove it:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6xftc8/september_weapon_balance_update/

    "When it comes to the self loading rifles, their accuracy and effective fire rate are improved. These changes should make these weapons that require multiple hits to kill more effective relative to bolt action rifles, shotguns, and explosives."


  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have no point to prove about lower numbers being because of scouts.
    You made the claim, it is there for you to back such a claim up.
    Clearly you can't, so dont make such wild claims.
    And just because someone on a forum said it, doesn't make it true.

    The thread posted doesn't prove anything either :lol:

    Like I said, this is all your opinion on it, nothing more.
    I dont agree, which is my opinion.

    I think we'll have to agree to disagree here, its starting to go round in circles now :)
  • Kattegat_Twin
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »

    Yeah, that's why people are massively complaining about sniperfest everywhere since the release of the game. Meanwhile playerbase drops lower and lower.

    People have been complaining about snipers in every game that's ever had them. People just don't like suddenly dying from an unseen shot. But really, instead of crying about it and trying to change the game, maybe learn to adapt? Pinned down by 5 snipers? Flank those suckers, backstab them and bounce those nuts up and down until they're pancakes.

    Snipers existed in the war, and people had to deal with it. The argument that snipers do nothing is complete and total nonsense. Even if you have a guy sitting far back, if he's a good shot and is taking people out who are trying to take an objective, then leave him be. He's actually helping. All you anti-snipers who rage at every long range death - if that's how you react to it, don't get annoyed at your friendly snipers - they're making people on the enemy team feel the same.
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    You have different accounts for BF1? Because the one with the name you show here shows very little hours played to be clayming some of the things yoy say...

    Yeah, this is probably my account. And also one of my favourite arguments of all "I have more hours played than you, therefore I'm right and you are not". Players that are playing this way for a year now are used to these issues and learned to ignore them, that's obvious. If they weren't, they would just stop playing - and yet they are playing, so they like things as they are now. It's the new players and medium-level players who are suffering from these issues and who STILL perceive them as a problem, because they are not used to them. It's my first BF game, I came from other shooters and I see problems immediately. Problems that you are used to. And if you think sniperfield is my only issue - damn, I have many of them. Issues non existant in any other game I played, but in this topic we discuss this one.

    And now this is what new player sees when he comes to the game. He starts playing BF1 through Origin Access. Tries a few maps. And what he sees? He sees snipers instakilling him. When 20% of your deaths are delivered by snipers it's ok. But when it's like 80% of deaths... it's not going to be fun anymore. When you are spawnkilled by the same guy 4th time in a row... well, that's actually ragequit.

    Looks like you don't care about new players. When someone says "well, this game should get some serious rebalance" you go to their profile, see that he has "only" like 60 hours played and then come back saying that he is wrong only because he has too few hours played to prove his point valid? Point is valid or it's not. Argumentum ad personam is only proving that you have no better ideas how to prove that you're right.

    No my friend. I care about players getting better through learning and playing. As has allways been. Not crying out loud for changes whenever they die what they consider to be too much. And you prettending to speak reason but you are just doing that. Crying. Battlefield has had small to medium changes throug time but the core is the same. Limiting is not one mechanics of Battlefield. You come here "politelly" arguing issues that had been argued through, literally, years as if you have found some core flaws when actually and probably your own Fps history and your abilities and your lack of understanding of the game are the REAL issue.
    Cheers.
  • WastlanderMerc
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sniper cap would cause other class caps....that wouldn't be fair to a ton of people....pretty much sums it all up.
Sign In or Register to comment.