The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No my friend. I care about players getting better through learning and playing. As has allways been.

Hard to learn to avoid bullets when literally 5 snipers are shooting at you in the same very moment. Avoiding one or two is rather easy, but when there is too many of them you are basically helpless.
    Battlefield has had small to medium changes throug time but the core is the same.

False. It's the first Battlefield game that has realistic bullet velocity of a sniper rifle. That's a BIG change IMO. I used some sniper rifles in BF4 and in BF1 it's far easier to put a bullet through someone's skull. And that's the source of the problem. I think that overall realistic bullet behavior is a step in right direction, but there should be countermeasures to that. Also BF4 didn't have sweetspot mechanics? In BF4 sniper rifle could one shot a guy at 10 m distance. After that damage starts to drop. In BF1 it's actually the opposite which results with sudden 1 hit deaths not made by headshot. Something that NEVER happened before from non-elite weapon. Isn't that sad that noobie like me is explaining changes in mechanics to fans of the series?

Limiting is not one mechanics of Battlefield.

Also sweetspot and repairing tanks from inside. Looks like we aren't playing Battlefield at all!
    arguing issues that had been argued through, literally, years

What issues? Issues with easy sniping with high velocity sniping rifles with sweetspot range which create abundance of snipers?
  • WastlanderMerc
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    No my friend. I care about players getting better through learning and playing. As has allways been.

Hard to learn to avoid bullets when literally 5 snipers are shooting at you in the same very moment. Avoiding one or two is rather easy, but when there is too many of them you are basically helpless.
    Battlefield has had small to medium changes throug time but the core is the same.

False. It's the first Battlefield game that has realistic bullet velocity of a sniper rifle. That's a BIG change IMO. I used some sniper rifles in BF4 and in BF1 it's far easier to put a bullet through someone's skull. And that's the source of the problem. I think that overall realistic bullet behavior is a step in right direction, but there should be countermeasures to that. Also BF4 didn't have sweetspot mechanics? In BF4 sniper rifle could one shot a guy at 10 m distance. After that damage starts to drop. In BF1 it's actually the opposite which results with sudden 1 hit deaths not made by headshot. Something that NEVER happened before from non-elite weapon. Isn't that sad that noobie like me is explaining changes in mechanics to fans of the series?

Limiting is not one mechanics of Battlefield.

Also sweetspot and repairing tanks. Looks like we aren't playing Battlefield at all!
    arguing issues that had been argued through, literally, years

What issues? Issues with easy sniping with high velocity sniping rifles with sweetspot range which create abundance of snipers?

Dude, take a chill pill my friend....ABH looks like a good player ( due to his stats ).....not sure if you had a bad night of playing or what....but the OP who posted this thread is obv not interested. Let this thread fade into the darkness...
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IllIllIII wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    did you read my suggestion of 33% cap...for all classes?

They don't even read what we write and they don't even try to understand that 33% cap is only limiting pathologic situations, because in 95% of games nobody would even notice that there is any cap. This is interesting how irrationally frightened of any change can human being be. And the argument "BF is popular because you can play however you want!" is simply untrue. Can I use tank on ALL maps? Can I use them ALL the time? Can I use heavy tank on Volga River? No, I can't. DICE PLZ FIX I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME THE WAY I WANT BUUUUU!!!11 RULES are part of ANY game. When we get to the point that players on the server would hit 33% class limits then they are destroying the game for the others for the sake of their selfishness.

THIS GAME IS TEAMPLAY BASED. If there is too much of anything - you should have to deal with it and choose other role, YOUR TEAM DOESN'T NEED MORE, or just go to different server. What gives you the right to be ANOTHER annoying hillhumping KDR fairy when 70% of other players don't want you there, because you ruin the game? If there was votekick these guys would just fly away from servers much faster than bullet travels through the air.

33% of single class is a pathological situation, WHO CARES that some hillhumper will have to hillhump on another server? Why care about single guy when there are 64 people on the server?

I can't be a driver in ANY vehicle in 90% of games because there is just no place for me left, It's always occupied by someone else. And do you see that anyone cares about me? Nobody cares about it and I shouldn't, and nobody shouldn't care about any individual who has "his own way of playing the game". You are not special snowflakes people, you are just like everyone else and if general opinion of community states "too much of something ruins the game", then it's YOUR problem that you are too stubborn to adapt.

let's not throw in the tank cap.
    If you need an explanation why tanks are limited then you have no right to discuss bf1 balance system.

I already explained to this cat why vehicles are limited.
    His reaction?
    *Plugs ears and screams I'M NOT LISTENING*
  • Granathar
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I already explained to this cat why vehicles are limited.
    His reaction?
    *Plugs ears and screams I'M NOT LISTENING*

*sigh* It was an example that proved that ONE thing being limited DOES NOT lead to OTHER THINGS being limited as someone tried to argument.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not even done reading and rolling on the floor man. I knew your response would be long winded but hot damn. pretend it's a tweet every once in a while .

I don't know if you can tell but I put that second part about comparing R6 and OW because I knew you'd have have something to say about it

Of course I'd have something to say about it, it pertained to the topic we're discussing. But you said it in a way that implied you believed R6 and OW would fit the bill as to what I was looking for, otherwise there was absolutely zero reason to bring them up, as they're not class based shooters with class limits.

Secondly, I'll never understand one's aversion to reading while they're taking part in an activity that is probably 75% reading. Sorry, but sometimes a discussion warrants more than two run-on sentences.
  • Granathar
    Dude, take a chill pill my friend....ABH looks like a good player ( due to his stats ).....not sure if you had a bad night of playing or what....but the OP who posted this thread is obv not interested. Let this thread fade into the darkness...

We are discussing things my friend. And I'm just pointing out false information or poor argumentation. Saying that "nothing important changed in this Battlefield compared to others" is just false. Changes in bullet velocity + sweespot range + open maps are all reasons of current scout abusement. So arguments that some of you pull are just invalid. There are reasons why this particular BF game has so many threads and posts pointing problems with snipers while previous one had far less.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

We are discussing things my friend. And I'm just pointing out false information or poor argumentation. Saying that "nothing important changed in this Battlefield compared to others" is just false. Changes in bullet velocity + sweespot range + open maps are all reasons of current scout abusement. So arguments that some of you pull are just invalid. There are reasons why this particular BF game has so many threads and posts pointing problems with snipers while previous one had far less.

More irony :lol:
  • Granathar
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

More missed irony.
  • WastlanderMerc
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

My point is the OP is gone, and this thread is becoming useless dude....
  • XXxx_ABH_xxXX
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

:D The real irony is he wont get it... but he will dance around some dialectic poetry spiced with latin concepts to try to convince us his flawed argumentation is on point.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

More missed irony.
    You should work on that ;)
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

They don't even read what we write and they don't even try to understand that 33% cap is only limiting pathologic situations, because in 95% of games nobody would even notice that there is any cap. This is interesting how irrationally frightened of any change can human being be. And the argument "BF is popular because you can play however you want!" is simply untrue. Can I use tank on ALL maps? Can I use them ALL the time? Can I use heavy tank on Volga River? No, I can't. DICE PLZ FIX I CAN'T PLAY THE GAME THE WAY I WANT BUUUUU!!!11 RULES are part of ANY game. When we get to the point that players on the server would hit 33% class limits then they are destroying the game for the others for the sake of their selfishness.

THIS GAME IS TEAMPLAY BASED. If there is too much of anything - you should have to deal with it and choose other role, YOUR TEAM DOESN'T NEED MORE, or just go to different server. What gives you the right to be ANOTHER annoying hillhumping KDR fairy when 70% of other players don't want you there, because you ruin the game? If there was votekick these guys would just fly away from servers much faster than bullet travels through the air.

33% of single class is a pathological situation, WHO CARES that some hillhumper will have to hillhump on another server? Why care about single guy when there are 64 people on the server?

I can't be a driver in ANY vehicle in 90% of games because there is just no place for me left, It's always occupied by someone else. And do you see that anyone cares about me? Nobody cares about it and I shouldn't, and nobody shouldn't care about any individual who has "his own way of playing the game". You are not special snowflakes people, you are just like everyone else and if general opinion of community states "too much of something ruins the game", then it's YOUR problem that you are too stubborn to adapt.

Lmao you think people that have been playing BF for years wouldnt notice a hard cap on classes in comparison to literally any other Battlefield title ever created? Especially when the classes aren't even remotely played equally across the entire player base? That's a joke, right?

Secondly, your whole "you can play any way you want isn't true because vehicles are limited" spiel is moot. Vehicles are limited because they're force multiplying tools for teams to take advantage of - they're not one of the primary Infantry classes that fundamentally shape the brunt of the game. What you said was akin to a corner camper whining that theres no corners he can camp on Galicia. Pointless.

For third, sure, this game is a team-based game, but this again delves into the play however you want mantra. The game doesn't force you to play as a team (there are games that do) or perform team based actions consistently. You don't even have to revive and heal as Medic, there are other gadgets. I don't know what game you've been playing, but I've been playing BF since the beginning and it's always been like that.

That leads me to my last point - your glaring disagreement of how Battlefield has essentially been set up as a whole since 2002. I'm not sure if you know that BF has played like this since the very first game in the franchise, but it sounds like you're describing the game you WANT BF to be, instead of proclaiming exactly what BF is and has always been.

Who cares if hillhumpers won't be able to play the way they want? I care, and I'm sure the hillhumpers do as well.

Not only that, but you established a suggestion for 33% caps on EACH class, but are acting like scouts will be the only ones who won't get to play their preferred class. This will only lead to servers emptying like you see in Red Orchestra when the only slot open is standard issue rifleman.

I will agree with one thing you said - Scouts are not special snowflakes and they are like everyone else - and they can play how they like, just like everyone else

P.S. You're WAY overblowing the amount of people complaining about scouts in this community, to the point you've said "massive" amounts of people complain about them since day 1. That's absolutely false, and more or less a handful of the same users on this forum have done the brunt of the complaining since day 1 - not to mention a TON of those complaints were blatantly biased overreaction from people who put a max of 15 minutes into the Scout class.

Scout isn't even statistically the most played class throughout the player base.
    Post edited by Loqtrall on
  • Granathar
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I will agree with one thing you said - Scouts are not special snowflakes and they are like everyone else - and they can play how they like, just like everyone else

Then sniping should be harder so less people would prefer to hillhump. Also maybe some spawn protection or something to not be dead 0.5 seconds after respawning. CTE patch didn't come out of nowhere. The problem is real if devs started to do something about it.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, the argument of those in favour of a limit is pretty much: "I want them to limit YOUR class and YOUR playstyle; but hey, don't you even put a finger on mine".

did you read my suggestion of 33% cap...for all classes?

Did you read your name anywhere on my comment?
  • GRIZZ11283

Then sniping should be harder so less people would prefer to hillhump. Also maybe some spawn protection or something to not be dead 0.5 seconds after respawning. CTE patch didn't come out of nowhere. The problem is real if devs started to do something about it.

What they doing about it?

The current testing of weapons isn't directly linked to the use of snipers, so stop assuming it is.
  • Loqtrall
    edited September 2017

One of the reasons people camp on hills is because PTFO with rifles in this game was already the hardest Infantry playstyle, and with the new balance pass its only going to get harder.

Now you're insisting sniping from range should be harder, thus causing the Scout class to require substantially more skill to play in general than it would to play anything else in the game. It would be easier to PTFO solely with a revolver at that point.

If anything, the CTE patch matched with the inconspicuous Specialization and the Specializations scouts got are DICE's way of telling Scouts to get out of the objective and in to the hills.

It was harder to snipe in past games (at range) and people still did it, and people still complained about it. Just like in those very same games rifles OHK from 0-12m and people STILL complained and called them ghetto shotguns.

It just goes to show that no matter how you balance rifles in this game, people who don't remember they're playing a GAME with random people from around the world will still find something to complain about when it comes to snipers.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm not even done reading and rolling on the floor man. I knew your response would be long winded but hot damn. pretend it's a tweet every once in a while .

I don't know if you can tell but I put that second part about comparing R6 and OW because I knew you'd have have something to say about it

Of course I'd have something to say about it, it pertained to the topic we're discussing. But you said it in a way that implied you believed R6 and OW would fit the bill as to what I was looking for, otherwise there was absolutely zero reason to bring them up, as they're not class based shooters with class limits.

Secondly, I'll never understand one's aversion to reading while they're taking part in an activity that is probably 75% reading. Sorry, but sometimes a discussion warrants more than two run-on sentences.

I've have no aversion to reading. that's why I like reading the forums on the topics I like. yes there was a reason. i did want to read what you thought about it. and you delivered. ty

based on responses I've been hearing about the 33% cap suggestion. I hear that people dont like being forced to play a specific way or forced not to use the load out they prefer. or they dont like the opinons of others on how to play the game. I hear that even though getting killed at distance in one shot by a weapon you can't counter because it's a one hit kill, despite that - it's ok because you wouldn't want to limit how people play the game. noble. and I respect that... but where where you guys for me in bf4? I was having a blast mortaring camping snipers. I racked up over 5k mortar kills on 360 befor switching over to xbox one and did thousands more. nerf after nerf, salty thread after salty thread and the community as a whole suppressed the way I and others liked to play. the mortar was limited and nerfed into the ground. you could hear the damn thing over a full on fire fight and had time to move once hearing it. you didn't even have to move out of its abysmally small blast radius to survive a hit let alone take zero damage by just moving two steps over. I was doing the lords work, countering a team heavy on the only players a mortar could consistently hit: a completely non moving camping sniper. so everyone here keeps establishing it's ok to play how you want with want you want. wtf happend to your convictions in bf4?

Post edited by full951 on
  • Granathar
    everyone here keeps establishing it's ok to play how you want with want you want. wtf happend to your convictions in bf4?

I think we misunderstand them. They probably wanted to say it's ok for people to play how they want to play as long as they may themselves want to play the same way too. I still think it's not about liberal views but fear about being potentially touched by some balancing mechanism. When DICE finally introduce team balance (shifting squads between teams) I'm pretty sure that some people will come here to whine that they had great time farming KDR and this ugly balance switched them to other team - and they now CAN'T PLAY THE WAY THAT THEY WANT TO PLAY (and they wanted to farm helpless people - this is their way of playing).
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    damn it. I did that thing where if you edit a post one to many times it disappears. irrelevent i guess. thanks for the responses you guys gave.
  • Granathar
    damn it. I did that thing where if you edit a post one to many times it disappears. irrelevent i guess. thanks for the responses you guys gave.

Write to mod about it. Let them taste their own solutions. When I made a rant about this mechanism being broken some mod responded "you could just write to me so I can reenable this comment for you", and now I am going to spam them every time when this bug will occur. And I recommend it for everyone so maybe they will finally fix that ****. If they will not enable my posts then I am going to make some more rants because this is just beyond words.