The game need a sniper cap pls....

Comments

• buddyboy911
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    You can always tell these people who are on these threads are total noobs. Number one sniping is rather difficult and the obvious most difficult class to do well in. There is o so much more bullet drop and much less bullet velocity than in bf4, so however says that has no idea what they are talking about.

Secondly if you are continually getting killed by snipers means you are most likely standing around and then get your dome popped. Don't be a total noob, simply dont stop moving unless you are shooting at range. Take it from a rather decent sniper, the least thing I am worried about is other snipers. With the increased time to kill I will actually leave snipers I have seen last to kill and prioritize support and medics. As long as I keep side stepping/strafing it is very very very rare I will get shot by a sniper.

Plus even with how many hours I have put in the game when a player side strafe dances (which honestly is amazing how little people do this) there is a high probably of that player getting away as now I have very little chance of getting a headshot, and forced to body shot which even if I land the player should have enough time to get to cover.

o Also suppression is absolutely terrible for snipers so if you are not next to cover you side step and dodge the bullet than shoot down range at them just to suppress them and then keep moving.

ps the longest headshot in bf1 of all the stats is over three times less than the longest headshot in bf4 that is how bad bullet drop is and bullet velocity.
  • Dogwoggle11
    2669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow. There's some salt in here.
  • Scruffy_McGuffy
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I laugh at some of these proposed "solutions" which are far worse than whatever the perceived problem is. Someone mentioned forcing 4 players in a squad from picking a declining number of class options so they can't be the same. Whaaaaat? That's crazy. That would just lead to a massive meta-game of squads musical chairs, resulting in fewer spawn options for everyone.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know how to get those sweet legendary tank skins? Would really like to get one for ultimate salt while using my tanks.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, just left another round, we where totally crushing them, if they had moved 50% from sniping they would still have had 8 of them, if we hade moved 50% of ours we would had around 6 I think.

Totally boring camp party.

I left with 5-1 I think and had probably seen around ten enemies in total if not counting 3d-spots in the distance and lens reflections....

Before that I played a round of Amiens, for a while there was 50% snipers (On Amiens!!) but it got way better after some gave up, probably around 7-8 or so on each team after a while, they even had snipers on the roofs, didn´t even know you could get up there...
  • full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone know how to get those sweet legendary tank skins? Would really like to get one for ultimate salt while using my tanks.

how dare you prevent other players from using the tank with your merciless tanking
  • robmcewen
    2966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The title of the thread shouldn't be The game needs a sniper cap pls.... but should be The game needs a nugget cap pls....
  • mattmaclock
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am not against a sniper cap, but every time when I spawn in a certain area, I got picked up by those snipers, over and over again in those open area.

• von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No cap but introducing a 5% health bonus to anyone picking a class that's under-represented on the battlefield at that time would be something.
  • full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'm not even done reading and rolling on the floor man. I knew your response would be long winded but hot damn. pretend it's a tweet every once in a while .

I don't know if you can tell but I put that second part about comparing R6 and OW because I knew you'd have have something to say about it

Of course I'd have something to say about it, it pertained to the topic we're discussing. But you said it in a way that implied you believed R6 and OW would fit the bill as to what I was looking for, otherwise there was absolutely zero reason to bring them up, as they're not class based shooters with class limits.

Secondly, I'll never understand one's aversion to reading while they're taking part in an activity that is probably 75% reading. Sorry, but sometimes a discussion warrants more than two run-on sentences.

I've have no aversion to reading. that's why I like reading the forums on the topics I like. yes there was a reason. i did want to read what you thought about it. and you delivered. ty

based on responses I've been hearing about the 33% cap suggestion. I hear that people dont like being forced to play a specific way or forced not to use the load out they prefer. or they dont like the opinons of others on how to play the game. I hear that even though getting killed at distance in one shot by a weapon you can't counter because it's a one hit kill, despite that - it's ok because you wouldn't want to limit how people play the game. noble. and I respect that... but where where you guys for me in bf4? I was having a blast mortaring camping snipers. I racked up over 5k mortar kills on 360 befor switching over to xbox one and did thousands more. nerf after nerf, salty thread after salty thread and the community as a whole suppressed the way I and others liked to play. the mortar was limited and nerfed into the ground. you could hear the damn thing over a full on fire fight and had time to move once hearing it. you didn't even have to move out of its abysmally small blast radius to survive a hit let alone take zero damage by just moving two steps over. I was doing the lords work, countering a team heavy on the only players a mortar could consistently hit: a completely non moving camping sniper. so everyone here keeps establishing it's ok to play how you want with want you want. wtf happend to your convictions in bf4?

sweet. my post got reactivated . topic is done but I guess if you still care have a read .
  • -Antares65z
    1611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    sweet. my post got reactivated . topic is done but I guess if you still care have a read .

Yes, and this thread should be DONE and CLOSED too.

• rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bottom line, any kind of limit takes away player choice. Anything that takes away choice in favor of force is 1000% wrong. Especially when the entire game is based on player choice.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    but where where you guys for me in bf4? I was having a blast mortaring camping snipers. I racked up over 5k mortar kills on 360 befor switching over to xbox one and did thousands more. nerf after nerf, salty thread after salty thread and the community as a whole suppressed the way I and others liked to play. the mortar was limited and nerfed into the ground. you could hear the damn thing over a full on fire fight and had time to move once hearing it. you didn't even have to move out of its abysmally small blast radius to survive a hit let alone take zero damage by just moving two steps over. I was doing the lords work, countering a team heavy on the only players a mortar could consistently hit: a completely non moving camping sniper. so everyone here keeps establishing it's ok to play how you want with want you want. wtf happend to your convictions in bf4?

To be fair, that's balancing a gadget, not hard limiting every class in the game because you don't like snipers. Two entirely different scenarios.

But if it makes any difference, there were plenty of people opposed to the mortar nerf in BF4, and I've been fighting against people who want class limits since at least BF3, so my commitment to the idea of free choice in this game is solid.
  • cracksteady
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You can always tell these people who are on these threads are total noobs. Number one sniping is rather difficult and the obvious most difficult class to do well in. There is o so much more bullet drop and much less bullet velocity than in bf4, so however says that has no idea what they are talking about.

Secondly if you are continually getting killed by snipers means you are most likely standing around and then get your dome popped. Don't be a total noob, simply dont stop moving unless you are shooting at range. Take it from a rather decent sniper, the least thing I am worried about is other snipers. With the increased time to kill I will actually leave snipers I have seen last to kill and prioritize support and medics. As long as I keep side stepping/strafing it is very very very rare I will get shot by a sniper.

Plus even with how many hours I have put in the game when a player side strafe dances (which honestly is amazing how little people do this) there is a high probably of that player getting away as now I have very little chance of getting a headshot, and forced to body shot which even if I land the player should have enough time to get to cover.

o Also suppression is absolutely terrible for snipers so if you are not next to cover you side step and dodge the bullet than shoot down range at them just to suppress them and then keep moving.

ps the longest headshot in bf1 of all the stats is over three times less than the longest headshot in bf4 that is how bad bullet drop is and bullet velocity.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS!!! bullet velocity is HIGHER in bf1. Bf4 has been out for more than a few years... so it' it doesn't surprise me that the "longest headshot" is greater than bf1.

I believe the longest in bf1 as of now is 1080 meters. You wanna know why? because bf4 has larger maps on conquest in comparison to bf1. Battles on bf1 are more congested..

logic.

You can go ahead and check out symthic. They get there stats from in-game files which specifically show that muzzle velocity is LOWER.

Lets look at the M98B which has a muzzle velocity of 650

Gewher 98 muzzle velocity 880.

the 1903 is at 1000+ meters per second.

Bullets travel faster on bf1 end of story.

• wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These threads always give me a chuckle. Why should we put a cap on the way other people play? What's next? Less tanks? Less bullets? Jesus, it gets stupid.

I like the snipers just like they are...camping way back, not helping their team, and easy to get around to stab/club/chop, etc.

Can people really not run zig zag patterns?
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS!!! bullet velocity is HIGHER in bf1. Bf4 has been out for more than a few years... so it' it doesn't surprise me that the "longest headshot" is greater than bf1.

I believe the longest in bf1 as of now is 1080 meters. You wanna know why? because bf4 has larger maps on conquest in comparison to bf1. Battles on bf1 are more congested..

logic.

You can go ahead and check out symthic. They get there stats from in-game files which specifically show that muzzle velocity is LOWER.

But more drop..
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

logic.

Fyi, doesn't matter how long the games out, the longest headshot on BF1 will never beat BF4.

The bullets disappear at 1108m or there abouts on BF1.
  • NyC_LoGiCs
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I get sniped in this game sometimes. But it doesn't happen that often especially if you play the objectives. I don't get it.
  • jart372
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sniper cap worked very well in bf4. It was more fun to play without 10 or even more snipers per team. Snipers are biggest problem in bf1, so Dice should do something with that. If sniper limit is no possbile, then nerf them. Remove sweetspot and nerf bullet velocity. Im sure a lot noobs will choose other class if they will not be able to get easy kills like now.

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the only thing that needs a cap or a nerf is the amount of pointless threads people make, because the "bad sniper" touched them because they run with blinders on in a straight line like lemmings.