what are you willing to give up, so that there is no more scout sweet points and ADS kill.

crimsonkni_cano
380 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I don't mind the set up with the scout class at all, or the amount that play as scout in a game. But I think that there are loads on BF that hates it big time.

But the big question is that, if you could remove the sweet spot and the ADS bit of magic. What are you willing to give up on your classes.

Assault - no more tank frags.
Medic - bring the dead back to life - if your head is no more you are dead etc.
Support - no more running about with easy, with a lmg.

The above is just one or two crazy ideas at 11.00 o'clock at night, so just make light heart of it please.

Comments

• Aeshettr
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 12
    I don't remember which battlefield had this mechanic, but you couldn't be revived after taking a headshot death.

If sweet spots HAD to be removed, I'd reluctantly accept that.

e: I also don't think they'd ever be removed. Sweet spots are a core mechanic for the Scout class, and removing it would make half the rifles redundant. I'd put that move in the same category as reorganizing the classes entirely(not gonna happen).
  • Rev0verDrive
    6050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Aeshettr wrote: »
    I don't remember which battlefield had this mechanic, but you couldn't be revived after taking a headshot death.

If sweet spots HAD to be removed, I'd reluctantly accept that.

e: I also don't think they'd ever be removed. Sweet spots are a core mechanic for the Scout class, and removing it would make half the rifles redundant. I'd put that move in the same category as reorganizing the classes entirely(not gonna happen).

I think it was BC2 that had the no rez after hs.
  • crabman169
    10208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ^ hardline had that and explosive kills would also deny revives (but operator also had the self revive tube that only works on roadkills and explosives)

Wouldn't work op; those that hate the scout class etc couldn't bare for their class to take a hit too.

Assault smgs have chance to jam
    Medic slrs have chance to jam
    Support can't run

Imagine the crying
  • Rev0verDrive
    6050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    crabman169 wrote:
    Imagine the crying

nRLrrjU.jpg
  • crimsonkni_cano
    crabman169 wrote: »
    ^ hardline had that and explosive kills would also deny revives (but operator also had the self revive tube that only works on roadkills and explosives)

Wouldn't work op; those that hate the scout class etc couldn't bare for their class to take a hit too.

Assault smgs have chance to jam
    Medic slrs have chance to jam
    Support can't run

Imagine the crying

There will so much crying, there will be no more dry land left, if they messed with easy class
  • crimsonkni_cano
    Edit - each class.
  • Rev0verDrive
    You know what wrecks a scout?

Smoke and CQC.

You know what makes scout happy?

Idiots in the open running in a straight line.

LEEROY JEN KIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS ! ! ! ! ! !
  • GRIZZ11283
    3029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wouldn't give up anything as I have no issues with scouts.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    You know what wrecks a scout?

Smoke and CQC.

You know what makes scout happy?

Idiots in the open running in a straight line.

LEEROY JEN KIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS ! ! ! ! ! !

That's me - I'm the running man, some times I just can not help myself but to run here and run there.
  • Loqtrall
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To me the OHK range (for whatever reason they and everyone else decided to start calling it "sweet spots") is all about how competitive bolt-action rifles can be in comparison to other weapon types.

If you take away a bolt-action rifle's ability to one-shot kill someone within SOME range, they become uncompetitive in almost every way aside from playing solely outside the range of every other weapon in the game.

If you're playing the objective with a rifle that is not capable of one-shot kills without a headshot in CQB (literally every rifle in this game), you can be outgunned by even sidearms if you're up against someone with an equal skillset in a 1v1 gunfight. That's why I preferred the OHK ranges in BF4, where every rifle had a universal ohk range of 0 to 12.5m. It made playing the objective with bolt-action rifles possible, without making them crazy effective outside the range of every other weapon type (still requiring two shots).

In this game, because SO many people complained about the OHK range in BF4 (because people will always complain about rifles that can OHK to the chest, for whatever reason), they made them more effective at ranges (somewhat) outside the effective range of most other weapon types.

This has only resulted in people claiming it makes sniping "too easy" at range because you can OHK enemies but if you're not another Scout you can't really fight back effectively.

IMO - sweet spots shouldn't be removed, they should all just be reverted back to close, range and aim assist for all Scout rifles should be removed.

Bolt-action OHK ranges were close range from BC2 to BF4. I wouldn't mind an OHK range up to, say, 15m.

It would not only be a proactive change for Scouts to start playing the objective, but it would eliminate people who claim the Scout class is unfair because of their TTK potential within ranges other weapons aren't so effective.

I make this suggestion added on to the fact that there's currently a weapon balance pass going through the CTE that's increasing the ranged effectiveness and TTK of almost every other weapon in the game aside from Bolt-action rifles and sidearms.

A close-range OHK to the chest (not limbs) would keep bolt-action rifles in line with the upcoming balance changes to SMGs and LMGs when playing the objective, allowing Scouts to be more competitive at aspects of the game that mean most (PTFO) - while simultaneously eliminating people claiming Scouts are OP at range, and the reason that a lot of people sit at range with bolt-action rifles (their OHK potential at 75-100m).
  • crimsonkni_cano
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    To me the OHK range (for whatever reason they and everyone else decided to start calling it "sweet spots") is all about how competitive bolt-action rifles can be in comparison to other weapon types.

If you take away a bolt-action rifle's ability to one-shot kill someone within SOME range, they become uncompetitive in almost every way aside from playing solely outside the range of every other weapon in the game.

If you're playing the objective with a rifle that is not capable of one-shot kills without a headshot in CQB (literally every rifle in this game), you can be outgunned by even sidearms if you're up against someone with an equal skillset in a 1v1 gunfight. That's why I preferred the OHK ranges in BF4, where every rifle had a universal ohk range of 0 to 12.5m. It made playing the objective with bolt-action rifles possible, without making them crazy effective outside the range of every other weapon type (still requiring two shots).

In this game, because SO many people complained about the OHK range in BF4 (because people will always complain about rifles that can OHK to the chest, for whatever reason), they made them more effective at ranges (somewhat) outside the effective range of most other weapon types.

This has only resulted in people claiming it makes sniping "too easy" at range because you can OHK enemies but if you're not another Scout you can't really fight back effectively.

IMO - sweet spots shouldn't be removed, they should all just be reverted back to close, range and aim assist for all Scout rifles should be removed.

Bolt-action OHK ranges were close range from BC2 to BF4. I wouldn't mind an OHK range up to, say, 15m.

It would not only be a proactive change for Scouts to start playing the objective, but it would eliminate people who claim the Scout class is unfair because of their TTK potential within ranges other weapons aren't so effective.

I make this suggestion added on to the fact that there's currently a weapon balance pass going through the CTE that's increasing the ranged effectiveness and TTK of almost every other weapon in the game aside from Bolt-action rifles and sidearms.

A close-range OHK to the chest (not limbs) would keep bolt-action rifles in line with the upcoming balance changes to SMGs and LMGs when playing the objective, allowing Scouts to be more competitive at aspects of the game that mean most (PTFO) - while simultaneously eliminating people claiming Scouts are OP at range, and the reason that a lot of people sit at range with bolt-action rifles (their OHK potential at 75-100m).

Well that's a lot of written mate, I think its great that each class has it own little gems.
  • SlugSniper
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I could maybe understand shortening the sweetspots a bit, but other than that, they're fine. They make each gun unique and situational.
  • montreal961
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would give up a lot. Let's just say that.
  • crimsonkni_cano
    Looks like the game is fine as it is. Over 160 looks, but less than 20 reply's.

I think the only problem is the amount of scouts, and if you add the support players with there new buffed lmg. Players need to use a lot of cover
  • astraussdc
    269 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To be honest? I don't have a big problem with how scouts work. It's more of an issue of map design. Most of the large variants are really really Sniper friendly. And I don't mean Scout friendly, I mean the sit a mile away with a scope type players. So many of the maps honestly seem built for that. Which isn't terribly fun for a lot of people, ducking and diving from sparse cover to cover in wide open areas, afraid you're going to get pegged by someone so far away you'll be lucky to make out the red dot on the kill screen. Sweet spot kills tho? Never bugged me much. Those people are usually near the objective and the same person with a LMG or a rocket gun or whatever probably would have killed me just the same. My fault (or bad luck) for not seeing them first.
  • TIG_blane
    394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Remove the hide from flares perk (change it to pulse spot every 5 seconds and not blinded by flares as bad) and shorten the OHK range (30-40m is a little too generous), the flare nerf is stupid. Maybe only prone, but I have buddies use it to help find campers.
    The bayonet perk should be changed to no weapon swap penalty for support.