The Parabellum Mg14/17 low weight alternatives

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Since the shoot down two planes is based purely on luck (or having a pilot friend join the other team and land the plane for you to shoot at) i decided that id offee 10 (maybe more alternatives to this challenge)

1. Kill 10 calvary with the perino 190i or mercie benet
2. Destroy 5 tanks with the limpet charge
3. Deal 10000 damage to planes
4. Get 30 squad suppression assists
5. Repair vehicles for 3000
6. In a round get 50 squad resupplies
7. Get 50 kills with crossbow grenades
8. Destroy 10 vehicles with the HE crossbow grenade
9. Get 600 kills with the Parabelum Suppressive
10. Resupply 500 times

What do you guys think? The thing is support was never made in for anti vehicle combat in any battlefield ive played and the funny thing is dice expects us to sit out in the boonies and pot shot planes to get lucky that takes the support out of supporting ironically ive noticed support players usually dont continue to shoot at planes before or after theyve unlocked the parabellum low wieght. Me personally id prefer to be giving my teammates ammution defending objectives and giving supprsive fire to help my teammates out of sticky situations. Simply put if i wanted to shoot down planes id be camping in the back of the map with an artillery truck or on an aa gun even the repair vehicles is better because i dont mind following tanks around all game plus in my experience pilots are better are taking down planes then infantry and the funny thing is the scout class and assauly class are better at taking out planes. Its already bad enough that lmgs are the only weapons that jave a 5 bullet minimum kill but now this. Man its no surprise ill join games and my team has maybe 1 or 2 support people ive even seen full assault and full medic squads.

Anyway just my 2 cents and thought id givjusome alternatives to the surrent challange my favorite is the calvary one because if support players targeted calvary more then that would support the infantry more then hoping to shoot down 2 planes.

Comments

• dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Dealing a certain amount of damage to planes seems like the most logical choice to me. I'm not one of those people who is upset over having to destroy two planes, but I can't blame someone who is. I know I will eventually get it, it just may take a very long time. I think people would be happy with a do a certain amount of damage to planes with lmgs. They could have made it a fairly high number to keep in somewhat challenging.
  • Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dj4047 wrote: »
    Dealing a certain amount of damage to planes seems like the most logical choice to me. I'm not one of those people who is upset over having to destroy two planes, but I can't blame someone who is. I know I will eventually get it, it just may take a very long time. I think people would be happy with a do a certain amount of damage to planes with lmgs. They could have made it a fairly high number to keep in somewhat challenging.

Exactly like dont get me wrong im still grinding for it but i assure you id rather do 50000 damage to planes then to have to get the lucky last shot and that would be a more effective way of dice telling support hey shoot at planes

Frankly at this point once i unlock the low weight ill never shoot at another plane the tedious grind and bore trying to destroy two had already killed any incentives for me to continue to shoot at planes
  • dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea I think they were trying to get support players to help out against airplanes more, that's fine and would help a team quite a bit but most players will get so frustrated with this assignment they will never look up in the sky again
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    actually ,quite the opposite for me, I got both mine in one match ,camping the G flag on Sinai, granted I got lucky and had some dumb or inexperienced or both on the opposite team ,they kept flying low out toward G flag where there's usually not much action trying to repair their plane ,and I was waiting to ambush. but after the challenge ,it gave me a sense of payback ,considering how many times I've been crapped on by some 60-0 pilot from his "safety zone" . and makes me wanna shoot down more .