Modal Yodel - Scapegoat Service Assignment

Ecaidian
126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Is it just me, or did they run out of ideas when they implemented this specific Service Assignment?

Modal Yodel rewards the 'Scapegoat' perk to the Scout class upon completion;

"A decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 45 health by a distant enemy (30s cooldown)"

While this is only useful to your overwatch or non-ptfo Scouts, and thus something I'd likely never equip, the unlock requirements simply baffle me. Not only do they not relate to the perk in any way, but they are completely unintersting! This is probably the easiest Service Assignment to complete from a player skill point-of-view, but one of the longest time sinks to complete. If you are not aware;

- Destroy 40 Telegraphs
- Perform 50 kills from Behemoths
- Complete 25 rounds of Supply Drop
- Complete 15 rounds of Frontlines
- Win 10 rounds of Team Deathmatch
- Complete 25 rounds of War Pigeons

^ WTH is this?

Comments

• PhantomDJ
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. The best part of this assignment is Destroy 40 Telegraphs; this will require you to PTFO. The 2nd best is Perform 50 kills from Behemoths, which can be a lot of fun. The rest require nothing and you can get credit for joining a round that is almost over.
  • Astr0damus
    2534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Every time I read this thread title, my brain 'sees' : "Model Yoda"

l46088-sc4-yoda-66996.jpg
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I unlocked it. It's funny how you poop out a decoy every now and then.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This actually isn't that bad. The requirements are not very difficult in terms of skill. They simply require you to play the game as normal, and you'll end up eventually finishing them one by one.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think expecting 40 telegraph destroys is insane

I don't ever play rush, but for them to expect you to be the 1 guy out of your team that sets the bomb, and have it stay intact until detonation, AND THEN REPEAT THAT 40 TIMES, is too much.

Only applies on attacking since defusing doesn't count, so that even further lengthens the assignment
  • ShooterMcClure
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This assignment is ridiculous - was logged into servers under a different assignment. Had 5 servers playing "Rush" . I still needed to blow up 1600 telegraphs to be awarded "Modal Yodel" . Seeing an opportunity I quit and logged back in under my dear old friend "Modal Freakin' Eat My Shorts" - when I returned to the array of servers - whaddaya know - all the "Rush" matches are gone. Screw you BF1 - I don't have time for your mind games. I realize this post is completely unhelpful. I just hate "Modal Yodel" and saw an opportunity to dis.
  • Titan_Awaken
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This assignment is ridiculous - was logged into servers under a different assignment. Had 5 servers playing "Rush" . I still needed to blow up 1600 telegraphs to be awarded "Modal Yodel" . Seeing an opportunity I quit and logged back in under my dear old friend "Modal Freakin' Eat My Shorts" - when I returned to the array of servers - whaddaya know - all the "Rush" matches are gone. Screw you BF1 - I don't have time for your mind games. I realize this post is completely unhelpful. I just hate "Modal Yodel" and saw an opportunity to dis.

You are 1.5 years late to this thread, my friend.
  • CS-2107
    1525 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I also agree. The only hard part for this assignement is to find a populated server for the requested modes. For example supply drop is the assignement you have to skip, as there is no chance of you actually find 16 man to play this with you...
  • TruSake
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just played Rush, I planted and destroyed about 5 telegraphs in one match. (It showed I received points for planting it and destroying it) I ended up as MVP of the match. However, for whatever reason it only counted as 1 telegraph destroyed towards the assignment... I mean, wtf? Does it only count 1 per match no matter how many you do?