Perino 1908 appreciation thread

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Title explains it when i first unlocked it i thought why in the hell would i want a mercie benet with more rounds. Long story short its my favorite gun over my old fav the lewis it does kill a little slower but is more accurate plus the gun with the tripod is aesthetically pleasing. When lmgs hopefully get a damage buff im going to love this support mg even more. So the point of this thread is simple what do you guys think of it if you've used it?

Id say its based on playstyle as this gun with outgun a lot of weapons a mid range because its so accurate. I prefer the defensive cause i love the optics. And secondly if you havent tried it have i convinced you to a least give it a chance?

Comments

• huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hated it in the CTE. but after I unlocked it in the game, I decided to give it another try and I must say it has grown on me . I haven't got the defensive yet , but the low weight is quite nice, at medium/ long range it's very effective , at close range it may get outgunned quite a bit but the hipfire is suprisingly good.
  • CI-I13F
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    prefering it over parabellum in any scenario. like it . shotgun kind reload style helps a lot. its my opinion that i see it more useful than parabellum
    but ofc soon someone will drop here with gun statistics and will try to prove its primitive compared to parabellum. so yea...
  • Decikraytor_6
    I hated it in the CTE. but after I unlocked it in the game, I decided to give it another try and I must say it has grown on me . I haven't got the defensive yet , but the low weight is quite nice, at medium/ long range it's very effective , at close range it may get outgunned quite a bit but the hipfire is suprisingly good.

I thoight the defensive was gonna be terrible because i assumed it came with the suppresive variant scooe but the optical sight was a nice surprise and yeah it gets outgunned at close range but the only guns that have a better hipfire imo is the trench variants (of course) and the lewis

I just like the fact that i can top off as many rounds as i need and dont get killed reloading like on the other mgs
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its hard to say, Its low DPS lets me down a lot and is not really as flexible as the MG15 is.
    Will have to play with it more but i will say it is probably better than the Lewis and the Benet so that already puts it in the middle of the pack.

Supports is gaining more and more good weapons and has one of the best weapons in the game with the MG14 now.

One thing to note with the Perino LW is that the Bipod is really optional. Its almost as accurate standing.

But in reality there is too many good support weapons to choose from now with MG14 / BAR / Chauchat being the DPS kings and the MG15 still holding the title of most flexible MG overall IMO.

Perino seems like a niche weapon, But that's not really a bad thing as it does have some desirable positives.
    Its like if the Lewis and the BM had a baby and that baby ended up being straight better than its parents.

Personally, In a game that most firefights happen under 50m, The close range DPS kings will always shine a little brighter sadly.
  • Decikraytor_6
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Its hard to say, Its low DPS lets me down a lot and is not really as flexible as the MG15 is.
    Will have to play with it more but i will say it is probably better than the Lewis and the Benet so that already puts it in the middle of the pack.

Supports is gaining more and more good weapons and has one of the best weapons in the game with the MG14 now.

One thing to note with the Perino LW is that the Bipod is really optional. Its almost as accurate standing.

But in reality there is too many good support weapons to choose from now with MG14 / BAR / Chauchat being the DPS kings and the MG15 still holding the title of most flexible MG overall IMO.

Perino seems like a niche weapon, But that's not really a bad thing as it does have some desirable positives.
    Its like if the Lewis and the BM had a baby and that baby ended up being straight better than its parents.

Personally, In a game that most firefights happen under 50m, The close range DPS kings will always shine a little brighter sadly.

True but id say support overall has a lack of flexibility as every mg exceot the madsen bar and parabellum have 500 rpm or less thats a majority of the class so if its rpm was buffed to even 465-470 less then the lewis but more then the benet it would be its own thing
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

you're pretty much spot on , the standing ADS and bipod(well, actually it's a tripod) accuracy is barely even noticeable at least not on the LW variant ,unless its changed from the CTE the optical is a wee bit more noticeable., and it is a niche gun ,and somewhat situational. but not completely impossible to run n gun.
  • Temp1st

True but id say support overall has a lack of flexibility as every mg exceot the madsen bar and parabellum have 500 rpm or less thats a majority of the class so if its rpm was buffed to even 465-470 less then the lewis but more then the benet it would be its own thing

MG15 is good at pretty much any realistic range. It's DPS is just barely good enough to not get auto wrecked by everything close range,
    That combined with being a really impressive long range MG makes it very flexible. Jury is still out on what one is actually better at shooting down airplanes.. Perino with its very long sustained fire or MG15 with it's larger magazine better velocity and better min damage.

Although it is worth noting that Perino has a very fast velocity as well, It's just hard to compete with the 2nd fastest velocity in game with the MG15.
  • Decikraytor_6

MG15 is good at pretty much any realistic range. It's DPS is just barely good enough to not get auto wrecked by everything close range,
    That combined with being a really impressive long range MG makes it very flexible. Jury is still out on what one is actually better at shooting down airplanes.. Perino with its very long sustained fire or MG15 with it's larger magazine better velocity and better min damage.

Although it is worth noting that Perino has a very fast velocity as well, It's just hard to compete with the 2nd fastest velocity in game with the MG15.

I worded that porrly so i apologize for that i mean overall the support class has the mg15 the Madsen The Bar And now the parabellum if you hate reloding after every kill then your left with the mg15 and mg14/17 however it is noticeable that the other mgs are all situational the mg15 and mg14/17 beings the exceptions i dont mind that the perino shoots slower but having two mgs with the same rate of fire seems lazy despite the faster bullet velocity.

But to be fair i have a friend with 40 service stars on the benet mercie so you know to each his own
  • Temp1st
    edited September 2017
    I find myself reloading the MG14 pretty often after even 1 kill as those 100 bullets go pretty fast due to its high RPM. MG14 has a pretty lengthy reload as well depending on how far down the drum you are.
  • Decikraytor_6
    I noticed that too on the suppresive so i decided for close range id stick with the madsen for an overal weapon id used the mg15 and of course the perino is my other class frankly i like the parabellum but playing this game for 96 levels its not a gun i need if the mg14/17 had been released with the vanilla game or even as part of the french dlc (wouldnt make sense) id be more inclined to unlock the low weight varient but i already have my 3 mgs and for the moment i think unless they add another unexpectedly cool lmg im set for bf1
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In general the details and reload animation of the weapons is incredible to look at.

But i also love the perino and specially that reload rarrr pew pew 102 bullets left 2 shots then reload.

Also one of the reasons i really like Bodeo 1889 and similar revolvers, sure its slow reloading but the reload looks so great.
  • Decikraytor_6
    wiazabi wrote: »
    In general the details and reload animation of the weapons is incredible to look at.

But i also love the perino and specially that reload rarrr pew pew 102 bullets left 2 shots then reload.

Also one of the reasons i really like Bodeo 1889 and similar revolvers, sure its slow reloading but the reload looks so great.

We think alike lol i would have said sexy cause thats exactly how the perino looks especially with the kopparhed skin but aesthetically pleasing seemed more appropriate since it is a weapon of taste