Revive BF2 / BF 2142 / BF Heroes

Coffeecup132
542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited September 2017
Greetings forumfielders.

First of all, thank you for the incredible support that you have given to the Revive Network in keeping the three beloved BF games still alive: Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 & Battlefield Heroes (a new addition which is still being worked on).

Edit:
(This post is edited a few hours after I posted this promotion thread, when the leader of Revive banished me from the community).

I have been promoting Revive on this forum (and the old battlelog) since 2015, and also one of its many donors. Revive is currently headed by a new leader, and due to some of my constructive criticisms (and request for transparency of usage of donated funds), I (along with a lot of the ex-admins/moderators who have served well to contribute to the Revive network), have been banished.

Therefore, this post will be my last promotion post for Revive.

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all the admins & moderators of the previous Battlelog and the current Battlefield.com forums for so kindly allowing me to promote the Revive network here since 2015.

Thank you.
Post edited by Coffeecup132 on

Comments

• DIRTYGreeny
    659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Thanks so much for your work on the revive project and keeping these amazing games alive (the foundations of the games we are playing mostly today). Its a shame that there has been issues for you guys.
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2017
    Thanks so much for your work on the revive project and keeping these amazing games alive (the foundations of the games we are playing mostly today). Its a shame that there has been issues for you guys.

Thank you for your kind words!
    My contribution is miniscule compared to some who were banished earlier (for wanting to discuss improvements) from the Revive project .

Revive is a great community. I hope more and more people will hop on to enjoy playing these old BF classics.
    The ones spoiling the vibe and hastening its demise are just the few.

Enjoy playing but I would advice to stay away from the forums, do not report/constructively advice technical issues, and do not donate (at least not yet). Reasons for all these are given in the next post ->
    Post edited by Coffeecup132 on
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2017
    Summary: Advice for people playing BF2, BF2142 & BF Heroes on the Revive network:

1) Enjoy playing the games which are available for free

2) Don't expect much from the forums - the most hardworking and efficient moderator in charge of troubleshooting have been banished. Also, at the time of writing, you are not allowed to even edit your posts (plus other restrictions).

3) If there are any technical issues with the network, just put up with it and do not complain - some people have been banished from the community for merely reporting that the servers were laggy.

4) The leader of Revive is always evading from showing evidence of how the donor's money has been utilized (he will usually say "actually it has been shown before etc etc..."), even after repeated requests from many donors, whom contributed donations to help improve the service, but eventually did not see these improvements being made. Persistence in asking about these have resulted in banishment of donors themselves. So, refrain from donating because you wouldn't want your money and credit card details to be given to people with these shady traits.

As long as you remember these, you can enjoy playing with little or no complications! :)