How effective is the inconspicuous perk?

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So i posted this for 2 reasons

1. I wanted to see how well people are liking or disliking the perk for those who have unlocked it.
2. I want some salty scouts to statt whining so i may take joy in their misery

Personally this perk and smoke grenades have made getting picked off at long range a thing of the past.

But how do you guys feel about it?

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just like I thought 99% of people are running default specs

so really it's just the same mountain out of nothing like usual from scout mains

I haven't seen any reason for flares to have no counter, but said counter still isn't being widely utilized or really run at all. Because the default range of specs is good and people can't be bothered
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think anyone uses it. Or if they do, they don't know how to use it properly.
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's meh. Not enough scouts use the flares, or if they do know what to do with them.
    There are a few maps that it can have some very specific uses like rushing C on Argonne, but even then using hasty over it is way better.
    Plus why would you not use Flak or anti-suppression?
  • gsenjou1193
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Pretty irrelevant from what I've seen, as 99.9% of people won't even unlock it.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's broken op. This in combo with quick unspot is basically cheating

Rip scout flares; the campers won
  • CI-I13F
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well sometimes useful sometimes not

it only works when moving while ADS or crouch moving. Normal walk doesnt trigger it.
  • Decikraytor_6
    Syzzix wrote: »
    It's meh. Not enough scouts use the flares, or if they do know what to do with them.
    There are a few maps that it can have some very specific uses like rushing C on Argonne, but even then using hasty over it is way better.

I traded out the minus 25% perk for inconspicuous because in my playstyle as support i bipod regularly and now when a spot flare is near i can crouch or go prone and if the scout gets within range i can kill him without him even knowing i was there from the spot flare

Also i do agree not many scouts run flares but i did see a few recently running the trench periscope
  • Phthinein
    3643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I traded out the minus 25% perk for inconspicuous because in my playstyle as support i bipod regularly and now when a spot flare is near i can crouch or go prone and if the scout gets within range i can kill him without him even knowing i was there from the spot flare

Also i do agree not many scouts run flares but i did see a few recently running the trench periscope

The bipod is a decent reason to get rid of it, I personally dont use it because if I'm getting shot at it means I'm probably dead because I tend to only get shot at by groups.
    I traded it for hasty retreat, which helps me a bit more.
    The idea behind it isn't bad, and on paper its downright overpowered, a term you rarely hear me say, but there are a ton of issues with it, mainly that it's incredibly situational, if not the most situational perk out of the bunch.
    I can really only see a few flags on a few maps that it would help as most flags will be crowded with both teams, and if you back cap its most likely just going to be a single scout that runs to you, and most likely, you'll kill them because its a scout.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I use it, thing is there's not 2 many flares. At least it keeps the mortars off you...
  • Phthinein
    It promotes camping, which is the main reason I didn't like it on the first place.

The guy who doesn't want to get spotted camps in a corner, while the Scout camps in a hill because he knows his flares aren't that useful to PTFO.

Well, at least that would be the case if anyone used it. 90% of the players can't be bothered to grind assignments to get perks which they are not even interested in.
    Just as I expected, DICE has put their efforts once again on something not wanted, not needed, and not interesting.

People kept moaning on reddit about how flares were OP and had no counter.
    It was wanted. But now the only reliable gadget on scout has a counter which causes less of them to be used.
    Its just like how frags and rifle/crossbow grenades are almost pointless because flak exists.
  • Decikraytor_6
    Funnt thing is i always wanted something like it because i hated being behind enemy lines for my squad to spawn on me to take an objective. And a stray spot flare comes out of nowhere thens its thay awkward moment where 50 guus start shooting at you. I never like to stay still unless i have low health otherwise I have people to shoot and ammo to dish out
  • Phthinein
    It promotes camping, which is the main reason I didn't like it on the first place.

The guy who doesn't want to get spotted camps in a corner, while the Scout camps in a hill because he knows his flares aren't that useful to PTFO.

Well, at least that would be the case if anyone used it. 90% of the players can't be bothered to grind assignments to get perks which they are not even interested in.
    Just as I expected, DICE has put their efforts once again on something not wanted, not needed, and not interesting.

People kept moaning on reddit about how flares were OP and had no counter.
    It was wanted. But now the only reliable gadget on scout has a counter which causes less of them to be used.
    Its just like how frags and rifle/crossbow grenades are almost pointless because flak exists.

I meant the whole idea of perks was not wanted. Well, at least on the communities I'm part of.

What annoys me is that we shouldn't be having this kind of stuff almost a year after launch. Things were fine in BF1, those who complained before are still complaining about something else, and they will be complaining too when the next BF arrives.

But perks, assignments, a WHOLE rework for the weapons, that "Revolution" thing... it's almost a joke. Looks like DICE doesn't even know what to do with their own game at this point.

Blame reddit.
    All of this was voted for over there.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Inconspicuous perk is, well, inconspicuous.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    doesn't work in hc so. it's worthless to me
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just like I thought 99% of people are running default specs

so really it's just the same mountain out of nothing like usual from scout mains

I haven't seen any reason for flares to have no counter, but said counter still isn't being widely utilized or really run at all. Because the default range of specs is good and people can't be bothered

Default specs are being used because the amount of time it takes to unlock the more advance perks. I mean you have to complete 3 class focus challenges, then you need to unlock the perk challenges of which some of those challenges are completely stupid and very difficult to do. It's almost as if the developers don't want you getting these perks or only wants a select few to have them. Most players don't even bother with the challenges because of the pure frustration it causes. While at the same time players are trying to get the challenges, but it takes awhile to get them completed.
  • karpannahka
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play scout mostly. Using a marksman as to not have scope glint. Not exactly a camper, but do stay above objectives to see enemies trying to capture them. With the inconspicuous perk, i can help my team play the objective by sniping enemies trying to flank them without getting spotted. Spot flares around the objective and they can see where they are coming from. I never understood why people complain about scouts not going to the objective. That's not what a scout is supposed to do! Many times have I saved my squad from being flanked by taking out several enemies from a distance. I don't need points that come from taking objectives. This way I am much more of an asset to my squad and team, especially now that it is less easy to spot me. Many may disagree, but usually just the ones salty from being picked off by a scout. I really am a team player, believe it or not...
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I use it on all my classes now as I'm very often doing these long flanks ending up alone on a flag. Seems to work pretty well. I used to play scout and do exactly the 'spawn in - flare - eliminate' back cappers but I have not played much scout lately as I'm service starring the new weapons and started with the other classes. (Need to get them in par with scout as I played it a lot to get service star on the gas trip mine.) So I have op idea if it has affected that play much.