This Week in Battlefield V

would really like an expanation of the MG14 reload mechanics??

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
now i have seen if you fire less than 20 rounds ,your character just pulls the old reel off and replaces it. however , if more than 20 shots are fired ,he may only spin it once or may spinit 2-3 times before replacing it. it seems to have something to do with # of shots fired . can anyone 'splain to me how it works?

Comments

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The reload depends on how much of the belt has passed through the weapon.

At this time I think the first overheat is the best time to reload

You have your replace entire drum
    Roll up drum and replace
    Pull belt and replace

Bascially the more you fire the longer the reload (unless it's an empty reload)
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It uses a non-disintegrating belt, meaning it doesn't fall apart after passing through the action, that is wrapped around a sort of "spool." So, when so much of the belt has passed through the ejection port, your character spins the "spool" to reel the belt back in. DICE put a good bit of attention to detail with most of the ITNOTT guns.

The other belt-fed machine guns seem to be animated with disintegrating belts, which I don't believe is period-accurate.
  • huricanechuck
    thank you for that explanation . so , basically my shortest reload time would either be less than 20 rounds or empty?
  • TheGM86
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thank you for that explanation . so , basically my shortest reload time would either be less than 20 rounds or empty?

just empty the thing into enemies.
  • huricanechuck
    TheGM86 wrote: »

just empty the thing into enemies.

LOL that's usually what i do .
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love the new LMGs in this Russian expansion:

- One is basically a bullet-firing old timey movie projector. You even have to "be kind and rewind" the empty belt when reloading.
    - The other has a big box that you pretty much just slap bullets into. It made me think of Roadhog's gun in Overwatch: https://i.imgur.com/GnPU7mO.gif