Is that the enemy or a team mate?

misisipiRivrRat
807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Since the update and new dlc I'm having a bit of trouble seeing the colors of players at distance. No problem close up. But further away and its hard to see blue for teammates or red for enemy. Guess for now its better to shoot first and ask questions later!

Comments

• VarmintKong
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look at the shape. Circle for friendly, diamond for enemy.
  • Banankos
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Since the update and new dlc I'm having a bit of trouble seeing the colors of players at distance. No problem close up. But further away and its hard to see blue for teammates or red for enemy. Guess for now its better to shoot first and ask questions later!

Fortunately for me, I only play on servers with the Friendly Fire option turned off. Still, I've lately kinda noticed the issue you've brought up as well.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'll have to fire up the game and check that out.
  • Sunderbrass
    163 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, now the symbols actually look grey at a distance regardless of if they're friend of foe. Maybe when DICE adds in the ability to turn of chromatic aberration we can make the grey go away.
  • misisipiRivrRat

Enemies are indeed triangles, thanks. But I still feel things look different. Just harder for me at least to see the difference between teammates and enemies at long distance. I normally run support.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Enemies are indeed triangles, thanks. But I still feel things look different. Just harder for me at least to see the difference between teammates and enemies at long distance. I normally run support.

Its too similar for me to tell also.. I see above about the different shapes but still cant tell. To many times I find myself trying to shoot down an friendly plane.. Only to have them very closely cross my path and see its blue..
  • HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I find it harder to distinguish enemies from friendlies on the snow maps than other maps. Especially at longer ranges because it's not that easy to see the difference of diamond and circle shape.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Deal Death to Doritos, Protect Poker Chips
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I changed my view on this and would like to give you a big thanks... You helped me tremendously by pointing out enemy vs friendly icon shapes.. World of difference in game now..
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Is it the itnott maps somehow if so say thanks to heavy dose of chromatic aberration.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    Customizable icons for enemies and friendlies would help solve this. I don't much care for the present all pale blues, by the time I've figured out it was a round shape and not a diamond I've already lined up and taken a shot.

Yes I shoot at that range without a scope.
  • badhooverdog
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You could change the icon colours, see if that helps.