ok ,DICE ,have you decided yet on the gun balance changes.

2»

Comments

• MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @huricanechuck

1. "Most" people did not agree, there was a thread on it and there was a huge division on it. Myself and others were mixed on the situation.

2. I'm not reading anything from @Loqtrall that "Twisted" your words. You asked for an explanation and everyone else above gave you one. Gun balance, especially on a FPS is huge deal. The last thing you want is a broken mess while further out raging the community.

3. This is the gun balance chart that they proposed: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6xftc8/september_weapon_balance_update/

Please tell me that you don't see anything wrong with this.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @huricanechuck

1. "Most" people did not agree, there was a thread on it and there was a huge division on it. Myself and others were mixed on the situation.

2. I'm not reading anything from @Loqtrall that "Twisted" your words. You asked for an explanation and everyone else above gave you one. Gun balance, especially on a FPS is huge deal. The last thing you want is a broken mess while further out raging the community.

3. This is the gun balance chart that they proposed: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/6xftc8/september_weapon_balance_update/

apparrently you haven't read all my post . so until you do . no comment.
  • huricanechuck
    @huricanechuck

i take that back , i do have one more . my post was basically asking if they are going to put it in the game and if so what timeframe can we expect? i wasn't trying to start a debate over wether or not it should be implemented ,which it was twisted into. and when i and several other people tried it in the CTE ,MOST of us .not all, felt like it would be a good change(if done properly ) and if you had read all my posts (which you obviously didn't) no , i don't think all the guns need a damage buff. the little chart you posted i've seen a dozen times and yes some of those changes don't need to be in the game.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only looked at the Jackfrags video about this. When I went into CTE it was pretty much empty (and I went there mainly to test the lag issue).

To me it seems like all upside down. Buffing the sprayguns in general ... why? These are already the easiest guns to play. The Hellriegel getting buffed wtf? and BAR, are you joking? To me it would be logical if all these guns were tuned down rather than buffed.

Also, I'd prefer to play a month or so with the lag issues solved to get a better picture about how things really are. Now we have all these lag effects in play that makes everything awkward and inconsistent.
  • full951
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they should open cte to non premium players. no one is playing it much anyway, it might even get non premium players to buy premium if they get to try out new weapons , get to like them , then they can take it away making them buy premium ... crap. that's counter productive to our ultimate goal of a premiumless model.
  • huricanechuck
    edited September 2017
    olavafar wrote: »
    I only looked at the Jackfrags video about this. When I went into CTE it was pretty much empty (and I went there mainly to test the lag issue).

To me it seems like all upside down. Buffing the sprayguns in general ... why? These are already the easiest guns to play. The Hellriegel getting buffed wtf? and BAR, are you joking? To me it would be logical if all these guns were tuned down rather than buffed.

Also, I'd prefer to play a month or so with the lag issues solved to get a better picture about how things really are. Now we have all these lag effects in play that makes everything awkward and inconsistent.

which i completely agree the BAR (and some others don't need the buff) as much as i love my new MG14 , it would be ridiculous with a damage buff. and the hellriegal ,,,,,, i won't even go there. but guns like the lewis gun sure felt good in the CTE not having to spray an enemy 20m away with half of your 47 round mag to drop him.
  • huricanechuck
    full951 wrote: »
    they should open cte to non premium players. no one is playing it much anyway, it might even get non premium players to buy premium if they get to try out new weapons , get to like them , then they can take it away making them buy premium ... crap. that's counter productive to our ultimate goal of a premiumless model.

that doesn't sound so bad . i know quite a few who wanted to get in on it but missed the boat . perhaps they should consider having another open enrollment.
  • olavafar
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On the CTE population issue, I think most CTE 'testers go there only when there is new contents. Just testing some fixes is not that interesting for most. So sure, I think they need everyone they can get on the CTE. It is not like it is overpopulated in any way (and they only have a fixed number of servers so it is self limiting). Personally I'd have no problem what so ever if I went there and there was no place on a server. I'd just play the ordinary game instead. Now I get there mostly too see that there are just a few players on any server so I anyway will leave for the official servers.
  • xKusagamix
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Medic in BC2, BF3, BF4 always have powerful guns to use in Close to Mid range, which make the most sense since they're the class that firstly need to protect themselves in a close situation and then reviving/healing teammate.
    And now we stuck with SLRs, average automatic guns, buffing accuracy and decrease recoil on those guns even push the Medic class further away from being useful. With the decrease TTK with Support/Assault guns, why i am even risk my life to revive teammate anyway since its already painful to encounter Support and Assault in CQC.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Maybe they are still thinking about how to make the real ww1 weapons (bolt-actions and semi-automatic rifles) not completly useless. The update clearly lacks some between class balance. Medics can't do their job anymore and their weapons have already a hard time competing with Hellriegels and BARs, but with this update there is no way in the world you beat these guns now.