How does this make sense?

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So for the parabellum assignment requires support players to destroy 2 planes and that was dice supposed to be sutely hinting at aupport players to fire at aircraft rather then use aa guns

Then why the hell Dont lmgs do any damage against the airship behemoth seriously its like saying here ahoot at planes but by the way for a real threat you still have to use aa guns and its even worse that the tsar dlc maps dont havr many aa guns so wtf DICE you want us to shoot at aircraft or not?

Comments

• CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The LMGs do no damage against the air ship, because it has armor. While planes consits of wood and paper, the Zepplin consists of steel and metal.
  • Confucius_o_
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    The LMGs do no damage against the air ship, because it has armor. While planes consits of wood and paper, the Zepplin consists of steel and metal.

Zeps were made of led.
    Joke*

They were made of a rubber like cotton at least the big resovoir was.

’'''''''''''''''______###£££££#

Anyway, it's not always to difficult to shoot the gunners out the zeppelins with lmg's.
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Id say that bombers giving no damage markers to the perino, lewis and huot at range is more infuriating.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Id say that bombers giving no damage markers to the perino, lewis and huot at range is more infuriating.

If it weren't for such immunity, the Perino M1908 would have been one of the best bets for shooting down planes, as it has the highest overheat threshold combined with very low recoil. As it is right meow, the MG 15 n.A. is the best choice.
  • CS-2107
    Teh_Next wrote: »

Zeps were made of led.
    Joke*

Anyway, it's not always to difficult to shoot the gunners out the zeppelins with lmg's.

The outer part, but the inner part that protects the "fuel" of the airship is armored. Most of the times bomber airships where completly perforated but mainly undamaged.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2017
    And could you post a site that shows the gas bags were armored. Gas cells were rather large and putting "armor" around them to protect them from bullets would be way to heavy.

Or was the fuel to run the engines armored?
    Post edited by BGHFlakjacket on
  • Confucius_o_
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017

Zeps were made of led.
    Joke*

The outer part, but the inner part that protects the "fuel" of the airship is armored. Most of the times bomber airships where completly perforated but mainly undamaged.

The fuel?
    Do you mean the petrol that fuelled the props or do you mean the hydrogen that kept it in the air?
  • Decikraytor_6
    Theroretically even though planes are amde from wood and paper they would still have a metal engine

In order to destroy the plane you would assume the engine is shot through

Plus its a known fact bullets can peirce engines

Still this doesnt make sense especially considering that a giant ballon cant be popped by rounds that would rip a human to shreds
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Theroretically even though planes are amde from wood and paper they would still have a metal engine

Still this doesnt make sense especially considering that a giant ballon cant be popped by rounds that would rip a human to shreds

If these airships would be vulnerable to small arms fire, I wonder why they were considered to be devastating in WW1. I've read reports of soldiers absolutely panicking when just one airship arrived, and it took years before they could effectively take it down - even aircraft had trouble with them before they developed the ammunition to deal with them.

No Behemoth is vulnerable to small arms fire in this game, so it would be a bit odd to allow this gigantic, slow moving balloon to be susceptible to normal infantry weapons. It wouldn't last for even a minute.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Or you could shoot their wings off.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One of the best anti behemoth weapons is the emplacement HMG which isn't that far off from an LMG. They could do 1 or 2 points of chip damage.
  • Confucius_o_
    edited September 2017

If these airships would be vulnerable to small arms fire, I wonder why they were considered to be devastating in WW1. I've read reports of soldiers absolutely panicking when just one airship arrived, and it took years before they could effectively take it down - even aircraft had trouble with them before they developed the ammunition to deal with them.

No Behemoth is vulnerable to small arms fire in this game, so it would be a bit odd to allow this gigantic, slow moving balloon to be susceptible to normal infantry weapons. It wouldn't last for even a minute.

I don't think they were considered 'devastating' at all. They were pretty much ineffective and after only 50 bombing raids over The United Kingdom they were dropped. Their initial use had a psychological and struck fear into the populace, granted, but that was more to do with the concept of targeted strategic bombing, a whole new branch of warfare. They had to fly too high and and at night to avoid artillery and were at the mercy of the winds with bombing raids missing their targets more often than hitting them.

And the 'ammunition' that was developed was more in the way of a dropped projectile called an Aerial Anti Zeppelin Ranken Exploding Dart in 1915, which was dropped off the side of a biplane as the pilot flew over the top of the airship and leaned over.

Just one year later In 1916 a British pilot by the name of William Robinson effectively targeted an airship with incendiary bullets knowing the could ignite the hydrogen, he was successful and was awarded the VC for his valiancy. The same year the German command abandoned airships.

• CS-2107

Zeps were made of led.
    Joke*

The fuel?
    Do you mean the petrol that fuelled the props or do you mean the hydrogen that kept it in the air?

The hydrogen that kept it in the air. I couldn't remember the correct word for this.
  • Decikraytor_6

I thought k bullets did damage to behemoths though maybe im wrong but that would classify as small arms fire
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I thought k bullets did damage to behemoths though maybe im wrong but that would classify as small arms fire

They do a very small amount of damage.
  • Decikraytor_6

They do a very small amount of damage.

Exactly i wouldnt mind if lmg bullets did half of one damage rather then none but whatever
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I even once sunk a dreadnought with a k-bullet. Was actually missing a tank and the bullet continued and got the kill :)

• Decikraytor_6

I even once sunk a dreadnought with a k-bullet. Was actually missing a tank and the bullet continued and got the kill :)

I can believe it ive gotten lucky kills on tanks with the HE crossbow since it only does 8 damage i didnt expect much nonetheless i got a kill lol
  • theONEFORCE

I can believe it ive gotten lucky kills on tanks with the HE crossbow since it only does 8 damage i didnt expect much nonetheless i got a kill lol

If I'm near a tank I'll throw everything explosive I have at it. Worst case scenario I help bring it down and best case I get the kill.
  • Decikraytor_6

If I'm near a tank I'll throw everything explosive I have at it. Worst case scenario I help bring it down and best case I get the kill.

Same thats why i use the incindiary grenade it does over time damage to the tank so they cant repair giving assaults enough time to spam explosives