Some Basic Questions about Xbox One Server I just Rented

Gamera1967
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Just rented an Xbox One Server for BF1 for 30 days to test it out. I only have 5 maps in rotation on Conquest (for now). I changed the ticket count to 200% and vehicle spawn to 50%... Some questions: 1. Does that mean my server will NOT be joined by people doing a Quick Match into Conquest? Do you have to leave the settings to default to have your server in the Quick Match pool of servers? 2. Can I Reserve Slots in my server, if so how? Can I kick people, if so, how? 3. Can I change what the next map will be on the fly? I have a PC as well, is there a server program I can use to customize the server more than I can on my Xbox One? 4. What do I do or not do, to help the chances of my server being full on a regular basis?

Comments

• CrashCA
    852 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Will try to answer,
    1.) Some claim once you have the 20 player needed to start a round, QM will feed your server. Default settings may get QM faster - EA has not provided much (any) info on how this works.
    2.) You can set Mods (admin) and VIP from the Server Browser prior to entering a server. Once in browser, click on Your Server, right click three dots and select Configure. (Note, I have PC version)
    3.) NO to both
    4.) Best bet is to not change anything (Default settings), which kind of defeats the purpose of renting a server.
  • Gamera1967
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks for the answers! I am wondering if I did a 24/7 on 1 map, if it would fill up for those people that just want to play that map over and over. Having 5 maps like I do might not stand out enough, If I have all the maps, what is the point, like you said?
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2017
    5 maps can be done but all 5 maps have to be in the servername. I search for map names in the server browser at "filter by name..." box.

best indeed is 1 popular map , for vanilla maps that would be amiens or sinai , and for dlc1 fort de vaux. Dont knwo if any of dlc2 can have a stand alone server maybe tsaritsyn.

1. Does that mean my server will NOT be joined by people doing a Quick Match into Conquest? Do you have to leave the settings to default to have your server in the Quick Match pool of servers?
    Yes it won't be in the quickmatch if you do that 200 and 50%, but even with default settings there is a difference between offical servers and rented servers. For rented you only get traffic after you have 20 players in your server, for official dice servers that is totally different ... test it by going into an empty officla server inthe morning it will fill up to 64 in 5 to 10minutes. But i have no problem with this, if they would give quickmatch traffic below 20 palyers to rsp servers then a craxy person can make a giant shadow 247 server - it is the least favorite vanilla map in votemap.

Important to know, the only "custom" thing you can do - so be different then official dice servers - and still be fully quickmatch worthy, is that single map 24/7. And then i get to see this in chat on my server after a round .... what? no votemap and what again quentin scar. And then he almost always get the nasty reply of : "didnt you read the server name when you joined" from 1 of the other players. But that palyer doesnt know that this player just pressed quickmatch.

2. Can I Reserve Slots in my server, if so how? Can I kick people, if so, how?
    this question i answered here where you also asked it https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/113110/banlist-hardcapped-limit-ceiling-of-100-names-i-am-getting-worried-i-am-at-edit-80/p2

3. Can I change what the next map will be on the fly? I have a PC as well, is there a server program I can use to customize the server more than I can on my Xbox One?
    no on both things

4. What do I do or not do, to help the chances of my server being full on a regular basis?
    i know of only 1 pc server that fills itself without the owner doing anything, but the rest we all need between 2 and 4 players / idlers / friends in our servers to attract other players and in that way fill it up. I personally have even 6.
    And it helps a lot if you fill the server at axactly the same time each day, then fans will join and help at the same time. When i wake up and go to my server it is always empty - or has 1 player waiting ... actually a friend - i put in my 6 and today within 9 !!!! minutes it went from 6 to 20, the day before it in 11minutes. And that is 100% sure only because i go into my server at 8.15am amsterdam / paris time (=7.15uk = 2.15NY = 23.15LA) each and everyday. So 6 so how come i say 2 to 4, well i help other servers after i amd one with my server, but i play with 1 that leaves 5 and i keep 1 as reserve to spectate mys erver at any momnet that leaves 4, and sometimes i have to go out the door and then i just do 3 server with each 2 in it and leave my pcs running while i am out the door and when i come home they all started but that 2 is only with known servers i mean servers that are normally full and known by the community.

p.s. my server is in europe conquest on pc 24/7 quentin scar, it is the 4th map in the votemap vanilla popularity list > 1 amiens or sinai , 2 see1 , 3 ballroom blitz , 4 st quentin scar , 5 monte grappa , 6 empire's edge , 7 argonne or suez , 8 see7 , 9 fao fortress , 10 giant's shadow. (i know this top10 because i wrote down 200 votemap results to see which map was the most wanted by the community, for example i would never have expected ballroom blitz to be the number 3).
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on