Weekly BF

[Suggestion] Class limit per squad

Granathar
249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 2017
Everybody is arguing about limiting number of snipers. Yeah, I can feel that sometimes there are just too many snipers on certain maps and that makes other classes basically unplayable. My suggestion is that we should consider overall diversity. Any class in excess is making other classes unplayable on certain maps and in certain situations. So maybe we should do just one simple thing and limit any class to 2 within the single squad? Why would we need 5 medics, 5 supports, 5 assaults, 5 recons or 5 pilots/drivers in every squad? On CQC maps it would be 2 assault / 2 support / 1 medic probably as optimal loadout. On large snipingfest maps like 2 recons / 2 supports / 1 medic probably. It does not cure the cancer completely, but we can actually predict the maximum amount of any class in the game.

For example 64 player map has 6 full squads per side + one squad with 2 players. So maximum amount of any class is 12+2 = 14. 14 of anything per side is pretty damn lot anyway (nearly half of the team), but you would not have like 20 snipers per side.

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People can play without squads too and that would be what you'd see, less and less actual squads.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're trying to cure something that isn't a sickness. The problem in my experience starts with one team being much better than the other team, which on narrow maps with few vehicles and/or no planes like Suez and Brusilov Keep means one team is being pushed back into their base. In this scenario what class is superior? The CQB class or the OHK headshot class? Is it really that hard to guess why people switch over to scout after getting shot by the enemies entire team when trying to reach CQB distance?
    -
    This situation is created regardless if you've got too many bad scouts or too many bad assault players when the other team has better players of whatever class. If you check the statistics on BTR you'll find that we got overall more assault players than scouts. Does this mean we need to put a limit to the assault class? I think not.
    -
    If you actually start counting classes when you're in this situation you'll see an unusually large amount of both scouts and medics. The medics in this situation can get points from revives and heals as well as having a mid-range weapon. I already made it clear why scout is good in this situation. The only reason I can see for the blatant scout-bashing that is going on is that many players find it annoying to die to a scout, don't wanna learn how to counter-play them and use every chance they get to complain about it. Most maps have plenty of opportunity to use cover, smoke grenades and movement to avoid getting killed by these "bad hill humping scouts" we see people complaining about.
    -
    If you wanna add class limit options to the rented servers I have no issue. But it will not solve the issue you're bringing up.
  • rock1obsta
    3812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any limit will be bad. It won't stop there. What's next, limit the amount of guns allowable per match? Gadgets? Ridiculous, right?
    It's a slippery slope.
    There's gotta be a different way
  • Granathar
    edited September 2017
    EA, you better approve my comment because I am becoming REALLY mad about this forum politics. You hide my comment and disallow me to edit it because of some key word in the text, it goes straight to the waste bin without any chance to react from my side. And then things are not approved at all because nobody cares about it. I spent over 10 minutes writing god damn comment TWICE and it disappears only because of ONE word that needs your merciful acceptation. At least give me a chance to edit this for God's sake. It really makes writing on this forum a very painful experience, I'm not even suprised why people speak so lowly about EA.

Programming is not really hard, I'm programmer myself. Do you know that you can warn the user that certain word will need acceptation from the moderator? Do you know that you can highlight that word? Do you know that you may make the user AGREE so his post goes to moderator because it's controversial in some way? Do you know that your moderators can be spared from lots of this dirty work? Hiding the post completely and disallowing user to "redeem" himself is SO stupid that I actually can't believe I found such solution for this problem in real life. Unbelievable, really. So if any mod is reading this - please, give this suggestion to some people above, because your censorship policy right now is so stupid and ineffective that it makes me cry.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    EA, you better approve my comment because I am becoming REALLY mad about this forum politics. You hide my comment and disallow me to edit it because of some key word in the text, it goes straight to the waste bin without any chance to react from my side. And then things are not approved at all because nobody cares about it. I spent over 10 minutes writing god damn comment TWICE and it disappears only because of ONE word that needs your merciful acceptation. At least give me a chance to edit this for God's sake. It really makes writing on this forum a very painful experience, I'm not even suprised why people speak so lowly about EA.

Programming is not really hard, I'm programmer myself. Do you know that you can warn the user that certain word will need acceptation from the moderator? Do you know that you can highlight that word? Do you know that you may make the user AGREE so his post goes to moderator because it's controversial in some way? Do you know that your moderators can be spared from lots of this dirty work? Hiding the post completely and disallowing user to "redeem" himself is SO stupid that I actually can't believe I found such solution for this problem in real life. Unbelievable, really. So if any mod is reading this - please, give this suggestion to some people above, because your censorship policy right now is so stupid and ineffective that it makes me cry.
    Wow...
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There doesn't need to be any limits.
    You're trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist imo.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You appear to have overreacted quite significantly here.

The reason why your post probably disappeared is due to a spam filter implemented in this forum. If you have too many posts in a short amount of time, or edit a comment too quickly after posting it, the post gets automatically deleted. A post will not be deleted if it contains a certain word; instead, the message will be posted, but the offensive word (whatever the moderators have decided upon) will be censored.

Yes, this is annoying, but it has nothing to do with what you have written. Its a poorly written spam filter, not some grand political conspiracy like the one you are alluding to.

Next time, space out your posts between, say, a few minutes. If you see something you want to edit right after you've posted it (I know that feeling, trust me), wait at least 10 minutes before editing it. If you believe that a post has been removed due to the spam filter, you can contact a moderator, such as @LOLGotYerTags, though I doubt they'd help you with that kind of attitude.
  • Granathar

Nope, it's the third time.

the message will be posted, but the offensive word (whatever the moderators have decided upon) will be censored.

Nope, it said it will appear after it's accepted. And I'm still waiting.
    Yes, this is annoying

This is completely ridiculous rather than annoying. I see such thing for the first time in my life.
    grand political conspiracy like the one you are alluding to

It's normal thing that some forum disallows swearing or something. But instead of going straight to moderator, you should be warned which words are not allowed and will involve moderator.
    Next time, space out your posts between, say, a few minutes. If you see something you want to edit right after you've posted it (I know that feeling, trust me), wait at least 10 minutes before editing it.

Another ridiculous thing I encountered here for the first time of my life. I use forums for like 13 years now. This is the first time I cannot edit my post right away because filter will delete it!
    that kind of attitude.

That kind of attitude is a result of things being seriously broken. It was THREE times that forum informed me that my post will appear after it's accepted. NONE of these posts were accepted, because nobody cares probably. Now who started to have that kind of attitude?

• Granathar

I absolutely disagree.
    The reason why your post probably disappeared is due to a spam filter implemented in this forum. If you have too many posts in a short amount of time, or edit a comment too quickly after posting it, the post gets automatically deleted. A post will not be deleted if it contains a certain word; instead, the message will be posted, but the offensive word (whatever the moderators have decided upon) will be censored.

So someone is lying to me:
    https://imgur.com/a/Jsqop

This is what I see every time I edit a post. NONE of my posts were accepted. I DEMAND these posts to appear.
    Next time, space out your posts between, say, a few minutes. If you see something you want to edit right after you've posted it (I know that feeling, trust me), wait at least 10 minutes before editing it

I use forums for 13 years and this is the first one with post editing being so completely broken. I am amazed actually.
    I doubt they'd help you with that kind of attitude.
    [/quote
    That kind of attitude was created by informing me FOUR times that my post will appear after approval, and it DIDN'T appear, because probably it states false information and nobody even tries to approve it. It's not me who started with that attitude.
  • Granathar
    And I cannot edit this post now, so you will have to deal with broken quotes and other things, because I am unwilling to take the risk of my post being deleted AGAIN with message that it will appear after it's accepted. What a wonderful forum!
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    And I cannot edit this post now, so you will have to deal with broken quotes and other things, because I am unwilling to take the risk of my post being deleted AGAIN with message that it will appear after it's accepted. What a wonderful forum!

Don't edit straight away and it won't disappear, just leave it a minute.
  • Granathar
    edited September 2017
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Now tell me - why is post getting COMPLETELY deleted without ANY sort of warning? Message like that should appear:

"Please wait for xx more seconds before you post another message!"

And now I know that I will have to wait 1 or 2 minutes until I click "Post Comment". It also should not delete text from editor. But no, it forces me to play russian roulette with internal anti spam timer while providing me false information that some kind of moderator actually reads it and it will appear after it's approved.

It's so badly done on so many levels that I still cannot believe this.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Granathar he is right tho...
    It is the spamfilter.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

Now tell me - why is post getting COMPLETELY deleted without ANY sort of warning? Message like that should appear:

"Please wait for xx more seconds before you post another message!"

And now I know that I will have to wait 1 or 2 minutes until I click "Post Comment". It also should not delete text from editor. But no, it forces me to play russian roulette with internal anti spam timer while providing me false information that some kind of moderator actually reads it and it will appear after it's approved.

It's so badly done on so many levels that I still cannot believe this.
    Is it annoying? Absolutely. Is it worth a meltdown? Absolutely not.
  • Granathar
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Is it worth a meltdown? Absolutely not.

Sure it is. When it's the 4th time you write a long comment and it takes 10-15 minutes to write single one, then you see a typo and you click "edit" button instinctively (because NO OTHER forum on this planet behaves so ridiculously), you corret it and click "Post Comment" and then you notice that your comment disappeared completely with forum providing FALSE information that post is actually being accepted and will appear after a few minutes - it is worth every god damn meltdown. And I don't even know when the spamfilter will allow me to edit anything.

If I made so broken software for my customers I would be homeless right now, things happening here are completely unacceptable for user in any way.
  • StarscreamUK
    7328 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Or you could just message a moderator and ask us to approve it for you....
  • StarscreamUK
    7328 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You can demand all you want.. But that doesn't mean we will do it.
  • GRIZZ11283
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Is it worth a meltdown? Absolutely not.

Sure it is. When it's the 4th time you write a long comment and it takes 10-15 minutes to write single one, then you see a typo and you click "edit" button instinctively (because NO OTHER forum on this planet behaves so ridiculously), you corret it and click "Post Comment" and then you notice that your comment disappeared completely with forum providing FALSE information that post is actually being accepted and will appear after a few minutes - it is worth every god damn meltdown. And I don't even know when the spamfilter will allow me to edit anything.

If I made so broken software for my customers I would be homeless right now, things happening here are completely unacceptable for user in any way.

Go outside and take a deep breath, you are making way to much of it, calm down.
  • HandsomeBearCub
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Tbh whatever is causing that to happen is pretty broken, I'm unable to write anything on certain threads for several days after trying to edit something twice in a row(which deletes the original post) while I can just enter any other thread this hasn't happened on and type away. If it is a spam filter then it isn't working as it should I'm pretty sure. I've tried logging out, restarting the browser and deleting cookies without success.
    -
    Seems to me it would be in your interest to have satisfied forum users that didn't have to pester you with this issue everytime they forget about the edit issue. If you can't figure out what the problem is then fair enough, but I haven't experienced this on other forums.
  • Granathar

I can see the message saying that it will happen automatically. Why should I message anyone about that? This is an information that YOU gave me. What's so hard with making this more accessible for user? It took me 5 minutes to discover a few better ways. Timer, warnings and other things.