IDEA: Give out perks for intra-squad class diversity

Khal_Fraggo
494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Both this forum and the sub-Reddit are full of complaints about teams often getting overloaded with one class (usually Scout) and making the match a drag. And the solution people always clamor for is to set hard caps on certain classes.

But I was thinking, especially now that perks have been introduced with the new DLC, maybe the game could promote (rather than force) class diversity by rewarding squads for having multiple classes.

For instance:
- Having at least one medic gives every squad member a quicker regen delay
- Having at least one support gives everyone more gadget ammo
- Having at least one scout gives everyone faster sprint speed
- Having at least one assault increases everyone's nade damage against vehicles.

And that's just off the top of my head. Basically, the game could coax more players into joining a squad and picking different roles by giving squad members tangible game-affecting benefits for doing so (i.e. something better than those worthless unlockable perks).

Comments

• Emfysem
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Good ide, I like it.
  • mihai2011rom
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People will still play how they want. They don't care about perks.
  • Fleetwood1987
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make the reward more xp instead of perks and that just might work, peeps are suckers for more xp.
  • TheGM86
    915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is that word again. Look what happened to the scout class the last time they used it.
  • cultish
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like the both ideas a lot
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Actually not a bad idea