Weekly Debrief

Levelling medic is slower than other classes?

Granathar
249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I just noticed that my progression as medic is FAR slower than any other infantry class. Some times I could make a whole level on just one map - with medic it's nearly impossible, I need like 5 maps to gain even one level. Is it a bug or something?

Comments

• AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    Support and Assaults require the most amount of xp to rank up. Medic is slightly less and Scout is a lot less.
    Post edited by AaronTheZombie on
  • Pavlitsjenko
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    no. the medic class is the only class that is fully dependant on gaining the most points on other classes. healing and reviving. you got a gun to defend yourself, and the choice to remove 1 of your assets for a grenade launcher, but to get the most points, just run from dead guy to dead guy, and heal all the almost dead guys in between.

ofcourse, if you want, you can also become a combat medic. only use the healing pouch, mostly to heal urself. unlock the avtomat and use a HE grenade launcher and wreck some enemies. but you will receive alot of hate for it.
  • CSO7777
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Heal and revive and you can make a lot of XP.

Kills doesn't give that many points.

You can get very high on the scoreboard if you play aggressive medic (capture flags) and do a lot of healing and reviving.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Like the others said. The medic has the most tools to gain massive XP.
  • AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2017
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    Like the others said. The medic has the most tools to gain massive XP.
    Medic and Support are very easy to rank up. I have the most trouble with Assault to be honest.
  • disposalist
    8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Weird. I found medic easy to score with. Are you actually travelling with your squad/team and healing/reviving them?...
  • SlvrDllrZ
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its my only rank 50 class, i find it really easy to level it up
  • AKBear12
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you're running around with a grenade launcher and med crate then you're not ready to reach max rank with medic...
  • crabman169
    12845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you are a good medic it goes up pretty fast

Medic levels are 50k XP each whilst say scout for example is only 20k XP to level up
  • Aeshettr
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assault and Support require 50k exp per level, Medic requires 45k exp and Scout requires 35k
  • Granathar
    249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    AK-Bear-12 wrote: »
    If you're running around with a grenade launcher and med crate then you're not ready to reach max rank with medic...

Grenade launcher sucks badly. But you know, you need to unlock weapons somehow. That was DICE's idea.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's didn't feel difficult levelling it up. Revives and heals alone get lots of points. Support is the class that seems to take longer to level up in my opinion. Assault and Scout were pretty quick for me.
  • Aoe26
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have topped the scoreboard as healer with only 1 kill and no deaths... I was going for 0-0. Sit on the objective and heal/revive everyone = huge score.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aeshettr wrote: »
    Assault and Support require 50k exp per level, Medic requires 45k exp and Scout requires 35k

Scout is 30k per level. The others are correct.

If you play Medic as intended it's the easiest class to gain XP with. But it require some practice and skill.
  • Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Run medic pouches

When you switch from crates to pouches medic its easier to get the most heals especially if you just run around and toss them like oprah

Plus every 10 heals you get a ribbon which is xp in one round of conqusr playign support running pouches i average 9 ribbons of resupply menaing 90 resupplies

On operations my best was 33 resupply ribbons
  • StingrayX
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    I just noticed that my progression as medic is FAR slower than any other infantry class. Some times I could make a whole level on just one map - with medic it's nearly impossible, I need like 5 maps to gain even one level. Is it a bug or something?

Really? Next to support, it's the fastest to level up. Just throw med packs everywhere and Rambo revive everyone you see. You'll gain levels in no time.