Suppression Problem?

Claypole1
386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
In the past, I often got frustrated trying to suppress enemies (aka: missing) with an LMG like the MG15 Suppressive. They would get suppressed enough that they would miss me, and I would then get suppressed. We would both be suppressed and the firefight would get drawn out.

Rather tedious, but recently I've started to wonder whether I'm actually doing any suppressing at all. I've been using the MG14 Parrabellum Suppressive, but if I don't kill my opponent quickly, they seem to be able to take me out, usually with a medic or sniper rifle.

Their accuracy seems to suggest theyr were not suppressed in the slightest, which makes me wonder whether the mechanic is working correctly.

I know people are using the perk that reduces suppression by 25%, but it seems to be a lot more than 25% to me. Anybody else noticing this?

Comments

• RavenousTithe
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    In the past, I often got frustrated trying to suppress enemies (aka: missing) with an LMG like the MG15 Suppressive. They would get suppressed enough that they would miss me, and I would then get suppressed. We would both be suppressed and the firefight would get drawn out.

Rather tedious, but recently I've started to wonder whether I'm actually doing any suppressing at all. I've been using the MG14 Parrabellum Suppressive, but if I don't kill my opponent quickly, they seem to be able to take me out, usually with a medic or sniper rifle.

Their accuracy seems to suggest theyr were not suppressed in the slightest, which makes me wonder whether the mechanic is working correctly.

I know people are using the perk that reduces suppression by 25%, but it seems to be a lot more than 25% to me. Anybody else noticing this?

Yes, more than any other LMG. A Kolibri can suppress you when you use the MG14....I dont know why. Trying to unlock the Veteran version of suppression resistance to see if that helps.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes, more than any other LMG. A Kolibri can suppress you when you use the MG14....I dont know why. Trying to unlock the Veteran version of suppression resistance to see if that helps.

It doesnt as i have noticed no difference.
  • RavenousTithe
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It doesnt as i have noticed no difference.

Clearly your experiences trump mine. It is sooo easily suppressed.
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the mg14 is already a tap fire weapon over 30m but even with both suppression spec's I haven't noticed it reduce anything. Even with the Lewis suppressive which is very stable I still get suppressed.
  • Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Isnt one of the support perks increase suppression when bipodded by 75%

Does that perk work or has no one unlocked it
  • A1337chicken
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm pretty sure that MGs do the least amount of suppression. Whenever I have assignments to get suppression assists, I use SLRs, since they seem to suppress someone if I miss one or two shots. If I try to suppress people with MGs, I just get lead to the face.

Even on the receiving end, I've noticed that everything but machine guns suppress me. I rarely have trouble taking out Supports at range, but Medics or Snipers, we always seem to suppress each other.
  • gets__tilted

I have it. Its supposed to decrease 75% while bipodded but doesn't seem to do anything at all.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am always suppressed when being shot at it seems. Some others players don't seem to experience the same when I shoot at them.
    Looks random b times. Could lag cause it to look like that?
  • Decikraytor_6
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I have it. Its supposed to decrease 75% while bipodded but doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Oh alright and wow anoyher useless perk

Thanks dice
  • gets__tilted

Oh alright and wow anoyher useless perk

Thanks dice

Yeah, im thinking of swapping it out for something i know works, like flak.

Pretty much the 3 default are probably the best and provide undenyable effects.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    edited October 2017

I used the 50% more suppression perk, shot 50 rounds (with bipod) at a medic and he just returned fire and killed me. I was on one side of that tunnel (C flag) on monte grappa and he was on the other side. 50% more suppression my ****.

I'm done with suppression in this game. It's useless. Obviously the effect sucks when you get suppressed but it's too random to rely on so it becomes useless.
  • gets__tilted
    I get why suppression is in game. With maps so big it can let you know you're being shot at, where otherwise you would'nt know and then you're dead. Good idea, bad excution.

I kinda feel like suppression should only exist on console and only if aim assist is enabled.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    I used both suppression perks at the same time, it makes no difference.
    The MG14 really does suffer alot from suppression.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like the only LMG I have mush luck ACTUALLY suppressing enemy players with is the '15 Low weight. If I spam it at distant medics/scouts they seem to have trouble returning fire.

If I try the same with a Lewis gun, I usually just get trashed by everyone at any range.

It's overall inconsistent though, I agree. And on the wide open Russian DLC maps, it's pretty much a necessary mechanic for support players to have just to survive, otherwise the map is dominated by scouts and medics.