Weekly BF

Plea: Use your flares please!

Granathar
249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 2017
Really, why can there be even 15 scouts in my team and NOBODY is flaring? On some maps we are blind as a mole without them and these games are won ALWAYS by team that has scouts actually using flares. They show enemy location for mortars, tank, aircraft and also give other infantry players a tip where they should preaim, so enemy will accuse your team for wallhacking because they can just look on the map and even start shooting before they leave the corner.

Flare has like 200 m range, so you can actually hillhump and not be useless if you flare for your team from time to time. Same thing with periscope. Also free points for assist + you can kill some people with them because they cause fire damage. WHY not to use them?
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Because no one has a clue what they are doing....? It’s BF 1 don’t be surprised if you see people firing them at teamates...
  • olavafar
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But I do...you cannot actually play at the front as scout without using the flare. I have a service star on it (well you don't get a star it seems but I have 100 kills).
  • CaptaPraelium
    1676 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    cvnoz wrote: »
    support wont give me ammo.

This.
  • olavafar
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @CaptaPraelium Yes, that would actually be nice... Mostly when I run up to a crate to refill the flares I sit there a while just to realize it's gone (probably because he reloaded and dropped a crate for himself somewhere else). Feel a bit stupid every time :).
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Bad support players use crates not pouches, and move them while they're getting points because they're bad.
    Then the bad medics don't revive the bad assault players who didn't kill the tank and only chose assault for the shotgun/SMG.
    Then everyone hates on scouts because it's always the scouts' fault.

There are still more useful Assaults, Medics and Supports than Scouts. Most ppl confuse Scout with Sniper. Not the same. In a match of Conquest the sniper is mostly useless and the Scout can really help the team out while attacking or defending an objective.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    831 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm a HC player (or at least I used to be - I can never seem to find a proper HC server anymore on BF1), so I'm used to not using a flare when playing as Scout. However, since I haven't been able to play HC in ages, I do rock a flare these days when playing Scout. And I have noticed that often I'm the only person doing so. Makes it even worse when there's only 1 or 2 Supports on the whole team, and neither feel like giving ammo. OK, fine, I guess you don't want to know if there are any enemies in the area that we're all running towards, then.

And then I get people screaming at me for not popping flares. How am I supposed to do so, when nobody will give me ammo?
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    Bad support players use crates not pouches, and move them while they're getting points because they're bad.
    Then the bad medics don't revive the bad assault players who didn't kill the tank and only chose assault for the shotgun/SMG.

There are still more useful Assaults, Medics and Supports than Scouts. Most ppl confuse Scout with Sniper. Not the same. In a match of Conquest the sniper is mostly useless and the Scout can really help the team out while attacking or defending an objective.

There is not a very wide array of guns to use for highly aggressive recon like in BF4,
    There is no ACR to just equip and be extremely helpful to the team with TUGS/Balls and C4.

The real close in choices are G95/1895 trench/MH and now the Vetterli-Vitali and in the case of the VV and the MH if you miss your dead most of the time.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Temp1st wrote: »

There is not a very wide array of guns to use for highly aggressive recon like in BF4,
    There is no ACR to just equip and be extremely helpful to the team with TUGS/Balls and C4.

The real close in choices are G95/1895 trench/MH and now the Vetterli-Vitali and in the case of the VV and the MH if you miss your dead most of the time.

Yes there isn't a wide array, but there are enough to be happy with. When I play scout I mostly use Gewehr M.95 infantry and with this gun you can pretty much play good on close to mid-range. Support your team is really possible with this gun or the guns you mentioned. Of course it takes more skill than an SMG. But the purpose of the scout is to scout and not sitting on a hill somewhere in the back of the map and do not even spot ppl, which still about 75% of the scouts do...
  • CaptaPraelium

Only in Battlefield would the community love to poop on a class so disproportionately that they develop a name for the bad players of that one class but not for the bad players in other classes.
  • Temp1st
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017

Only in Battlefield would the community love to poop on a class so disproportionately that they develop a name for the bad players of that one class but not for the bad players in other classes.

Oh no ill crap on assaults who run away from tanks.
    Medics that run grenades instead of a syringe. or don't revive.
    Supports that don't give ammo.
    Tankers who camp and don't take points
    Pilots that ignore other planes when in a fighter or an AP.
  • CaptaPraelium
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Pilots that ignore other planes when in a fighter or an AP.

Don't let bombers off the hook. They do air-to-air perfectly well. In fact, unless you're in a bomber killer or airship buster (with the rockets) your only counter against an aggressive bomber, is to use your speed and RUN for your life.
  • boutneus
    2474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So funny when an AP goes 4 the bomber, gets chewed up and tries to run off 4 repairs. I'll chase m with the bomber over the map and let my front gunner chipchip away. But sometimes the AP is right in front of their face and I spot it. And somehow they still manage to not see it and look off to the side or something lol
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Flares and Smoke can win you games and no one talks about them... kinda like an oline in football.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a good thread, but unfortunately, it may not last long with that title.
  • Sword-of-Cyric
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I guess a lot of scouts equip k-bullets and trip mines these days thx to the ### service assignments.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    1 Scout popping flares makes all the difference on PDT.

That said those diapers proning around the place will never find their way to the forums.
  • dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm always shooting flares. Im also the type that I will actually shoot the players with the flare. Not only am I spotting them but I'm also doing damage.