BF1's dlc / a video i suggest you watch

«1345
SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2017


Post edited by SFSeventh on

Comments

  • AaronTheZombie
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You're posting this in the wrong place. People on these forums don't care about innovation, they just want the same game over and over re-skinned.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're posting this in the wrong place. People on these forums don't care about innovation, they just want the same game over and over re-skinned.

    Sadly you are right for most people in here.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I actually agree what he says, most "DLC´s" feels watered down, In BF4 i always gone back to vanilla maps and same in this iteration, though imo the vanilla maps in this game is not that fun either.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    I am not here to hate on the game, as currently i am having a blast playing it.

    But this guy really has a valid point and you should take the time and look at the video.
    There is no trash talking, no hate just facts from the past of this franchise.
    Share your thoughts.

    What on Earth is he saying? I have my critiques of the DLC's but what this guy says is just flat out not factual.
    He claims there is nothing unique or new to the expansions, yet there has been!
    Here is a short list (and I'm sure I'm missing a LOT)
    -Night maps
    -New behemoth (Tank)
    -New Elite kit (Trench Raider)
    -New weapons (these are not just subtle changes.. this completely changed the Medic class)
    -New Vehicles (like that one weird tank with the funky side guns that most people drive backwards/ILYA Muromets (sp?))
    -Cavalry Lance (and new animation when lanced)
    -New modes (supply drop etc..)
    -Female scouts
    -Specializations
    ^These are huge additions to a game that was nearing 1 year old.

    One of his main points is that people joining later would not be able to tell vanilla content from DLC content, and that is just not the case at all. If DICE did what I was hoping, and that is to keep the DLC weapons and DLC vehicles from coming back to vanilla maps, then the change would be even more evident between DLC and vanilla maps. But DICE has chosen to allow players to bring the Avtomat onto Amiens (which I don't agree with, but alas, does occur) for the benefit of Premium players, but now instead of congratulating DICE for this, the Youtube video creator actually uses this against DICE to say people can't distinguish between vanilla and DLC.

    Lastly, in addition to the few things I listed above, we don't know what lies ahead for Turning Tides as well as the apocalypse DLC's (which he does reluctantly acknowledge, but since he didn't acknowledge any of the upgrades on the above list, then I doubt he will see anything he likes with future changes in the coming DLC's).

    Well put, i just kept my reply short and sweet :)
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    I am not here to hate on the game, as currently i am having a blast playing it.

    But this guy really has a valid point and you should take the time and look at the video.
    There is no trash talking, no hate just facts from the past of this franchise.
    Share your thoughts.

    What on Earth is he saying? I have my critiques of the DLC's but what this guy says is just flat out not factual.
    He claims there is nothing unique or new to the expansions, yet there has been!
    Here is a short list (and I'm sure I'm missing a LOT)
    -Night maps
    -New behemoth (Tank)
    -New Elite kit (Trench Raider)
    -New weapons (these are not just subtle changes.. this completely changed the Medic class)
    -New Vehicles (like that one weird tank with the funky side guns that most people drive backwards/ILYA Muromets (sp?))
    -Cavalry Lance (and new animation when lanced)
    -New modes (supply drop etc..)
    -Female scouts
    -Specializations
    ^These are huge additions to a game that was nearing 1 year old.

    One of his main points is that people joining later would not be able to tell vanilla content from DLC content, and that is just not the case at all. If DICE did what I was hoping, and that is to keep the DLC weapons and DLC vehicles from coming back to vanilla maps, then the change would be even more evident between DLC and vanilla maps. But DICE has chosen to allow players to bring the Avtomat onto Amiens (which I don't agree with, but alas, does occur) for the benefit of Premium players, but now instead of congratulating DICE for this, the Youtube video creator actually uses this against DICE to say people can't distinguish between vanilla and DLC.

    Lastly, in addition to the few things I listed above, we don't know what lies ahead for Turning Tides as well as the apocalypse DLC's (which he does reluctantly acknowledge, but since he didn't acknowledge any of the upgrades on the above list, then I doubt he will see anything he likes with future changes in the coming DLC's).

    Pretty much proves the point though.
    I mean cmon ...
    Night maps, yeah new one .....
    Behemoths.... ok, really stupid things in the first place, why more of them at all. Do they really do something in the game more then let someone kill hoard for a while in a more or less idiotic way (C-130 anyone)?
    Elite´s ...bahahahahahah, yeah thanks SWBF for that one, pretty much the same as behemoth´s, does not add anything to the whole picture.
    New weapons... ok i will give you that one, but the difference between guns is negligible. Though some of the new ones are good for the variety inside classes. Not really a NEW thing though.
    New vehicles, jupp new , but as with the weapons not really.
    Cavalry Lances..... you must be kidding me.....
    New game mode, In this case i bow my head towards DICE for absolutely trying. The cheer amount of modes they have tried in this and the former iteration is quite big. Hats off.
    Female scout ..... yeah, i guess they felt the pressure, but new .... meeeh.
    Specializations ....BF3 anyone ????

    So .........
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Specializations ....BF3 anyone ????

    So .........

    Yeah but is the Youtube guy really asking for something that has never been seen in a FPS before?
    I mean c'mon if you play Madden NFL 2017, what do you want NFL 2018 to have? A baseball mode? Humans vs. zombies football? Referees that flog players for penalties?
    What should Forza 7 have that Forza 6 did not have? Airplanes? How about instead of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, now you get the 2018 version which now includes blutooth? I mean really what should DICE add to Battlefield 1 that other BF iterations did not have, and keep in mind, it has to be within the scope of World War I, so no jetpacks I'm afraid.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Each DLC has its own overall theme with soundtrack scores, that helps set each of them apart from the vanilla game for me.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Specializations ....BF3 anyone ????

    So .........

    Yeah but is the Youtube guy really asking for something that has never been seen in a FPS before?
    I mean c'mon if you play Madden NFL 2017, what do you want NFL 2018 to have? A baseball mode? Humans vs. zombies football? Referees that flog players for penalties?
    What should Forza 7 have that Forza 6 did not have? Airplanes? How about instead of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, now you get the 2018 version which now includes blutooth? I mean really what should DICE add to Battlefield 1 that other BF iterations did not have, and keep in mind, it has to be within the scope of World War I, so no jetpacks I'm afraid.

    Of course no jet packs, it´s enough with Elite´s and Zeppelin that can withstand a tremendous amount of damage without bursting in flames.
    The U-tube dude did not ask for anything, if you even watched the vid he said "Yet i am underwhelmed, but that is not exactly the games fault. Because it merely has a symptom of something greater".
    He is not bashing on BF1 DLC´s specifically, even the topic for the vid is "A Problem With Modern DLC".
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    I am not here to hate on the game, as currently i am having a blast playing it.

    But this guy really has a valid point and you should take the time and look at the video.
    There is no trash talking, no hate just facts from the past of this franchise.
    Share your thoughts.

    What on Earth is he saying? I have my critiques of the DLC's but what this guy says is just flat out not factual.
    He claims there is nothing unique or new to the expansions, yet there has been!
    Here is a short list (and I'm sure I'm missing a LOT)
    -Night maps
    -New behemoth (Tank)
    -New Elite kit (Trench Raider)
    -New weapons (these are not just subtle changes.. this completely changed the Medic class)
    -New Vehicles (like that one weird tank with the funky side guns that most people drive backwards/ILYA Muromets (sp?))
    -Cavalry Lance (and new animation when lanced)
    -New modes (supply drop etc..)
    -Female scouts
    -Specializations
    ^These are huge additions to a game that was nearing 1 year old.

    One of his main points is that people joining later would not be able to tell vanilla content from DLC content, and that is just not the case at all. If DICE did what I was hoping, and that is to keep the DLC weapons and DLC vehicles from coming back to vanilla maps, then the change would be even more evident between DLC and vanilla maps. But DICE has chosen to allow players to bring the Avtomat onto Amiens (which I don't agree with, but alas, does occur) for the benefit of Premium players, but now instead of congratulating DICE for this, the Youtube video creator actually uses this against DICE to say people can't distinguish between vanilla and DLC.

    Lastly, in addition to the few things I listed above, we don't know what lies ahead for Turning Tides as well as the apocalypse DLC's (which he does reluctantly acknowledge, but since he didn't acknowledge any of the upgrades on the above list, then I doubt he will see anything he likes with future changes in the coming DLC's).


    ^These are NOT huge addtions for a game one year old, this is good content but no more than that. At this point in bf4 we already had dragon's teeth and we were nearing final stand. Sure we do not know what lies on the path ahead with Turning tides and Apocalypse but trust me when i say don't expect too much. Bf2018 is on it's merry way keep that in mind.
    And why on earth would he congratulate dice ? For bringing content we should have had in the beggining of summer ? For messing up the game with the last two patches ? For charging you 60$ for premium ? No tzar content is so undistinguishable from the vanilla maps that if i did not know it was from the dlc i would have never said ''hey is this an addon map ?''
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Specializations ....BF3 anyone ????

    So .........

    Yeah but is the Youtube guy really asking for something that has never been seen in a FPS before?
    I mean c'mon if you play Madden NFL 2017, what do you want NFL 2018 to have? A baseball mode? Humans vs. zombies football? Referees that flog players for penalties?
    What should Forza 7 have that Forza 6 did not have? Airplanes? How about instead of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, now you get the 2018 version which now includes blutooth? I mean really what should DICE add to Battlefield 1 that other BF iterations did not have, and keep in mind, it has to be within the scope of World War I, so no jetpacks I'm afraid.

    Of course no jet packs, it´s enough with Elite´s and Zeppelin that can withstand a tremendous amount of damage without bursting in flames.
    The U-tube dude did not ask for anything, if you even watched the vid he said "Yet i am underwhelmed, but that is not exactly the games fault. Because it merely has a symptom of something greater".
    He is not bashing on BF1 DLC´s specifically, even the topic for the vid is "A Problem With Modern DLC".

    Jesus atleast someone who got the point of the video without blasting me with the fanboy cannon xD
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Specializations ....BF3 anyone ????

    So .........

    Yeah but is the Youtube guy really asking for something that has never been seen in a FPS before?
    I mean c'mon if you play Madden NFL 2017, what do you want NFL 2018 to have? A baseball mode? Humans vs. zombies football? Referees that flog players for penalties?
    What should Forza 7 have that Forza 6 did not have? Airplanes? How about instead of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, now you get the 2018 version which now includes blutooth? I mean really what should DICE add to Battlefield 1 that other BF iterations did not have, and keep in mind, it has to be within the scope of World War I, so no jetpacks I'm afraid.

    Of course no jet packs, it´s enough with Elite´s and Zeppelin that can withstand a tremendous amount of damage without bursting in flames.
    The U-tube dude did not ask for anything, if you even watched the vid he said "Yet i am underwhelmed, but that is not exactly the games fault. Because it merely has a symptom of something greater".
    He is not bashing on BF1 DLC´s specifically, even the topic for the vid is "A Problem With Modern DLC".

    Jesus atleast someone who got the point of the video without blasting me with the fanboy cannon xD

    Nobody blasted you with anything, they gave an opinion, so why you playing the victim?
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Specializations ....BF3 anyone ????

    So .........

    Yeah but is the Youtube guy really asking for something that has never been seen in a FPS before?
    I mean c'mon if you play Madden NFL 2017, what do you want NFL 2018 to have? A baseball mode? Humans vs. zombies football? Referees that flog players for penalties?
    What should Forza 7 have that Forza 6 did not have? Airplanes? How about instead of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, now you get the 2018 version which now includes blutooth? I mean really what should DICE add to Battlefield 1 that other BF iterations did not have, and keep in mind, it has to be within the scope of World War I, so no jetpacks I'm afraid.

    Of course no jet packs, it´s enough with Elite´s and Zeppelin that can withstand a tremendous amount of damage without bursting in flames.
    The U-tube dude did not ask for anything, if you even watched the vid he said "Yet i am underwhelmed, but that is not exactly the games fault. Because it merely has a symptom of something greater".
    He is not bashing on BF1 DLC´s specifically, even the topic for the vid is "A Problem With Modern DLC".

    Jesus atleast someone who got the point of the video without blasting me with the fanboy cannon xD

    Nobody blasted you with anything, they gave an opinion, so why you playing the victim?

    Ok lemme change that : Jesus atleast someone who got the point without overreacting and writing an essay
  • Jayremie570
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dude claims overwatch is innovative yet the game relies on supers. That's as far from innovative as you can get.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dude claims overwatch is innovative yet the game relies on supers. That's as far from innovative as you can get.

    That truly is BS
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    SFSeventh wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Specializations ....BF3 anyone ????

    So .........

    Yeah but is the Youtube guy really asking for something that has never been seen in a FPS before?
    I mean c'mon if you play Madden NFL 2017, what do you want NFL 2018 to have? A baseball mode? Humans vs. zombies football? Referees that flog players for penalties?
    What should Forza 7 have that Forza 6 did not have? Airplanes? How about instead of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra, now you get the 2018 version which now includes blutooth? I mean really what should DICE add to Battlefield 1 that other BF iterations did not have, and keep in mind, it has to be within the scope of World War I, so no jetpacks I'm afraid.

    Of course no jet packs, it´s enough with Elite´s and Zeppelin that can withstand a tremendous amount of damage without bursting in flames.
    The U-tube dude did not ask for anything, if you even watched the vid he said "Yet i am underwhelmed, but that is not exactly the games fault. Because it merely has a symptom of something greater".
    He is not bashing on BF1 DLC´s specifically, even the topic for the vid is "A Problem With Modern DLC".

    Jesus atleast someone who got the point of the video without blasting me with the fanboy cannon xD

    Nobody blasted you with anything, they gave an opinion, so why you playing the victim?

    Ok lemme change that : Jesus atleast someone who got the point without overreacting and writing an essay

    Is this a thread just to agree with you?
    You told people to watch the video, they did.
    They responded to your request and you're being a **** about it.
    Its you that's overreacting.
  • AaronTheZombie
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @SFSeventh

    Told ya.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For one, everything said in that video is from the perspective of the guy who made it and is solely a matter of his opinion regarding the DLC.

    But secondly and more importantly, a ton of what he said was false and he failed to point out some VERY disparaging differences between paid DLC games like BF, and free DLC games like the ones he showed off in the video.

    Getting to what he said wrong about the DLC - there was plenty added that was "new" and that changed the game. Hell, I'll list some of those things:

    For starters, the specialization system was added and it COMPLETELY changed the game. Now, by default, people are suppressed less and CAN NOT be one shot killed by a single grenade even if it lands at their feet. Not only that, but now some people are immune to spotting flares, some run faster when they revive, smoke grenades pop out of dead people, etc.

    Then there's the weapons added, one of which completely changed how the Medic class could be played and is now one of the most controversial weapons in the game (love you, Fedorov), and one of which added more aggressive capability to the Scout class.

    Not to mention the pocket sniper rifle that every class got.

    Then there's map design. Here I just want to point out one map he didn't even bring up: GALICIA - one of the most controversial maps put out, SOLELY because it featured a flatter, more wide-open design that NO other map in the game apart from the desert on Sinai has featured. Then, as the guy in the video said, we have Albion which is (the first - the naval DLC is coming) a map with multiple islands, huge artillery guns, and an emphasis on boats - something no other map had in this game.

    Then there's the new game mode they added, etc.

    That's just for THIS DLC - that's leaving out things they added in the French DLC that added/changed the game and how it's played (talking about you, Pigeon Tank)

    So this guy insisting that the DLC has added nothing to change or better the game is absolutely bonkers.

    Next I want to focus on an aspect of comparing free DLC to paid DLC that he left out.

    That would be the fact that free DLC in AAA games has been lackluster as hell compared to paid DLC. I'll use the examples he used in the video.

    We have Overwatch that has been out for nearly 2 years and has only gotten like 4 new characters and 4-5 new maps - in nearly TWO YEARS.

    Then we have Halo which has gotten like 9 maps in an even longer amount of time, and a lot of them are forge mode maps that someone could have made themselves. Other than that, their "content" is hidden behind microtransactions and loot boxes.

    Then we have Titanfall 2 whose DLC maps are mostly made up of remakes from the first game.

    Let's compare those games to BF4, which in 2 full years of existence had 5 DLC's with 20 total maps and dozens of new weapons, some new gadgets, new camos, new vehicles, etc, etc, etc.

    Or even BF1 which by the end of next year (it's 2 year anniversary) will have 4 DLC's with 16 maps, in addition to the free Giant's Shadow map we got last December.

    Not saying the guy was claiming the free DLC model is better than paid (more like he was just complaining about DLC in general) - but in many instances he seemed to have better things to say about games like OW, which have such a grossly over-appreciated free DLC model that it's not even funny.

    I watched the video expecting someone to actually say something logical and objective I hadn't thought about concerning DLC - but all I got was a guy claiming DLC isn't as good as (he personally thought) it once was.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @SFSeventh

    Told ya.

    Yup, you were right
Sign In or Register to comment.