Whats up with the rental server program?

bmchappel
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Why is no one in the custom servers?

I enjoyed playing on Sinai 24/7 servers. Now they are all empty.

Basically they should just remove the RSP because its useless. PEOPLE PAY MONEY FOR THEM AND NO ONE PLAY ON THIER SERVER, WTF IS THE POINT??

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    exactly
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    bmchappel wrote: »

Basically they should just remove the RSP because its useless. PEOPLE PAY MONEY FOR THEM AND NO ONE PLAY ON THIER SERVER, WTF IS THE POINT??

I've given my server two months. There has been maybe 3-4 times a round got going. There is NOT ONE established All Maps server on the West coast that gets daily traffic. Not one! You would think that players would be interested in getting those servers going, instead of spending their time getting the TSAR and TSNP official servers going. For some reason that's where they want to go. So I'm going to turn my server off when it expires next week. I'm just flushing $45 a month down the toilet. Had EA dropped the minimum player count to 4 to start a round, I'd stick it out longer. But until they make that one change, you'll never get your server going unless you have a clan of at least 4-5 guys who'll show up every day to get the server going.
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I feel for you. I am running East coast All Maps Conquest Normal server. It was the only way to get our server going.
  • CrashCA
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    To answer your questions, nothing but empty promises. Coming SOON, working on it, improving players' experience - all BS.

Now they want us to test "Incursions" for them.
    Post edited by CrashCA on
  • Axlerod1
    It still burns me that DICe never wanted rental servers and everything for RSP has been put on the back burner as a DEV put it. Maybe they will do something or maybe they won't. We get to find out in December.

I am putting my money on nothing will be done. They are wrapped up in getting SWBF2 out this year. Battlefield 2018 next year. SWBF3 the year after. DICE is understaffed and can not get it all done. I am afraid this is as good as it gets folks.
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not here to defend DICE but if you can't get 6 people together to start a server then you are not a clan. Lets face it the 10 - 20 need to start a default server is not to hard if you are actually a clan/community. Other wise your just another group of mates who want's to start a server just so you can play god.
    DICE made it clear that they don't want people piggybacking off there game just so they can badmin noobs. All of the HC BF clans that all had servers in BF3 / 4 are now mostly playing PUBG which has no RSP and they all left BF1 because it didn't have the RSP they wanted. And when it comes down to it all they want to be able to do is kick those that bug them. And yes if you rent the server you have that right. But you have no right to punish the poor unsuspecting randoms that lob into your server that you need to make up the numbers and then toy with them with random rules and baiting admins. DICE made this quite clear from the outset this is the way they are going. "we want to give players a consistent playing experience."

In Australia in BF4 80% of the slots available to play are run by one clan and so if you bug them you're out, there is no right of reply, you can't go to EA. The clan runs a monthly subscription to get you on the VIP list so you don't have to wait in the line which is pay to play. And this is why EA is moving away from RSP, they want you giving your money to them not to some 3rd party server that uses there game to make someone else the cash. While EA's customer service department is bombarded with complaints from users asking why they were kicked or being asked to pay to play the game.

• Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ours is running just fine. Just need to have people put effort into it.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Not here to defend DICE but if you can't get 6 people together to start a server then you are not a clan. Lets face it the 10 - 20 need to start a default server is not to hard if you are actually a clan/community. Other wise your just another group of mates who want's to start a server just so you can play god.

What about the people like myself who doesn't have a clan and decided to donate a $45 a month all maps server on the West coast so that people living in the west doesn't have to go play on East coast servers? The server is basically a Dice official server with a different name. It's not admined by a clan or for the most part, anybody else. Not all of us are power happy admins looking to get our kicks by banning people. My server sits empty everyday because players would rather spend their time getting Dice official servers going, then complain about how there aren't any All Maps servers. LOL.

• NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    just do a name search if you want 24/7 map servers, search for map name : sinai or amiens or fort popular maps in europe on pc have dedicated full servers. But you got to have at least 3 accounts / friends / guys in a server everyday to fill it. An all map server with official settings has 1 disadventage ... it is RSP. And rsp doesnt get quickmatch trafic below 20 players, official server do get traffic, i wanted to test something with a friend on an empty official server, you can't do that .... within 5minutes it is at 64 players immediately quickmatch works also below 20. I am fine with that, because a troll could make a fao 24/7 server or a giant's shadow 24/7 server. These 2 maps lose the most in votemaps they are the least 2 favorite maps of the 10 vanilla maps. And ofcoruse when you rpess quickmatch they cant put everyone in a queue when more peoiple start to play they have to fill up a next server and then do that as quickly as possible below the 20players.
  • -Antares65z
    just do a name search if you want 24/7 map servers, search for map name : sinai or amiens or fort popular maps in europe on pc have dedicated full servers. But you got to have at least 3 accounts / friends / guys in a server everyday to fill it. An all map server with official settings has 1 disadventage ... it is RSP. And rsp doesnt get quickmatch trafic below 20 players, official server do get traffic, i wanted to test something with a friend on an empty official server, you can't do that .... within 5minutes it is at 64 players immediately quickmatch works also below 20. I am fine with that, because a troll could make a fao 24/7 server or a giant's shadow 24/7 server. These 2 maps lose the most in votemaps they are the least 2 favorite maps of the 10 vanilla maps. And ofcoruse when you rpess quickmatch they cant put everyone in a queue when more peoiple start to play they have to fill up a next server and then do that as quickly as possible below the 20players.

Yup! And guess what. On the 13th, I get to raise the middle finger and hit the cancel button on their phuuuuucking piece of #@$&; RSP. What a joke. I feel sorry for the poor [email protected] who paid for multiple months and get to look at their empty server day after day. Will be interesting to see what they have to offer, if anything in 2018.
  • Axlerod1
    RSP is a joke. I have said it before, I would be glad to go back and pay $100 a month for a server rather than this garbage.

With that said, my clan server does get going every night and it fills up fast. If you want a custom server, you better be a lot of friends if you want to get it going and filled up.

This is what happens when you get rid of the player base fan servers, the player base leaves.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2017

Yup! And guess what. On the 13th, I get to raise the middle finger and hit the cancel button on their phuuuuucking piece of #@$&; RSP. What a joke. I feel sorry for the poor [email protected] who paid for multiple months and get to look at their empty server day after day. Will be interesting to see what they have to offer, if anything in 2018.

i had 5 servers for motnhs and every day full, now have 1 i live in the Netherlands and each day between 8 and 9am i fill my server on pc there has been not 1 day where my server was a day empty (i own a 24/7 conquest quentin server).
    Right now i am not very happy with the lag but for the first 9months there was no lag and in 9months only 1 crash, with bf4 / hardline each 2 weeks a server crashed, buyt there is a topic somewhere where have a list of around 8 things that are just very good in rsp, the opnly thing is is that my banlist is almost full https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/113110/banlist-hardcapped-limit-ceiling-of-100-names-i-am-getting-worried-i-am-at-edit-80/p1 and i have still 12months to go. But see here what i like and dislike about rsp , on that page a huge post. All in all i prefer an improved RSP over the twice as expensive - don't say it is beciase of the 2dollars a month procon layer - 3rd party servers fromthe past. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/115193/bf1-rsp-has-its-perks-seriously/p3
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017

Our server (UP-Community) is also running even with a lot of problems lately with servers after Lupkow Pass, it just needs a lot of work to keep it going. We have all maps there. We can't use 6P start because it makes server custom so we use 20p start...
    We are hoping server issues (rubberbanding/lags/disconnecting) are fixed soon and we also wait that RSP will have the functions it should have from the beginning (still missing 90% of the functions of BF4 PC procon with plugins) -Vip list does not work properly either with BF1.
    Having a server in BF1 needs more work comparing to having server in BF4. Also players should join to seed to their favourite servers. :)
    Unfortunately many of the server owners have given up because of the latest server issues and missing RSP functions.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    To answer your questions, nothing but empty promises. Coming SOON, working on it, improving players' experience - all BS.

Now they want us to test "Incursions" for them.

words of wisdom..
  • Mrs_Ragdoll
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Again.... many bugs after an update. My rented server doesn't play the map that won the vote for many times, it just goes to another map from the mapcycle. The lag is (still or again) terrible for many of the players. There is no way of waiting in a queue anymore you just get kicked. Please hotfix this soon DICE!
  • -Antares65z
    I read on another board that they fixed the issue with the queues. I haven't tried playing yet.