no wonder certain LMGs need a damage buff,

2»

Comments

• woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Problem is when you lose against a hand gun?

Weapon management is now a problem?

And as previously mentioned, the Support actually has the best sidearm in terms of raw damage.

• Green_Scar-H
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bf3 had best lmgs and overall best gunplay and damage model. Lmgs did 25-18.4 damage and gpmgs 34-22. And on top of that great suppression.
    Would have been perfect in this game too. But i think it's too late for a change that big for Bf1. I only hope next bf will have gunplay, ttk and suppression similar to bf3.
  • SFSeventh
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mainly play support and im really excited for the buffs. Lmgs reallly feel like peashooters in some occasions.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah. LMGs are fine. The damage is utterly offset by the massive magazine and RoF.
    If you aren't doing fine with LMGs you are doing it wrong.

agreed, the only thing I would change is increase the minimum damage on a select few, making them need 1 less bullet to kill at range.
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've never really studied the symthic weapon stats too much ,but was just browsing around looking at them and I noticed ,the m1911pistol(most common pistol I see) does a max damage of 35 up to 6m ,which makes sense ,however all the way out to 16m it still does 25 damage ,which is more that the max damage of the LMGs but the LMGs damage drop is at 11m. on one hand I'm glad they made pistols relevant, because I've played several fps games where pistols were virtually useless, but to make them stronger than an LMG is a bit ridiculous. against faster firing LMGs this isn't a problem ,but slower ones like lewis gun ,huot, BM ,perino.this is a problem. no LMG should be getting out shot by a pistol.

And the 1911 is going to be shooting much slower and be far less accurate at 16m.

Pistols are only really relevant at extreme close quarters or when you are finishing off a injured opponent at range. If we look at extreme close range literally every weapon, even the automatico gets beat out by 2 pistols, the bulldog and howdah.

The only thing that was maybe possibly needed was the "weak" LMGs (lewis, huot, perino) to have a buff to their min damage or a damage drop off buff.