The advantage to low weight?

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So im not really sure what the advantage to low weight variants are i mean especially for lmgs i use everything but except on the madsen but i dont use that anymore so why even have a low weight variant.

For example on the lweis gun if i want a bipod i use the suppressive bevause you get that and 97 rounds

For the mg15 i use the storm because i can stand and fire and again the suppresive has a bipod and 200 rounds

For the perino i use the defensive

For the parabellum i only use the low eihht cause the scope is distractibg with that much recoil but i dont really see a difference in performance between the suppressive and low weight

The ironic thing is the heavier a gun is specifically the barrel the less recoil it has so low weight is a misleading term

Again all im asking is whay is the low weight and what does it actually mean to entail its own variant when it is virtually indistinguishable from its counterpart variants?

Comments

• AaronTheZombie
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Low Weights are more useful at closer distances than Suppressives but still have the ability to reach long ranges if you know how to aim correctly.
  • BoWinston
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Low Weights are iron sights/AA sights with bipods. They're the best variants for the Lewis, Madsen, Chauchat and Parabellum in my opinion.

Trenches are iron sights/AA sights with no bipod and best hip fire
    Storms are iron sights/AA sights with no bipod and best control
    Opticals are optical sights with no bipod

Defensives are optical sights with bipod
    Telescopics are telescopic sights with bipod
    Suppressives are telescopic sights with bipod and larger mags
    Post edited by BoWinston on
  • Decikraytor_6
    BoWinston wrote: »
    Low Weights are iron sights/AA sights with bipods. They're the best varaints for the Lewis, Madsen, Chauchat and Parabellum in my opinion.

Storms are iron sights/AA sights with no bipod

So its all aesthetic then hmm
  • Dinamythe2512
    320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't it also low weight variants resulting in a lesser bullet dispersion when not aiming downsight (hipfiring) ?
  • bleachee
    976 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Low weights have better spread increase per shot and spread decrease stats.
  • BoWinston
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Low Weights are iron sights/AA sights with bipods. They're the best varaints for the Lewis, Madsen, Chauchat and Parabellum in my opinion.

Not necessarily, they all have slightly different stats, you have to check each one, but it is also a matter of personal preference, do you want a telescopic sight with large mag, or do you want iron sights with a smaller mag? Except for the MG15, I prefer Low Weights to Suppressive and Telescopic LMGs anyday.

Huot Automatic is another one where the Low Weight is the best variant that I forgot to mention above.
  • Decikraytor_6

Not necessarily, they all have slightly different stats, you have to check each one, but it is also a matter of personal preference, do you want a telescopic sight with large mag, or do you want iron sights with a smaller mag? Except for the MG15, I prefer Low Weights to Suppressive and Telescopic LMGs anyday.

Huot Automatic is another one where the Low Weight is the best variant that I forgot to mention above.

Yeah i can agree the scopes are annoying the optical is decent though and probably why i favor the perino defensive

But honestly if i could put iron sights on the suppresive variants i would i love the lewis gun iron sights and just want a 97 round mag and a bipod

Its actually insulting to support players to make them choose between magzine size and optical sights as i can assume most support player splay support so they can have the big mag lmgs have

Battlefront has too much influence on battlefield nowadays
  • Temp1st
    2493 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So im not really sure what the advantage to low weight variants are i mean especially for lmgs i use everything but except on the madsen but i dont use that anymore so why even have a low weight variant.

For example on the lweis gun if i want a bipod i use the suppressive bevause you get that and 97 rounds

For the mg15 i use the storm because i can stand and fire and again the suppresive has a bipod and 200 rounds

For the perino i use the defensive

For the parabellum i only use the low eihht cause the scope is distractibg with that much recoil but i dont really see a difference in performance between the suppressive and low weight

The ironic thing is the heavier a gun is specifically the barrel the less recoil it has so low weight is a misleading term

Again all im asking is whay is the low weight and what does it actually mean to entail its own variant when it is virtually indistinguishable from its counterpart variants?

LW is generally the best variant type for LMG's.
    Madsen LW for instance reaches max spread decrease in 3 shots.

Defensive variants generally suck, This is double true for Perino. Without 2x the magazine there's no reason to use defensive. At least on Hellriegel you can say 120 rounds is the reason why to use it (It sill sucks)

MG15 and Lewis are generally the guns that really gain a huge benefit from supressive. Even then you can make an argument for Lewis LW.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    remember when the low weights didnt have bipods?
    by far one of the best decisions done to support weapons was to give them bipods.
  • Decikraytor_6
    This wouldnt be as confusing if each variant had their own summary at least in game or in a website the only difference from using the perino defensive and low weight is the optical which only means a defensive has an optic and a bipod frankly the low weights iron sights on the perino play with my vision and the aa sights are an eye sore in general
  • Fleetwood1987
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan of the scopes in this game, so for me I get to use iron sights or AAs with the benefit of a bipod . I use Storm variants if the map is a bit tighter and I'm running around.
  • Decikraytor_6
    Not a fan of the scopes in this game, so for me I get to use iron sights or AAs with the benefit of a bipod . I use Storm variants if the map is a bit tighter and I'm running around.

Funny thing customization instead of variants would have solved this problem but thats just me beating a dead horse

Because the only reason to use a suppresive is the rounds why make use choose terrible scope attatchments to have more rounds in a magazine
  • lemon_cup
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The seemingly random names they give to weapon variants describe the different "perks" that slightly alter the weapon's performance. Reading the descriptions and using the variants have led me to draw the following conclusions:

Low Weight / Factory (different name for the same perk)- your sights return to center faster after each burst when aiming down sights.

Trench - Tighter spread when firing from the hip.

Storm - less per-shot recoil when ADS.

Suppressive / Defensive - not 100% sure on this one but I think this features a higher suppression multiplier.

Apart from these perks you also have certain attachments that belong to specific variants, but the perks are the primary factors that translate to the weapon's performance, aka the gun's "feel."
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    in the case of the lewis gun, the optical has 17% less recoil when standing ADS, the LW has 67% faster recenter speed. and to me ,the 17% less recoil is not even noticeable. i believe other guns with a LW variant are about the same.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Low Weight has same bonuses as factory variant. It means faster recoil and spread decrease. Madsen LW is best Madsen cause of this and it has a bipod too. Lewis is trash atm, no reason to use it. Suppressive variant means more rounds and excellent bipod effectiveness but useless otherwise (see Hellriegel defensive). As said above there is no reason to use Defensive Perino, the sights aren’t that bad on LW and it has no extra rounds.
  • Decikraytor_6
    Ah so its suppression vs recenter speed

Very interesting indeed
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    recenter speed

Its not just recenter speed, LW also gains more Accuracy per shot.

• Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't they have faster recovery from recoil? Think this stat is not shown on the cards however.