dlc weapons

ddarn37
115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Whats your favorite dlc guns from the 2 dlc packs?...Got 3 from the tsar dlc--perino lw, parabellum lw,and fedorov trench..not really impressed..

Comments

• II-Katyusha-II
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mosin Nagant Infantry, Obrez and Federov Avtomat Trench.
  • kalystori
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ribeyrolles, mainly because of how op it is and the fact that people dont understand that its possibly the best gun in the game for assault ;^)
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ddarn37 wrote: »
    Whats your favorite dlc guns from the 2 dlc packs?...Got 3 from the tsar dlc--perino lw, parabellum lw,and fedorov trench..not really impressed..

What weapons do you like in the game? I’m asking because I personally think the weapons you mention are good additions.

I really like the M1900 slug shotgun, out sniping snipers with it. I like the Lebel rifle, and the ones you mention. Overall, I think most of the DLC weapons add something to the game.

The ones I don’t enjoy are the General Lius (can’t hit anything with them) and the Sjögren (there’s already other shotguns that do everything better).
  • RichieDagger13
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The requirements to unlock these guns is draining my will to live. 50 12g automatic kills? Go **** yourself. This thing loses fights to pistols. I hit a dude point blank and did 33 damage with it. 33!
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    The requirements to unlock these guns is draining my will to live. 50 12g automatic kills? Go **** yourself. This thing loses fights to pistols. I hit a dude point blank and did 33 damage with it. 33!

That one is super easy to do. Just go play Domination. Don't ADS, just hip fire and shoot fast. It takes a minimum of 2 shots to kill, so fire fast up close. Finished that in 3 games of Domination

But yeah, that gun is junk
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I've unlocked most of the guns, and used them for a while. They don't perform the way I like, so I've only used them to mess around.
  • ddarn37
    Ploodovic wrote: »

What weapons do you like in the game? I’m asking because I personally think the weapons you mention are good additions.

I really like the M1900 slug shotgun, out sniping snipers with it. I like the Lebel rifle, and the ones you mention. Overall, I think most of the DLC weapons add something to the game.

The ones I don’t enjoy are the General Lius (can’t hit anything with them) and the Sjögren (there’s already other shotguns that do everything better).

Personally I I like to play support or medic class..guns Ive been using lately is the Bar storm and 1907 sweeper..its weird..I will start doing really well with different weapons for like a week and then the enemy becomes bullet sponges so I then have to switch.. haven't given up on the fedorov trench yet though
  • golfhacker27
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Have stopped bothering.
    DLC weapons is simply another demonstration of what utter incompetent ****s the devs are.
    Specifically, I am tired of seeing the acknowledgement flash up on the screen mid round that I have achieved X kills or whatever within a round with weapon Y, and then after, the DLC item is still locked.
    Add this to the crackling sound feed, that stupid world screen glitch, etc, and one thing is evident: only the most incompetent morons actually introduce new bugs instead of reducing/fixing them.
    Sorry for the rant and thread hijack, but DLC weapons is a total FAIL.
    Post edited by golfhacker27 on
  • ElliotLH
    8999 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm really, really enjoying the Federov optical (trench is good too but I prefer the sight), the MG14 and the new SMG.
  • The_BERG_366
    2586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mosin nagant marksman (one of the best long range rifles), mg14 (possibly best gun to slay loads of enemies), federov optical (best cqb medic gun), lebel (it's actually not that great but it still performs alright and looks nice so yeah :P), and last but not least double barrel slug (in my opinion the one most rewarding weapon to use... it's just not easy to use at all but sooooo rewarding if it works)
  • RichieDagger13
    edited October 2017
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    That one is super easy to do. Just go play Domination. Don't ADS, just hip fire and shoot fast. It takes a minimum of 2 shots to kill, so fire fast up close. Finished that in 3 games of Domination

See, you're a good player, so yeah it's super easy. I'm not a twitch player and I don't play killing jars like Domination or TDM because I just get reefed over and over again by dudes with Hellreigels and Martinis, so it's super hard. I just wanna use the ****ing weapons I paid for. Why do I have to grind through garbage and things I don't want to do and endure hours of frustration just to use a gun?
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    One of the two new snipe rifles, one (name escapes me now) has a carbine version which is very nice. Low ammo per mag but extremely accurate and can be used effectively mid and long range, hence aggressive and defensive. The new medic SLR is great too, like a more advanced mondragon.

Not impressed with the hopper-fed support weapon, bascially a less powered mg-15. Not played with the parabellum.

New infantry shottie is very good, and the new mini-mg15 in this class looks promising.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have like 22 stars with the m1900 slug.

So that one.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

Personally I I like to play support or medic class..guns Ive been using lately is the Bar storm and 1907 sweeper..its weird..I will start doing really well with different weapons for like a week and then the enemy becomes bullet sponges so I then have to switch.. haven't given up on the fedorov trench yet though

As a medic I would really recommend the Fedorov trench for close range maps. Longer range maps you can use the RSC from the French DLC, but it’s a totally different weapon, that requires a totally different approach.

That’s something I think is important with new weapons, that they add something that wasn’t in the game before, and not just are reskinned versions of already existing weapons. And I think most of the DLC weapons offer something new. The General Lius, however, are basically reskinned versions of the Selbstlader 1906, with an extra bullet.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

See, you're a good player, so yeah it's super easy. I'm not a twitch player and I don't play killing jars like Domination or TDM because I just get reefed over and over again by dudes with Hellreigels and Martinis, so it's super hard. I just wanna use the ****ing weapons I paid for. Why do I have to grind through garbage and things I don't want to do and endure hours of frustration just to use a gun?

No I'm not reallly a good player. I have a 1.2 KDR, so pretty much an average player. I normally don't do Dom (and never TDM) for the same reason as you. I was frustrated trying to use that shotgun in other modes, so I decided to go use it in Dom. And as I said, was able to finish that stupid assignment in just 3 rounds in Dom. And then immediately went back to playing Ops and Conquest. Sometimes the easiest way to complete an assignment is to play a different mode.
  • ddarn37
    Domination isn't bad if you have a decent squad and play the oblective..plus it will probably be similar to Incursions with the 3 flag system and less ppl( has 10 compared to 5 on Incursions)...plus usually less of a chance of getting sniped with smaller maps and less ppl which is a good benefit and no tanks and planes if you hate those too..
  • RichieDagger13
    I was frustrated trying to use that shotgun in other modes, so I decided to go use it in Dom. And as I said, was able to finish that stupid assignment in just 3 rounds in Dom.

I entered a Dom game and got spawn killed by a dude in a full platoon squad with 33 service stars on his Federov. I put the controller away. I mean, the gun's been out a few weeks! Come on! Not even fair.

I tried again later and had better luck. I got some help from a stout medic who revived me as I was gunning into a crowded bunker in Argonne and I think I got 7-8 kills just from that 15 second sequence. Done with that gun forever. Now I just gotta grind those revolver kills. About 1/3 through with that.

Thanks for the advice. I never got a hang of that shotty... It seemed like it took way more shots to kill dudes than it should. My panic close-up aim sucks, I guess.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Model 1900, both options. IMHO, best addition to the game
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm addicted to the Fedorov (trench)
    I traded my once beloved BAR (storm) for the Parabellum, both variants but somehow i prefer the suppresive one
    Vetterli (carbine) is like Martini Henry and M.95 made a baby, i love it, good for agressive close to midrange action
    Mosin feels really good, might even be the "best" scout weapon IF in the hands of a skilled sniper, wich i'm obviously not...

The double barrel shotty is quite nice but i'm not using shotties that often anymore, and my reactions are bad now so i'm not even gonna try the slug one, props to those that actually are succesfull with that one. As for the mini lmg in assault class... dissapointing imo. When i switch to assault i'm still with the automatico trench or the mp18 experimental...

Semi off-topic... Seen some speculation about the next (turning tides) dlc, about a grapling hook might be coming to BF1, and i really hope that can be used as a weapon aswell, finally a new troll tool :)
  • sfreeman73
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    For those loving the mosan nagant I suggest you go to Symthic and compare it's stats with the Russian 1895 you may be surprised at what you find.