Weekly Debrief

star wars battllefront 2

huricanechuck
1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 2017
beta, single most pathetic game i've ever played , won't waste my money on it. sorry i even downloaded the beta

Comments

• BGHFlakjacket
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    But is it an improvement over the first one? Progress must be made.
  • Aeshettr
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Getting it simply for the space combat.
    Post edited by Aeshettr on
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand.

If a game is new then it must be great.

I love micro transactions.

Loot crates make games better.

Don't forget to pre-order.

Han Solo is a character I recognise from Star Wars.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    beta, single most pathetic game i've ever played , won't waste my money on it. sorry i even downloaded the beta
    It has way worse gunplay than BF1, even though BF1 has the worst gunplay in the whole battlefield series. RNG has been taken to a whole new level.

This says a lot about how long SWBF2 will last, maybe a little more than the first one, but very short lived. It is not enticing in any way or form. Coming from a shooter like BF4, BFH, it feels extremely underwhelming.

The skill gap in that game is as big as a Kolibri. It is just eww, no good graphics make up for crappy mechanics.

• heresPaul
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like Battlefront, The only thing that drives me crazy is same map in a row twice on 20 v 20 games
  • xKusagamix
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But i like Starfighter though.
  • NihlusKriyk
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Danz_RS wrote: »
    This says a lot about how long SWBF2 will last, maybe a little more than the first one,
    The first one still has a healthy playerbase on consoles.

Battlefront 2 not only has free dlc, unlike last year, EA will only release one shooterthis fall.

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it will be a good game to hop in and have some fun to kill some time. When I play BF its more serious and I don't usually start playing if I only have a half hour available. It seems like it will be a mostly casual shooter with a bit depth to make it slightly more interesting. That's pretty much all I was expecting and for people that were expecting more, I'm not sure why.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just FYI for anyone wondering; it's miles apart from the first one.

Different is night and day; I went back and played the first one

E.g. Ttk are at opposite ends of the spectrum and weapon spreads too

If you can play between the two too see the differences

~

Just a heads up to; dont go into the game expecting it to be battlefield Star Wars. You'll only ruin it for yourself

• GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I wont be purchasing it, just doesn't interest me at all.
    I've never even watched a star wars film lol.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's an OK game. It's not bad, but it's not really that good either. The best thing about the game is the Starfighter Assault mode.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    I wont be purchasing it, just doesn't interest me at all.
    I've never even watched a star wars film lol.

Not missing much; lore and continuity go out the window when main plot characters are involved (e.g. The infamous 'stormtrooper aim' which is false. Stormtroopers are amongst the best shots in the Galaxy; Ben kenobi acknowledges that at the start and any scene not involving plot characters they wipe the rebel scum)

Cliche after cliche, lots of bs and the nerf herders create a pretty toxic community of Star Wars nerds
  • DarthBlueMax
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is an horrible game, the gunplay sucks, is worst than the predecessor .
  • AaronTheZombie
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Stormtroopers are amongst the best shots in the Galaxy; Ben kenobi acknowledges that at the start and any scene not involving plot characters they wipe the rebel scum)
    Great scene:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=OeQ_5z7JxBc
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not feeling it, my sons seem to like it so i may purchase for them.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    But is it an improvement over the first one? Progress must be made.

Depends how you look at it. The first game feels better when you play it. The new game is fairer in therms of overpowered stuff and broken features. (BF 1 had a lot of those)

I think they should have just adjust how the roll works and the gadgets like the Bacta bomb should've been nerfed, like some weapons. The class system is also good, but the game feels not good in my opinion. Nothing is going on. Grenades do nothing, you might even just walk straight through them, doesn't matter. The controls feel slow and the weaponary slow, all the same, with no spread or recoil...
  • zenn_nme
    807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Just FYI for anyone wondering; it's miles apart from the first one.

Different is night and day; I went back and played the first one

E.g. Ttk are at opposite ends of the spectrum and weapon spreads too

If you can play between the two too see the differences

~

Just a heads up to; dont go into the game expecting it to be battlefield Star Wars. You'll only ruin it for yourself

I expected that, since I didn't play the 1st one... :( :disappointed:

Although I'm not a SW fan, the "roger, roger" quote puts a smile on my face everytime.
    But this game isn't for me, like I said, I expected space conquest with stortroopers and ligtsabers.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Strong is not the force in this one.
  • bran1986
    5691 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I watched some gameplay and thought it looked boring to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.