Weekly BF

DICE, fix balancer or just don't trick people...

Granathar
249 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
... when balancers says "Based on your skill you were assigned <somewhere>". Just let it say "You were randomly assigned <somewhere>". Honesty is a good thing. Right now someone could even think that this game has some kind of balancing mechanism or something.

Comments

• AshkaliN
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The server balances the players, yes.But does not balance the course of the battle.People play different almost every time and most of the time, if you loose, it's not because the game isn't balanced, it's just you get outplayed.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I also find a tad bit annoying is when you join a game and it says "Game loading" forever, and then you hear the game over noises and it shows you the winning squad but it's all out of focus.. then it let's you join the game for real.

It's almost like someone decided it is better to trick them into thinking we are loading them into this game, when what we really want to do is not have them load in and see they are losing 975-400 because they will quit.. so keep them hanging on the line and we'll load them into the next game.
  • Granathar
    AshkaliN wrote: »
    The server balances the players, yes.

xD No it's not. There can be few rounds in a row with the same players and server does NOTHING to balance it. When one team basically destroyed another what does server do in next round? Well, it keeps the best players together because it was balanced from his point of view.
    AshkaliN wrote: »
    if you loose, it's not because the game isn't balanced, it's just you get outplayed

If you lose the game with 1000 : 900 we can say that you got outplayed. But if you lose 1000 : 100 because there are 15 lvl 120 players with max kit levels vs some random people below lvl 100 each - this is balanced for you? Because for "balancer" it is. And I could forgive if balancer made a mistake ONCE. But in the next round it should balance the teams correctly, which actually never happens.

Balancer should be able to dismantle squads if they are not locked. And it should be able to move locked squads between teams anyway, but without splitting them - even midgame. I played once with random people which made a very good squad actually. We were in the same squad for like 4 Domination rounds and we basically destroyed enemy each time, always being the best squad and every single player was within top 5. Balancer did nothing to separate this "dream team" even if we were completely random people.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Granathar wrote: »
    ... when balancers says "Based on your skill you were assigned <somewhere>".

I've never paid attention, but does this actually mean you were switched to the other team? or just combined with another squad, or what exactly?
  • Granathar
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I've never paid attention, but does this actually mean you were switched to the other team? or just combined with another squad, or what exactly?

It's being shown in the chat (if I remember correctly) when rounds starts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/5u7hm6/your_squad_was_assigned_to_the_team_based_on_your/

It looks like it actually does something, but Iin my case I rather have easy wins few times in a row and then complete disaster few times in a row and so on. Well balanced match when everyone says at the end "damn, it was a good game" is a rare thing. It happens, but I'm not sure if it's time when balancer actually did the right job or just RNG.