PC Decision

Mamba334
46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Which is better??

HP Omen 870-230: AMD RX 480 4GB GDDR5, intel i-7 7700 3.6 GHZ, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD 256 GB SSD.

ASUS ROG: AMD RYZEN 5, NVIDIA GTX 1060, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD 256 GB SSD

Thanks

Comments

• Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Build your own with a new 8770k
  • Mamba334
    I can't do that. I have the option to get one of these. I'm leaning towards the ASUS ROG.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    7700 is still best for gaming over all.

Ryzen if you're into threaded apps, video editing, digital darkroom etc.
  • Mamba334
    Ok, so the Omen? Thanks. According to reviews that Asus is better.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Teh_Next wrote: »

Yeah dude, tell him to spend $500+ on the cpu and mobo alone ... OP Both of those will perform mostly the same. Check what warranty these offers and what price you can get each at.
  • Mamba334
    Thanks
  • TheSaviorSix
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what the other use is smoking, but The Ryzen 5 is on par with the 7700. That shouldn't be a great concern anyway, since the CPU only does the physics in a game and has a difference of 1 or 2 FPS. The 1060 is also faster than the 480, which is where you're going to see the most performance in game. The Asus ROG is the better bet.
  • Mamba334
    edited October 2017
    Whats your thoughts on this one...

Dell XPS model VMAX2, ram 16gb, nvidia gtx 1050Ti, intel i-7 7700 3.6 ghz

This is what a guy told me on tomsguide.

The i7-7700 is far superior to the R5 1400. The Radeon Rx 480 4GB has far greater compute performance and gaming performance than a GTX 1050 Ti. The big if is the software you are using and how well it is optimized for OpenCL (AMD wins) or CUDA (nVidia wins).

As far as gaming goes. There isn't much difference between the ASUS ROG and HP Omen. The i7-7700 is much faster than the Ryzen. The GTX 1060 is a little faster than the Rx 480 but has 50% more VRAM.
  • Teh_Next

Yeah dude, tell him to spend $500+ on the cpu and mobo alone ....

And why not?
    You seem to have replied with incredulity at my suggestion, as if it's a rarity. Spending good money on a rig is common place. I'm planning on a 8770k myself in fact.
  • Teh_Next
    I don't know what the other use is smoking, but The Ryzen 5 is on par with the 7700. That shouldn't be a great concern anyway, since the CPU only does the physics in a game and has a difference of 1 or 2 FPS. The 1060 is also faster than the 480, which is where you're going to see the most performance in game. The Asus ROG is the better bet.

I think you maybe the one smoking something.
    The 7700 is better for gaming. It's not even debatable.
    There's a multitude of benchmarks out there that evidence it.
  • Mamba334
    I think he was looking at the graphics card. That's what caught my attention.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    And why not?

Because your want and his needs are different? We get you have a hard on for intel and the 8700k, but with the gpus both these pcs are using the cpu wont make any difference. The ryzen 5s are also capable of hitting 100 fps+ and if he has a 60fps monitor (which the gpus are perfectly capable of hitting) then how much difference are we going to see? 0...

Its better to see what price, warranty, upgrade ability and other stuff the products he wants will offer than foaming at the mouth over one part.
  • Teh_Next
    I don't know what his 'needs' are I suggested something I think is the best bet.
    And why not?

Because your want and his needs are different? We get you have a hard on for intel and the 8700k, but with the gpus both these pcs are using the cpu wont make any difference. The ryzen 5s are also capable of hitting 100 fps+ and if he has a 60fps monitor (which the gpus are perfectly capable of hitting) then how much difference are we going to see? 0...

Its better to see what price, warranty, upgrade ability and other stuff the products he wants will offer than foaming at the mouth over one part.

You know, speaking to me like that for nothing more than speaking my opinion, with your insolent remarks shows a contempt I can't fathom, there's no reasonable need when things were perfectly civil. It mayhaps be you're the type that likes to be appear correct and no one else can profes to anything outwith your narrow field of view but really old chap, there's no need for the smart **** comments.

I think buying a CPU that's only 30 to 50 bucks more is a better bet. He's possibly getting a 7700 which is not a good move when the 8700 is better for a fraction more.
    As it turns out he needs to stick to some prebuilt system but at the time he didn't state that was his only option.
    Go on come back with some uncalled for derided comments.
  • Mamba334
    All come with a 3 year warranty. I'm not sure on the upgrade-able side of things. The prices are all about $1,000+ but not over 1,500
  • Mamba334
    Come on now guys. Be cool. I was just asking a question. I know all of them will run BF 4 but I just wanted to know which out of the 3 you would chose was all.
  • Teh_Next
    edited October 2017
    Mamba334 wrote: »
    Come on now guys. Be cool. I was just asking a question. I know all of them will run BF 4 but I just wanted to know which out of the 3 you would chose was all.

No need to worry dude.
    Some of us are perfectly civil :p

Does the build vendor offer any swapping? The 7700 with the 1060 would be better IMHO. You're going to want more RAM in there eventually too.
  • Mamba334
    No, I cannot modify any of them. That is why I was thinking the Dell would be better at 16 GB of RAM, has the intel processor and the nvidia. The only thing that worried me about the Dell was the 1050Ti.
  • Mamba334
    What about a Nvidia GeForce GT 730
  • TheSaviorSix
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think you maybe the one smoking something.
    The 7700 is better for gaming. It's not even debatable.
    There's a multitude of benchmarks out there that evidence it.

My bad, I had it in my mind the 6700k for some reason.

Yeah, go for the HP Omen. Although the 1060 is faster, the CPU will do much more for you.
  • Mamba334
    They have a AMD FX-4300 3.8Ghz teamed up with a AMD Radeon R5 230. RAM is 8GB