Weekly Debrief

PC Decision

2»

Comments

• MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Mamba334 wrote: »
    All come with a 3 year warranty. I'm not sure on the upgrade-able side of things. The prices are all about $1,000+ but not over 1,500

Well at this point check what features it has (how many and what types of usb ports, what optical drives, how many drive bays can it hold and check that it can do both 2.4 and 5 GHZ wifi) and make a decision.
  • Mamba334
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I want to lean with the Omen. I have just always been told that HP computers are not made for gaming. I know ASUS is. They have also something called a MSI Nightblade MIB computer as well,.
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They have a AMD FX-4300 3.8Ghz teamed up with a AMD Radeon R5 230. RAM is 8GB

I'd leave that well alone mate.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2017
    I have just always been told that HP computers are not made for gaming.
    I say ignore the muh gamurr marketing stuff (and also the fanboyism to brands). Most of it is bs to jack prices up. What asus rog exactly are we taling about tho. Is it this one? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221086

• Mamba334
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    The nightblade looks nice too if its this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883152219
  • Mamba334
    Well, I'm getting off of work now, so I'll check back later. Thanks guys.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    Aside from the slightly slower cpu (its also a lot cheaper too) the asus rog is the clear winner.
    - The gpu is better,
    - It has one extra hdd bay
    - The kb+mouse seems to be better.
    - has 2 usb 3.1 and one usb type C (the omen doesn't even have usb 3.1 or type C in the specs)
    - one 5.25" bay that you could use to buy a hhd adapter if you wish.

The omen has a rx 480 but its the 4GB version thats slower than the 1060 6GB. So the gaming performance being better because of the 7700 is big IF. The rog is $999 the omen is $1199 using newegg prices.
  • Mamba334
    ok, so return the omen and go with the asus? ryzen 5 is going to be ok? im so used to intel lol
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    i mean if you bought the omen already and you think the asus rog features will come in handy then go ahead, if you think the omen is perfectly fine then keep it.
  • Mamba334
    It will be shipped (OMEN) Tuesday. But if I refuse it when it comes, they return it, I get credit on my accoutn and then I can order the ASUS. I'm just ready to start back gaming with my old buddies and start using my Filmora to make my youtube fishing videos. I just want to make the best choice. Thank you Lego and to everyone who is helping me. I know you're busy. I appreciate it.
  • Mamba334
    edited October 2017
    Asus ROG Gaming Tower (AMD Ryzen 5, NVIDIA GTX 1060, 8GB, 1TB + 256GB SSD)

The ROG G11DF Gaming Tower from Asus is a gaming-focused system designed with the hardware and features users need to dominate the battlefield as well as handle everyday tasks. Performance-wise, it's powered by a 3.2GHz AMD Ryzen 5 1400 quad core processor, 8GB memory, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM. For storage, this system is equipped with a 256GB SATA solid state drive and 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive. Thanks to its dedicated graphics card, you'll be able to enable additional graphical options and crank up in-game visual settings to enjoy your games at their best. There's also plenty of connectivity options such as HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort for single or multi-monitor setups.
    Features:

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor & Memory: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad Core Processor (3.2GHz) with Max Turbo Core Speed up to 3.4GHz; 8GB Memory

Storage & Optical Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive; 1TB Hard Drive; SuperMulti DVD RW

Design: Gray Tower; Measures 6.9"W x 17.3"H x 16.6"D; Weighs 21.4 lbs.

Video/Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 VRAM

Audio/Speakers: Asus Sonic Studio optimized gaming audio

Includes: Aegis II Utility app; Customizable LED lighting; USB Keyboard and Mouse

Connectivity: 802.11ac WiFi; Bluetooth 4.1; Gigabit Ethernet

I/O Ports: 2 HDMI; 2 USB 3.1 Ports; 4 USB 3.0 Type-A Ports; 1 USB 3.0 Type-C; 4 USB 2.0 Ports; 1 DVI; 2 DisplayPort; Headphone-out; Microphone-in

HP Omen Gaming Tower (Intel i7, 8GB, 1TB + 256GB SSD, VR Ready)

Tuned for optimal VR performance, this HP Omen 870-230 Desktop Tower is gamer approved and equipped for the future of gaming. It combines cutting-edge design and the industry's latest hardware to deliver a performance monster, ready to handle intense AAA games with ease, and look good doing it. Equipped for championship-caliber performance, this PC features a powerful Intel Core i7 quad core processor, AMD Radeon RX 480 graphics, 256GB solid state drive, 1TB hard drive, 8GB RAM and Microsoft Windows 10 Home. With its brushed-metal chassis and customizable lights, this tower is ready for the arena. Comes with a HP wired keyboard and optical mouse.
    Features:

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor & Memory: Intel Core i7-7700 Quad Core Processor (3.6GHz) with Max Turbo Frequency up to 4.2GHz; 8GB Memory

Storage & Optical Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive; 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive; SuperMulti DVD Drive

Design: Tower Chassis; Brushed Gunmetal Gray Finish; Measures 6.5"W x 16.5"D x 15.79"H; Weighs 23.2 lbs.

Video/Graphics: AMD RX 480 4GB GDDR5

Audio: DTS Studio Sound

Includes: VR Ready; HP Wired Keyboard; HP Wired Optical Mouse

Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi; Bluetooth 4.0

I/O Ports: 2 HDMI; 4 USB 3.0 Ports; 6 USB 2.0 Ports; Headphone/Microphone Combo; Audio-Line in; Audio-Line out; 7-in-1 Memory Card Reader
  • Mamba334
    You guys ever heard of MSI Nightblade MIB?

It features intel i-7 7700 3.6Ghz with Nvidia GTX 1060
  • Mamba334
    Well, thanks guys for the help. ASUS ROG in the mail! See you all soon. Watch ya step by the bushes!