In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Stodeh and Ravic sniping on PC. Is such mastery possible on PS4, or XB1?

ps_865
134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I just saw Stodeh and Ravic insane sniping (and also other classes, btw). Is such mastery possible on PS4, or XB1?

Comments

• Tullzter
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ps_865 wrote: »
    I just saw Stodeh and Ravic insane sniping (and also other classes, btw). Is such mastery possible on PS4, or XB1?

Did not know about these players, just watched a Ravic vid, he is impressive no doubt. But i don't think it's comparable to PS4 / XB1, you have a lot of good players, have a look at some Kritical Kris vids, he 's pretty good for PS4 standards
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ravic is on another level. He's a very good PC player, played competitive bf3 at one point in time.

You can't get the same movement speeds and aim precision as you can with a mouse and keyboard. There is no amount of AA that can overcome that.

The skill ceiling on PC is much much higher than it is on console.
  • azelenkin0306
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Search "TheBrokenMachine" on YouTube.
  • sfreeman73
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Brokenmachine has some very impressive skills on the PS4 with insane recoil control my only criticism is he doesn't seem to know how to spot
  • ps_865
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 9
    sfreeman73 wrote: »
    Brokenmachine has some very impressive skills on the PS4 with insane recoil control my only criticism is he doesn't seem to know how to spot

agreed, BM is the best I could find playing on PS, but his play is "doable", nothing like of the two on PC
  • skoopsro
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 9
    The level of accuracy and control a mouse gives just isnt possible on a ps4 or xbox using a controller. You can still be insanely good on console but the consistent fast headshots those players get on pc isnt really possible on console. The controller isnt sensitive and responsive enough. Console is so much more stress free in terms of updating drivers, just buying it off the shelf and being ready to go, no crazy software and hardware lingo to master, hackers,virus bologna, id rather play on console anyday. Especially since computers are dying in every sense but gaming. The world is going more and more tablet and phone. Desktops are dinosaurs and laptops arent great compared to desktops, player numbers show most people dont want to spend 1000, 1500, 2k$ for basicly a game system you can use firefox and microsoft word on also.

I know its kinda a off topic rant after the forst couple sentences, but i just dont see PCs as being sooo special like their owners think they are. Cool you have a higher framerate. Big deal
  • plasticman883
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yay, more sniping.
  • skoopsro
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yay, more sniping.

Yaay more whining
  • Clarence_6000
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ''Is such mastery possible on PS4, or XB1?''
    Yeah, just use snipers with iron sights ;)
  • ps_865
    edited October 10
    ''Is such mastery possible on PS4, or XB1?''
    Yeah, just use snipers with iron sights ;)

I have some 15K kills with iron sights snipers. How about you?
  • Imabaka70
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 10
    I use the same rifle setup as ravic does. The m1903 sniper 8x scope. Currently at 57*
    It can be a challenge in cqc. You either live or die by the pistol swap.
  • The_BERG_366
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 10
    well the issue is that the very best are normally not famous youtubers so most people aren't aware of what is actually possible. yes ravic is a very good player but im fairly sure that guys like jika are probably better after all (again the only reason i know him is because he has a decent following but im sure there are a lot of absolutely crazy people out there on pc simply noone knows of).
    of course this controll is not possible with a controller... there's no denying. however what u normally see on youtube is not the very best the playerbase has to offer. no offense to broken, he really is a very good player and tbh one of the few exceptions of youtubers that are somewhat famous and really good players. however I know some people that are most likely better than him.
  • Chillmatik_86
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Squid and weazy are the best. Because they allways make me laugh :D

I watch some of those Stodeh and Ravic vids every now and then, just crazy. Funny to see how many people call hacks on either one of them.
    well the issue is that the very best are normally not famous youtubers so most people aren't aware of what is actually possible. yes ravic is a very good player but im fairly sure that guys like jika are probably better after all (again the only reason i know him is because he has a decent following but im sure there are a lot of absolutely crazy people out there on pc simply noone knows of).
    of course this controll is not possible with a controller... there's no denying. however what u normally see on youtube is not the very best the playerbase has to offer. no offense to broken, he really is a very good player and tbh one of the few exceptions of youtubers that are somewhat famous and really good players. however I know some people that are most likely better than him.

I have to agree on this.
  • KingRofty
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 10
    You can be much more accurate with a high DPI mouse than you'll ever be with a PS controller.....it's just a simple click. :hushed: Those players look good because they are using a high DPI mouse & gaming keyboard. I have much more respect for a player like TheBrokenMachine, who is great on the PS4 Pro.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 10
    and using aim assist ?
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    You can be much more accurate with a high DPI mouse than you'll ever be with a PS controller.....it's just a simple click. :hushed: Those players look good because they are using a high DPI mouse & gaming keyboard. I have much more respect for a player like TheBrokenMachine, who is great on the PS4 Pro.

It isn't that the players look good, they ARE good.
    It simply boils down to the skill ceiling difference between console and PC.

I can't give more or less respect for a persons choice of controller/keyboard because they're divided by game platform. If TheBrokenMachine were to play with a controller on the PC he would get demolished. The controller is the less effective way to play a FPS, but as console players it is what we are given so we make the best of it.

There is a software out there like XIM which adapts controller function to the mouse and keyboard, thus allowing you to play with a mouse and keyboard on the PS4. The sortware doesn't seem to be perfect on BF1 yet but functions near perfectly on older titles like bf4. Essentially giving you a significant advantage over controller players.
  • sfreeman73
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    and using aim assist ?

Unlike what many would have you believe AA is not that much of an advantage yes it is far more powerful than it needs to be but it does have it's flaws it is next to useless past 100m or against a moving target also auto rotation pulls to center mass not the head where this can help inside a weapons sweet spot it works against you at all other ranges and finally in some situations AA can and does pull you off target
  • smart2705
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Everyone knows that Relaa is the best :sunglasses:
  • ps_865
    edited October 11
    just found this. I hope DICE will find a way to ban XIM and custom controllers. Hall of shame...

• full951
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yes. but on any non scoped rifle , cuz aa