In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Game is dead.

CupOfTea1Sugar
393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
To me at least.

Not once since owning BF4 has it ever worked correctly, different hardware, different drivers, never ending crash fest, i think i have more incomplete games on BF4 than i do complete because the game simply crashes you out of the entire game with some stupid GPU hung error, yes my card is big TY, why the hell does it need to be told it's big all the time?

Joking aside.. terribly made game by an incompetent publisher who pushes nothing but incomplete rubbish out.

Battlefront II, no such errors, a shame the game is a boring mess though.

Comments

• LoucipherPL
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Aren't such rants just beautiful...
    BF4, BF3 and virtually all games of the Battlefield franchise have been running just fine for lots and lots of gamers worldwide, on more hardware configs than I care to think about.
    Sometimes I volunteer to help fellow PC users out with their computer problems, and there's one thing I know: people can mess up their systems in so many different ways that if I were to write a book about it, it would make Encyclopaedia Britannica look like a children's weekly in comparison.
    Bottom line: if the game doesn't work for you, it means just that - it doesn't work for you.
    Did you try to contact tech support with your issues?
    Did you try to run absolutely basic maintenance on your system? Run disk checking utilities? Defrag hard drive? Update drivers? Repair game files? Reinstall the game if the problem persists?
    I'd take a closer look at the hardware - what about it? Is GPU up to the task of running such games? What about cooling? Many up-to-spec systems do crash out on a game when their cooling is not doing its job. What about opening up your computer case and putting some compressed air here and there? (If you can't do it yourself, have some local techie do it for you).
    Your problems can result from a number of things... just be patient and troubleshoot. One by one.
  • CupOfTea1Sugar
    Aren't such rants just beautiful...
    BF4, BF3 and virtually all games of the Battlefield franchise have been running just fine for lots and lots of gamers worldwide, on more hardware configs than I care to think about.
    Sometimes I volunteer to help fellow PC users out with their computer problems, and there's one thing I know: people can mess up their systems in so many different ways that if I were to write a book about it, it would make Encyclopaedia Britannica look like a children's weekly in comparison.
    Bottom line: if the game doesn't work for you, it means just that - it doesn't work for you.
    Did you try to contact tech support with your issues?
    Did you try to run absolutely basic maintenance on your system? Run disk checking utilities? Defrag hard drive? Update drivers? Repair game files? Reinstall the game if the problem persists?
    I'd take a closer look at the hardware - what about it? Is GPU up to the task of running such games? What about cooling? Many up-to-spec systems do crash out on a game when their cooling is not doing its job. What about opening up your computer case and putting some compressed air here and there? (If you can't do it yourself, have some local techie do it for you).
    Your problems can result from a number of things... just be patient and troubleshoot. One by one.

You would think after 2 years and doing everything under the sun that all options are exhausted.

Please keep your useless help to yourself thanks.
  • RustedRoot
    1866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Game works perfectly fine for thousands of others. The issue is your hardware or some junkware on your computer.
  • pinchylillobster
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 10
    Sounds like your issues are 100% on your end. Are you actually looking for help, or are you just looking for something to whine about.

Given the tone of your posts, I'd say it's the latter.
  • BigF33t_13
    5435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Issue's on your end dude. I can run bf3,4 and 1 perfectly fine on my potato. Try maybe not OC'ing your Xeon.
  • LoucipherPL
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Please keep your useless help to yourself thanks.
    Yay. How rude.

I guess that's what one gets for trying to help another pretentious ranter who just wants his problem solved by someone else... and doesn't care how many people he insults on the way.

BF doesn't work for you? Tough. Go play Tetris. I hope your super-duper system can run this game without blowing up or something.
    Killfile.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    PEBCAK
  • Coffeecup132
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    To me at least.

Spot on.

And not to the tens of thousands other PC players. I also used to play BF4 on a potato laptop with a shared RAM GPU - it never crashed. I am grateful.

• Rev0verDrive
    5904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The Potato says "Dip Dip Tater Chip".
  • WhiteSnake9191
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It could honestly be bad servers, I've had small tdm on locker lag and stutter yet on another large conquest on siege it ran much better, BF1 on all ultra runs smooth as hell too, the higher tickrate some user servers for bf4 run may also contribute to it too. I have win7 on an ssd, i7 2600k, 16gb ram, and an 8gb rx 480. I've also tried various pc configs over the years as I just find building pc's relaxing and fun to do but BF4 is definitely the buggiest game I can say I've ever played, random crashing, lag/choppiness on pc's more than good enough to run it. I've never had any other problem in any other game I've played in years, and although this forum and game have died alot in population due to all the issues probably, I'm definitely not alone in still having issues with this game.

I don't think there's any official dice servers left, I see lots of official ones for bf1. And in recent times when I've played, at least in North America, the game is rather dead in terms of population, maybe it's active in other parts of the world, but I'd rather not try to play with a bad high ping from a server in another country.
  • FearNoTears
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Where the game is broke to me is where it seems to favor one person over the other. Almost like it's scripted. Doesn't matter how hard I try, because I will fail and other times I just have to fire a shot and it will circle around the map until it hits someone. It's pretty ridiculous. Sniping should only take 2 sec to line up a shot, but the ground starts shaking for no reason and then it can take much longer to steady. A lot of times I can't steady and when I do it's to late. Plus, they removed the marksman bonus, which ruined the game for me.
  • Forman313
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The way BF handles resources is a disaster .. its hit and miss. Two identical setups often need totally different settings to run smooth. And when you finally get it running the way it should, a patch comes along and breaks it again. CPU @ 95-100%, FPS drops, stuttering and massive input lag.

Right now BF4 is running perfect. Crossfire enabled with no problems at all.. even tho both cards and CPU is overclocked. With cap at 120 FPS CPU usage is 30-50% .. And this on an old i7 920.

Im going to enjoy it while it lasts... cause I know that soon, its over. I know the drill.. "Device hung", CPU spikes, no hitreg etc. DICE **** up, and blames my hardware, overclock or Microsoft. The nerve on those guys .. Arrogant ppl... just like Steve Mobs with the old iPhone 3(G) .. when it crashed, it tried to convince you that it was a feature, and that you should be glad it happened. "The phone has restarted to improve performance" The audacity....

• Agu_FI_EU
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 12
    Where the game is broke to me is where it seems to favor one person over the other. Almost like it's scripted. Doesn't matter how hard I try, because I will fail and other times I just have to fire a shot and it will circle around the map until it hits someone. It's pretty ridiculous. Sniping should only take 2 sec to line up a shot, but the ground starts shaking for no reason and then it can take much longer to steady. A lot of times I can't steady and when I do it's to late. Plus, they removed the marksman bonus, which ruined the game for me.

Umm what.

I don't even know what to say...

Oh yeah and the game is running absolutely fine for me too (i5 + gtx1060 duo 3gb). My internet causes problems sometimes (because it's 4G), but I can maintain 50ms ping from northern europe which I think is pretty good.
  • CupOfTea1Sugar
    edited October 12
    Thread full of apologists.

Remember guys it is always my fault even a brand new install of Windows 10 is "junkware on your PC" and hardware changes is still "bad hardware"

I wonder if anyone will ever use a brain these days.
  • CupOfTea1Sugar
    To me at least.

Spot on.

And not to the tens of thousands other PC players. I also used to play BF4 on a potato laptop with a shared RAM GPU - it never crashed. I am grateful.

Tens of thousands? seems you are here only to back up your loyalty to a broken game, where are these tens of thousands? perhaps back when the game launched, not any more.
  • CupOfTea1Sugar
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    Issue's on your end dude. I can run bf3,4 and 1 perfectly fine on my potato. Try maybe not OC'ing your Xeon.

It don't happen to me so it happens to no one else, it's always that persons fault Rhetoric.

The last part shows your ignorance.
  • CupOfTea1Sugar
    Sounds like your issues are 100% on your end. Are you actually looking for help, or are you just looking for something to whine about.

Where else can anyone complain? this is the BF forums.. want me to moan about it on a WOW forum? because logically this is perhaps your thoughts since truth is not something loyal apologists can handle.
  • CupOfTea1Sugar
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Game works perfectly fine for thousands of others. The issue is your hardware or some junkware on your computer.

Rinse repeat same rhetoric.

PS3 crashes all the time with it's version also, must be the hardware, perhaps Sony has bloatware or junk ware too ...
  • CupOfTea1Sugar
    To me at least.

Not once since owning BF4 has it ever worked correctly, different hardware, different drivers, never ending crash fest, i think i have more incomplete games on BF4 than i do complete because the game simply crashes you out of the entire game with some stupid GPU hung error, yes my card is big TY, why the hell does it need to be told it's big all the time?

Joking aside.. terribly made game by an incompetent publisher who pushes nothing but incomplete rubbish out.

Battlefront II, no such errors, a shame the game is a boring mess though.

Check bolded text, funny it's only BF4 and it's horrendous coding.. but you shall keep defending it.

Trashy just like the game.

• pinchylillobster
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 12

I bolded the relevant bit, since you appeared to have missed it. Do you want help for your problems, or are you just posting here to whine about your problems. Your issues are 100% on your end, it's just a matter of figuring out where they're stemming from.

If you're looking for help, we need system specs, settings, errors you're having, etc etc.

Yeah.....that tinfoil hat. Good stuff.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!