In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

The Cavalry class is dead.....why not remove it from the game?

KingRofty
16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm at Cavalry level 38 now, and simply do not see the point of playing this class anymore.

To give you an example:

1. I start the Galicia map as Cavalry - and doesn't even make it to the B flag, as an Assault player takes me out with his Hellriegel. For some reason the Hellriegel inflicts insane damage to the Cavalry class.
2. Respawn as Cavalry and gets taken out by a Support player with a MG14, from a mile away - didn't even see the player who killed me.
3. Respawn as Cavalry, tries to perform a lance charge, it fails, horse gets stuck to a fence. Get shot up by various enemy players.
4. Respawn as Cavalry and gets taken out by an Artillery truck, before I could even make it to A flag to recapture it.
5. Respawn as Cavalry and gets taken out by a plane, before I could even make it to A flag.

So, I have already died five times, and simply not keen on respawning as Cavalry class again for the sixth time. Instead I respawn as Support and immediately get some kills.

I get incredibly annoyed by the excessive noise that the horse makes when you're moving around on the map with it. Why doesn't a tank or artillery truck make a massive noise when it's near you, before taking you out? Your armor is simply not as strong as a tank or truck, but for some reason your movements are "advertised" every second .

I'm done with Cavalry.

Comments

• TankGewehr1917
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok. Then don’t play it.
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 10
    The bad AI motorbike kit really is a bit of a gimmick at this point.

Which is a pity, because before the nerfs it used to be a viable vehicle class (yes, this is how it is supposed to be balanced) that added variety to gameplay.
  • Gforce81
    2103 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hate to say it, but I tend to agree.

After numerous failed attempts, I've hung up my sword for a while. Its just an excersize in frustration at this point. Its become where if you don't take down your target with surprise, in your first, MAYBE second quick followup swing, you're better off just booking it away to escape while you still can

Don't even bother trying to engage more than 2 enemies. Just no point, you get sandblasted into dust before you can do anything meaningful.

I have clips saved on my PS4 of riding around from 1 spawn of Cav for most of the match, took out a arty truck, took out a few guys

Looking back I'm amazed, I don't see how any of that is even possible anymore.
  • superteds
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i can't decide if it's bad or if it's just me being bad.

being a super 1911 soldier is quite fun, but i'm trying to get horse & lance kills for the specializations, and wow it can be rough - but otoh i see people really tearing it up sometimes.
  • Fleetwood1987
    206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks to the whiners saying it was too strong, it's now a crappy choice of spawn.
  • trm6
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cav is great. I am lvl 50 and still can drop 30+ kills in conquest per match. It is challenging and frustrating class at times and I find it is best used in vehicle support roles such as assisting tanks and can quickly deal a ton of damage with the grenades. Try supplying your teammates and healing inside capture zones instead of focusing on kills so much. I can trample 4-5 enemies in a row with proper flanking but remember, if you are spotted on cav you become the meat shield and must retreat.
  • purpleflump
    149 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    I'm at Cavalry level 38 now, and simply do not see the point of playing this class anymore.

To give you an example:

1. I start the Galicia map as Cavalry - and doesn't even make it to the B flag, as an Assault player takes me out with his Hellriegel. For some reason the Hellriegel inflicts insane damage to the Cavalry class.
    2. Respawn as Cavalry and gets taken out by a Support player with a MG14, from a mile away - didn't even see the player who killed me.
    3. Respawn as Cavalry, tries to perform a lance charge, it fails, horse gets stuck to a fence. Get shot up by various enemy players.
    4. Respawn as Cavalry and gets taken out by an Artillery truck, before I could even make it to A flag to recapture it.
    5. Respawn as Cavalry and gets taken out by a plane, before I could even make it to A flag.

So, I have already died five times, and simply not keen on respawning as Cavalry class again for the sixth time. Instead I respawn as Support and immediately get some kills.

I get incredibly annoyed by the excessive noise that the horse makes when you're moving around on the map with it. Why doesn't a tank or artillery truck make a massive noise when it's near you, before taking you out? Your armor is simply not as strong as a tank or truck, but for some reason your movements are "advertised" every second .

I'm done with Cavalry.

I rather they remove you
  • CR15CGS
    145 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had a similar thread not so long ago. The cavalry class isn't what it once was, it's defo not as effective but probably more realistic, they were almost immune to bullets.

Still a fun class though if your just having a chilled out mess about game.
  • von_Campenstein
    2654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Stopped playing cavalry a long time ago, the horse can't even jump.
  • UglyNoah
    1068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not dead at all actually
  • UglyNoah
    1068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    How do u call it dead? Do you not play TSAR?
  • USAFguy22
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They are tough in wide open maps, but on suez they can be really good for hit and run attacks with the dunes providing plenty of cover.

Level 50 cav <--
  • FocalCapybara34
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its fine.Your not meant to be superhuman.
  • von_Campenstein
    2654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its fine.Your not meant to be superhuman.

It's useless, why even get on it if you do way more damage on foot?
  • Jayremie570
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The first problem i read is you stop at a before heading to b. High levels dont stop in/on vehicles to cap the first flag. They head middke map or at least B.

If nothing else you should be getting the drop on your first enemies.
  • The_Violator_NZ
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is what happens when DICE insists on listening to the "I play Battlefield like it's COD and I won't adapt and learn to fly, drive or ride" crowd.
  • AaronTheZombie
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 11
    I'm just tired of DICE changing everything after the initial release. They have terrible confidence in their products. Quit listening to the whining brats and focus on fixing glitches instead of overbalancing things that didn't need it.
  • I-Soldat-I
    907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't stay on horseback, ride to the objective flag, presumably the mid flag, dismount and let your squad spawn off you.
  • JMDcpn
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Better title: "I suck at cavalry... why not remove myself from playing it?"