In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Aim assist and october patch

NoamChomskyRules
6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Will the October patch significantly reduce the aim assist/auto rotation which is heavily abused by shotgun and infantry sniper users? The shoot first and die instantly is common practice in smaller game modes right now where the lobbies are infested with the aforementioned 'classes'.
I don't mind the OHK but it shouldn't be that easy.

Comments

• A1337chicken
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you ask me, aim assist should not be in games anymore. Some people can make a living playing games, so I think even the most average joes can aim with a thumbstick.
  • VBALL_MVP
    3862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you ask me, aim assist should not be in games anymore. Some people can make a living playing games, so I think even the most average joes can aim with a thumbstick.

Most of the people making a living playing games like BF1 play on PC though.

Not saying there are not in console....traditionally it's not associated to the competitive realm.
  • Skill4Reel
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Aim assist is more than possible on consoles in these kinds of shooters without the game forcefully yanking and pulling our weapons to targets when we aren't trying to do it ourselves. Previous Battlefield games have shown this. I don't think removing aim assist is the solution. This game just needs a better system for it than it currently has. An aim assist system that actually assists instead of taking over the controls for the player.
  • b2tchwood
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Will the October patch significantly reduce the aim assist/auto rotation which is heavily abused by shotgun and infantry sniper users? The shoot first and die instantly is common practice in smaller game modes right now where the lobbies are infested with the aforementioned 'classes'.
    I don't mind the OHK but it shouldn't be that easy.

Nothing mentioned yet but can only hope. It's abused by every class/weapon, people only noticing how strong it is since emergence of infantry sniper variants taking over the battlefield
  • sfreeman73
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Even as it is now auto rotation isn't some super god power that gives you some ridiculous advantage over other players anyone with even a basic understanding of how it works and what it really does understands but in most cases those who complain the most and the loudest aren't really bothered with facts they'd rather stick to what they think they know because to admit they're wrong is more than their ego could stand
  • Skill4Reel
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    sfreeman73 wrote: »
    Even as it is now auto rotation isn't some super god power that gives you some ridiculous advantage over other players anyone with even a basic understanding of how it works and what it really does understands but in most cases those who complain the most and the loudest aren't really bothered with facts they'd rather stick to what they think they know because to admit they're wrong is more than their ego could stand

Even though I agree. This isn't the only issue with aim assist. There is also the problem for people like me that never use auto rotation, but still have the overpowering effect of my aim being pulled towards targets. Also the slow down aim assist seems to be too strong at times as well. Slow down assist was definitely not implemented into Battlefield 1 as well as it was in Bad Company 2.

• misisipiRivrRat
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »

Even though I agree. This isn't the only issue with aim assist. There is also the problem for people like me that never use auto rotation, but still have the overpowering effect of my aim being pulled towards targets. Also the slow down aim assist seems to be too strong at times as well. Slow down assist was definitely not implemented into Battlefield 1 as well as it was in Bad Company 2.

You can turn them both off in the settings
  • VBALL_MVP
    3862 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Only thing I don't like about it is that it locks onto people that are behind walls and doors.....that shouldn't happen.
  • LeesSummit09
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Aim assist is fine.
  • ssolrik
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    anyone noticed the change in opacity ? Flags Are too hard to see :(
  • ssolrik
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Only thing I don't like about it is that it locks onto people that are behind walls and doors.....that shouldn't happen.

Smoke should block it too..
  • Skill4Reel
    edited October 13

Doing so would make aiming even more of a chore in this game than it already is. Have you tried aiming the MG on the back of the car or jeep in this game? It is damn near impossible to track targets (especially when the vehicles are moving) with it because it seems like there are no assists on when using it. I already have auto rotation turned off with the slow down assist turned on. This is how I have preferred to play Battlefield games on consoles since these options were available in them. I think that it is hilarious how my my favorite console Battlefield aiming mechanics are the Bad Company games where we had no options to turn the assists off at all. Only the devs seemed to take the time in that game to make sure that the assists helped to make our aiming responsive, and actually "assist" our input. The aiming in Battlefield 1 has never been on par with previous games in this series, and turning the assists off doesn't make anything better.

• Ploodovic
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I started playing first person shooters with a mouse and keyboard (actually, in the beginning it was keyboard only, because you couldn’t look up or down), and BF1 is my first multiplayer FPS that I play with a controller. If I can learn to be effective with both aim assists off, then so can everyone. Just remove them from the game.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Skill4Reel wrote: »

Doing so would make aiming even more of a chore in this game than it already is. Have you tried aiming the MG on the back of the car or jeep in this game? It is damn near impossible to track targets (especially when the vehicles are moving) with it because it seems like there are no assists on when using it. I already have auto rotation turned off with the slow down assist turned on. This is how I have preferred to play Battlefield games on consoles since these options were available in them. I think that it is hilarious how my my favorite console Battlefield aiming mechanics are the Bad Company games where we had no options to turn the assists off at all. Only the devs seemed to take the time in that game to make sure that the assists helped to make our aiming responsive, and actually "assist" our input. The aiming in Battlefield 1 has never been on par with previous games in this series, and turning the assists off doesn't make anything better.

Naw it was different at first turning it off I will admit. You get used to it pretty quickly. Just give it a try.