In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

End of 40 man Operation game mode?

robmcewen
1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Just had a look on Reddit a came across this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/75ttkt/cant_believe_they_will_remove_40_men_ops/ is this true are they getting rid of 40 man operations?

If so what the hell is wrong with you DICE you lot seem to keep coming up the most stupidest idea on how to "improve the game". The reason I love the 40 man operation game mode is because of the tactical element where a single squad can win the match with some good team work and with its fluid movement with flanks and counter attacks (it happens sometimes). In 64 player mode most games become stagnant with both sides sniping at each other over the first sector.

DICE please reconsider as this move as for me personally is not wanted.

Comments

• QHUNK9000
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I dont understand that decision either. When has the community ever asked for this?? I dont buy that explanation.
  • crabman169
    9943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    In line with many other removals of content from the game

I mean it's taken a YEAR to put Ops in the server browser and change activating the bayonet charge

I don't get it either
  • robmcewen
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    QHUNK9000 wrote: »
    I dont understand that decision either. When has the community ever asked for this?? I dont buy that explanation.
    crabman169 wrote: »
    In line with many other removals of content from the game

I mean it's taken a YEAR to put Ops in the server browser and change activating the bayonet charge

I don't get it either

I'm starting to think they are asking Activision on advice on how to improve BATTLEFIELD.
  • jart372
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I cant belive that dice made it. Worst idea ever. 64 player operation are unplayable for me. Its just a sniper and explosive fest. I really enjoyed 40p operations. Dice probably want kill this game with this stupid decisions or mistakes, like lag servers , ttk changes and removing 40p operation. At least they removed cancer elites from domination.
  • ShadowBlitzer0
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well I won’t be playing as much operations as I usually do, it actually my preferred mode for several months. 40 players can be chaotic i can’t image what 64 player operations will be like!!!
  • Phat_Helmet
    1825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well I won’t be playing as much operations as I usually do, it actually my preferred mode for several months. 40 players can be chaotic i can’t image what 64 player operations will be like!!!

It’s great. It’s all I’ve ever played.
  • ShadowBlitzer0
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I'll try it but i probably won't be playing it as much as 40 operations.
  • Phat_Helmet
    1825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Once this game and Operations came out, I stopped playing Conquest altogether. CQ is like headless chickens running around the map, capping, then losing flags over and over again.
    To me, Operations captures the mayhem of WWI battles far more realistically than Conquest. Theres an actual purpose to the battles. There’s an attacker and a defender and it’s just a wave of violence sweeping in the direction of the defender.
  • Emfysem
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I much prefer 64 man Operation. I like the the caos, but more importantly is`s actully possible to win as attacker. In 40 man OP the attackers are almost always stopped when trying to capture the 3 flag sector.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They want everyone to play the same operation so they fill up the servers. Understandable and a good change.
  • ShadowBlitzer0

Once this game and Operations came out, I stopped playing Conquest altogether. CQ is like headless chickens running around the map, capping, then losing flags over and over again.
    To me, Operations captures the mayhem of WWI battles far more realistically than Conquest. Theres an actual purpose to the battles. There’s an attacker and a defender and it’s just a wave of violence sweeping in the direction of the defender.

Thats pretty much why i like operations. Also with conquest in BF1 I've noticed teams tend to spend the entire time trying to take your gimme flags so they can push you right back and spawn trap. For me operations is the best addition to the game and hope they keep it moving forward. As I've said i'll give it ago as its my main game mode.
  • BrakahI
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 12
    DICE stated in the October patch Twitch Stream on Oct. 11 that 40 player Operations were removed because the Operations servers weren't filling up. It's at 38 min into the Twitch stream.
  • Parasiten79
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Merge 64 and 40 to 50.
  • GrinddalDDG
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seriously **** you dice - Last straw! Just uninstalled game.. **** livid with this !
  • GrinddalDDG
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    40 man ops were fine, could always find a server. 64, is just a grenade/sniper spam fest! Especially on open maps!
  • Phat_Helmet
    Seriously **** you dice - Last straw! Just uninstalled game.. **** livid with this !

Bye Felicia
  • patmontana
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cant believe they removed it without at least asking the community. 40 men was the only game mode i played . Way more tactical. Couldn't they at least test it out in the server browser before removing it completely!?!?!!?
  • GrinddalDDG

Bye Felicia

I am allowed to be pissed with this without asshat comments from immature trolls? no?
  • Kattegat_Twin
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    QHUNK9000 wrote: »

Lots of us hate 40 man Operations, and wanted 64 player only. They gave us what we wanted.
  • Phat_Helmet
    patmontana wrote: »
    Cant believe they removed it without at least asking the community. 40 men was the only game mode i played . Way more tactical. Couldn't they at least test it out in the server browser before removing it completely!?!?!!?

They did ask.