In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Translucent/Transparent spotting. Can’t tell difference between friendly and foe.

Mceedj11
25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited October 12
Seriously Dice? Why? Why the hell do you ruin the spotting mechanics even further? I can’t even tell the difference between friendly troops and foes from a distance anymore? What is wrong with you people? You didn’t put this in the patch note because you guys knew it was a bad idea but hey, it’s dice after all. 1 step forward 2 steps back. Bravo!

Comments

• CallumHill98
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have been playing BF1 since it was released last week and since then my spotting seems to be buggy. When i aim on someone and try to tag them it doesn't spot them and i have to press the RB button multiple times for it to work and sometimes it doesn't. I thought this could be because i was trying to tag people quite a distance away but i also happens regularly when im not far from and enemy. And when it does work it goes straight back off is anyone else having this issue??
  • Hpool
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have been playing BF1 since it was released last week and since then my spotting seems to be buggy. When i aim on someone and try to tag them it doesn't spot them and i have to press the RB button multiple times for it to work and sometimes it doesn't. I thought this could be because i was trying to tag people quite a distance away but i also happens regularly when im not far from and enemy. And when it does work it goes straight back off is anyone else having this issue??

Same here.. from troops to vehicles.. It seem's very random as to when it works - By the time it does spot them as you say it disappears or your shot by the 12+ snipers on the map.
  • Adrenalinist
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I noticed it too, it works but sometimes(completely random) for a few moments it just doesn't work, really frustrating in those moments. And I know it's not me not aiming correctly or something..I made sure of being on point and pressing q in different intervals..nope :(
  • SpicyBhangraLova
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep definitely needs to be looked at, especially when your in aircraft, I can literally mash the spot button over 4-5 enemies and nothing...
  • Juppeke
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Great! No more spotting, I really would love to see all those kitty, dorito-shooting lame-poophole snipers coming off their mountains because no more easy kills.
  • DrKramshaw
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Can't spot without aiming down sights most of the time, unless the target is right in front of you (which means you can't spot wearing gas mask. Not sure if intended). They have made it so that you really have to have the target right in the center of your crosshairs at range in order to spot it, otherwise it's not getting spotted. They were pretty generous with the size of the 'spotting area' in BF4 which meant you could just mash vaguely near a target to spot it. Seems like that area is much reduced.

Takes a bit of getting used to but it works fine once you are aware of it.
  • Adrenalinist
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DrKramshaw wrote: »
    Can't spot without aiming down sights most of the time, unless the target is right in front of you (which means you can't spot wearing gas mask. Not sure if intended). They have made it so that you really have to have the target right in the center of your crosshairs at range in order to spot it, otherwise it's not getting spotted. They were pretty generous with the size of the 'spotting area' in BF4 which meant you could just mash vaguely near a target to spot it. Seems like that area is much reduced.

Takes a bit of getting used to but it works fine once you are aware of it.

It's not that, I tested
  • bulletsearl
    1101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I noticed it works flawlessly. If I can see an enemy, I can tag them in like 90%.
    What's important is that I cannot tag by spamming Q while scanning the horizon.
    They did that bit right.
  • Major_Pungspark
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As some people already said, there is no "spot all button" anymore.
  • rochekat
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't need to be on target and don't need to be ADS and don't need clear view. Something is certainly off with it.. I regularly can't spot people I have clear view of and others spot people I shouldn't be able to. Last night I spotted a guy and lit up the hillside behind him... got 5 or 6 spots in a single go and I couldn't even really see the others.

I suspect its an issue with the weather. In BF4 you can't spot very far from you when the weather is bad and I think the game may be confused as to when the weather is bad.

• GoofyMC123
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It was like that with the previous update, im guessing its even worse now?
  • ElliotLH
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    It was like that with the previous update, im guessing its even worse now?

It's pretty bad.
  • axe42
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is a **** idea... I been playing BF since 1942 and this is the worst spotting setting I have ever seen. roll it back.. or you will lose money!!! that aught to get your attention EA/DICE !
  • NakedGeezer
    379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does anyone have a screen shot or video of this change?
  • NakedGeezer
    379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Youtubers may complain hard enough - I hope. Whenever I watch a vid I'm stunned by how much the enemy team is spotted by them and for them. It looks like fish in a barrel. When I play with randoms you'd be lucky to see half as much spotting. So yeah maybe they'll raise a stink and it will change back.
  • SlvrDllrZ
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    DICE employees are just throwing bones and rocks on a table and go with that change. Well done dice. You guys are so smart. Friendlies shooting friendly. Whos the genius who came up with this? High IQ at Dice. Very high.

Lol so the only way of telling a friendly from a enemy is from the ruby on top of them?
    Are you braindead or something?
  • Mceedj11
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    SlvrDllrZ wrote: »
    Mceedj11 wrote: »
    DICE employees are just throwing bones and rocks on a table and go with that change. Well done dice. You guys are so smart. Friendlies shooting friendly. Whos the genius who came up with this? High IQ at Dice. Very high.

Lol so the only way of telling a friendly from a enemy is from the ruby on top of them?
    Are you braindead or something?

Why don’t you go in a plane and you tell me whether or braindead or not. You can’t see the difference unless you’re 50 meters or closer. Campers are going to have a field day with this.
  • mihai2011rom
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can confirm. After 30 m, it's impossible to tell who's who. The uniforms look similar and the farther away they are the less textures you see, which makes it even harder to know friend from foe.