In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Should I?

HardAimedKid
10113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So the patch came out, should I just continue to not play this game? Lol

Comments

• Djoenz
    710 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What's on your mind sir? Care to elaborate? This patch update seems to have added nice stuff, but made other stuff broken. Unbelievable...
  • V2Face
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Stay away it got worse supposedly. Try again next month that’s my plan lol
  • MikeManiac61
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Haven't played yet but I'm guessing it's still in shoddy condition?

• Gforce81
    2089 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds like a good weekend to do some more Progress in PREY

The G.U.T.S is no joke. Went back to cleanup a side mission and SURPRISE, there is now a 2nd weaver, and a Technopath lying in wait at the far end. Awesome.

This game certainly knows how to make you feel vulnerable as you progress, even as you acquire more upgrades
  • HardAimedKid
    10113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Djoenz wrote: »
    What's on your mind sir? Care to elaborate? This patch update seems to have added nice stuff, but made other stuff broken. Unbelievable...

Key word broken, thanks that's all I needed to hear lol
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DICE has somehow managed to break servers to the extent that you can no longer queue on a full server.

I'm not even surprised. DICE are better at creating bugs than Bethesda at this point.
  • GoofyMC123
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Thats what im doing, been on BF4 for a couple of weeks now, only time im playing BF1 is when i get coerced into it by friends lol. This game has been gradually going downhill since they scrapped the excellent spring patch netcode, every additional update seems to break as much as it fixes and the server stability is 3rd world standard right now.
  • HardAimedKid

That's what I'm hearing I haven't played.
    Gforce81 wrote: »

The G.U.T.S is no joke. Went back to cleanup a side mission and SURPRISE, there is now a 2nd weaver, and a Technopath lying in wait at the far end. Awesome.

This game certainly knows how to make you feel vulnerable as you progress, even as you acquire more upgrades

Are you confirming to stay away?
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »

Thats what im doing, been on BF4 for a couple of weeks now, only time im playing BF1 is when i get coerced into it by friends lol. This game has been gradually going downhill since they scrapped the excellent spring patch netcode, every additional update seems to break as much as it fixes and the server stability is 3rd world standard right now.

I've been on fortnite lol
    DICE has somehow managed to break servers to the extent that you can no longer queue on a full server.

I'm not even surprised. DICE are better at creating bugs than Bethesda at this point.

Remember when we were all excited for monthly patches?
  • Gforce81
    2089 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Are you confirming to stay away?

That's my plan for a bit at least. Its usually my plan, let the dust settle for a few days to a week after a patch. Its better for my blood pressure that way lol

• GoofyMC123
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've been on fortnite lol

I gave that a go but it's just a bit too cartoony for me :D Can't grumble though, was damn decent of them to throw the battle royale mode out free of charge :)
  • TankGewehr1917
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PS4 here, its slightly better than before. Still not good though. I have less faith in EA and DICE than in Ubisoft at this point. At least Ubisoft fixes more than they break these days. The servers are almost certainly better than EA now as well. If you’d have asked me a year ago I’d have said there was no way Ubi could be better than EA/DICE. I think it’s because it’s a skeleton crew working on this game and the rest are working on Cashfront 2.
  • HardAimedKid
    Maybe I'll just wait til the next patch, fortnite is pretty fun with friends
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Played a bit today. Haven't seen server lags which is nice but all those other "fixes" aren't really pleasing. I'll just keep playing other games for now.
  • Texator
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, i am a BF1 fanboy with almost 1000 hours playtime but i have to be honest with you: stay away, you will just enrage if you play now.
  • bran1986
    2805 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't play on patch days because the game is usually a huge mess(even moreso than usual). I just hope the server lag is gone and I can go back to enjoying the game again.
  • kaliyl777
    1860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

So you cant make your own decisions now? What a bunch of snowflakes around here. lol
  • xCANIBALXCORPSEx
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Couldnt tell you, server is full, cant even join a que anymore
  • Kattegat_Twin
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Why decide whether or not to play, based on what people here say? The game was not laggy for some before the patch. Different people have different experiences. Best way is to just play it and see. I'm yet to play the new patch (I will later) and I really hope nothing is broken because it was fine for me before. Not liking the sound of no more queues though.
  • HardAimedKid
    edited October 12
    kaliyl777 wrote: »

So you cant make your own decisions now? What a bunch of snowflakes around here. lol

Nah, don't even feel like booting it up, if consensus is that it's worse then I have no reason to get on it lol. Haven't hardly played in weeks as it is

Why decide whether or not to play, based on what people here say? The game was not laggy for some before the patch. Different people have different experiences. Best way is to just play it and see. I'm yet to play the new patch (I will later) and I really hope nothing is broken because it was fine for me before. Not liking the sound of no more queues though.

Because I'm so burnt out from bad patches, I'd rather just get feedback than play the game and get annoyed. I've been very happy staying away from this game
  • robmcewen
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well, I'm going in wish me luck I'll tell you when I get to the other side.