In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Details on today's 4GB Update?

SH1GGLES
669 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Is there a link anywhere that has details about what's included int the 4GB update from this morning? I notice some game play changes such as being able to better see enemy and team icons but guessing that's not the extend of it.

Comments

• moosehunter1969
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Operations in server browser for one.
  • WastlanderMerc
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SH1GGLES wrote: »
    Is there a link anywhere that has details about what's included int the 4GB update from this morning? I notice some game play changes such as being able to better see enemy and team icons but guessing that's not the extend of it.

Not exactly sure, but seems like every thread I come across is talking about a problem since the update.....not looking forward to the update when I get off work....
  • SH1GGLES

Not exactly sure, but seems like every thread I come across is talking about a problem since the update.....not looking forward to the update when I get off work....

Was able to play one CQ game after the update. Server crashed right when the game ended. Still got the kills but no one received XP for the game.
  • GoofyMC123
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I notice some game play changes such as being able to better see enemy and team icons but guessing that's not the extend of it.

Completely the opposite, you now really can't tell enemy players at any decent distance at all.
  • WastlanderMerc

Was able to play one CQ game after the update. Server crashed right when the game ended. Still got the kills but no one received XP for the game.

Was that your first game after the update? :D isn't looking good ig hah
  • WastlanderMerc
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    I notice some game play changes such as being able to better see enemy and team icons but guessing that's not the extend of it.

Completely the opposite, you now really can't tell enemy players at any decent distance at all.

I've heard this, what region u in?
  • magicmonkeys
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I don't think it matters what region you're on.

Game feels really smooth for me now but that doesn't count for much when you can't tell who is an enemy or a friendly except at close range.
  • SH1GGLES
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »

You're correct, I went back into another game and anything all color indicators for anything mid-far range is now muted to nearly transparent. It's worse than before. Even looking down a street on Amiens you can no longer tell if you're looking at friend or enemy. I saw multiple team mates fire at an ally thinking it was the enemy.
  • SH1GGLES
    Hard to believe DICE doesn't have details about what's changed after a 4GB update.
  • magicmonkeys
    all color indicators for anything mid-far range is now muted to nearly transparent. It's worse than before. Even looking down a street on Amiens you can no longer tell if you're looking at friend or enemy. I saw multiple team mates fire at an ally thinking it was the enemy.

On the grassy maps you can't see the green team mate icons, on the desert maps you can't see the red enemy icons, I haven't played the snowy maps today but I expect you can't see any of them.
    Anything over mid-range and I can't even see the icons at all.

I was (still) trying to do the 'shoot down planes' LMG challenge this evening...
    On Sinai desert, I enlarged the mini-map and realised I was trying to shoot down a friendly plane that was being chased by a friendly plane that was being shot at by a friendly tank.

That just about sums up how bad it is.
  • abc352455197
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here. I can't tell enemies from friendlies. Enemy icons don't show up at all at any significant distance. I can spot an enemy plane, but I don't see any icon after doing so.
  • magicmonkeys
    "Fixed the issue where the gameplay options for controlling the visibility of the world icons for enemy and friendly soldiers were not working properly."

'Fixed' is an optimistic way of looking at it. I can think of a more appropriate 'F' word.
  • SH1GGLES
    "Fixed the issue where the gameplay options for controlling the visibility of the world icons for enemy and friendly soldiers were not working properly."

'Fixed' is an optimistic way of looking at it. I can think of a more appropriate 'F' word.

Yeah they effed that one up big time.
  • redenya
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's not just me then ...I thought my new tv was playing up.
  • WastlanderMerc

I don't think it matters what region you're on.

Game feels really smooth for me now but that doesn't count for much when you can't tell who is an enemy or a friendly except at close range.

I'm sure they'll fix that issue soon, until then looks like we all will be shooting at anything that moves lol.
  • magicmonkeys
    redenya wrote: »
    It's not just me then ...I thought my new tv was playing up.

I just bought a 4K monitor in prep for the X1X next month, the difference between it and my tv was incredible (and being able to turn on RBG on my Xbox)...
    But even with this monitor I can't tell enemy from friendly, half the time I can't see the icons at all.
    Basically it's Assault class time in every game until they fix this, there's little point using anything that needs a bit of range.
  • Irishboyo79
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    "Fixed the issue where the gameplay options for controlling the visibility of the world icons for enemy and friendly soldiers were not working properly." Where is this option to control the visibility of the world icons?
  • magicmonkeys
    "Fixed the issue where the gameplay options for controlling the visibility of the world icons for enemy and friendly soldiers were not working properly." Where is this option to control the visibility of the world icons?

They haven't fixed it, they've broken it.
    I think the options are in 'Video'.
  • SH1GGLES
    edited October 14
    I have a sinking feeling the new visibility settings for seeing teammate and enemy icons are by design. This would have been tested in the CTE before being pushed into production.